• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Spring 2021

Just now, paweather said:

So I guess a letter and phone call from Met-Ed telling everyone to preserve their electric will be happening. :thumbsdown:

Probably too early to say this is definitively a “how hot can it get in the first half of June” event, but both the GFS and CMC have trended that way, especially for yinz, but it’ll get too hot for me here too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

This looks like lots and lots of pain. I guess we pay the price for getting an extended winter/early spring.

With just limited precip it would be ugly as depicted.  Is now the time to bring up that the earliest it has ever hit 100 at MDT is June 20th and that it has never gone over 100 in June?

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

With just limited precip it would be ugly as depicted.  Is now the time to bring up that the earliest it has ever hit 100 at MDT is June 20th and that it has never gone over 100 in June?

Might as well, record low high's in May and now record high temps in June over 100. Why not? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

PIT’s early June standard is nearly untouchable (94, 95, 96, 98 on the first four days of June 1895) - the 98 ties with a couple of days in late June 1988 for our monthly record, and there’s also a 6 day stretch of record highs of 95-97 in mid-June 1994. 

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think going over 100 is so limited in popularity that even the "Summer in Feb" gang on the MA would be complaining.   

I lurk in that sub once in awhile and I feel like I remember reading someone saying they’re ready for 100/80. There’s also someone in the Western PA thread that would like to break our 26 year streak of not reaching 100.

Just now, paweather said:

True. Hope the models trend the other way this week. We go from sweatshirts to no shirts in a 2 week period. 

Too hot and it will be down to just masks and nothing else!   I keep hearing revving coming out of my PC speakers and think it is the Euro about to show us it will never be out hotted by another model.  its getting geared up to:

Sun Blowing Cliparts - Cliparts Zone

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

PIT’s early June standard is nearly untouchable (94, 95, 96, 98 on the first four days of June 1895) - the 98 ties with a couple of days in late June 1988 for our monthly record, and there’s also a 6 day stretch of record highs of 95-97 in mid-June 1994. 

Imagine upper 90's in 1895 with all the extraneous clothing people wore. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Watching the O's gets them mad and talking extremes. 

Watching the Phillies even worse a bunch of high salary underperforming players with a HOF coach that cannot coach anymore and doesn't give a horse crap about the team. Just collects a salary. Haha, had to say it sorry. 

Imagine upper 90's in 1895 with all the extraneous clothing people wore. 

I can think of a current area of the world where it gets extremely hot and people wear a lot of clothing (I won’t say extraneous, because I’m not opening that can of worms).

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

I can think of a current area of the world where it gets extremely hot and people wear a lot of clothing (I won’t say extraneous, because I’m not opening that can of worms).

Sure, but we are "used" to having large parts of our skin out when it is hot now.  I think wearing a tie when it is cold out is uncomfortable so wearing one with sport jacket in the upper 90's is something I have trouble imagining.

Sure, but we are "used" to having large parts of our skin out when it is hot now.  I think wearing a tie when it is cold out is uncomfortable so wearing one with sport jacket in the upper 90's is something I have trouble imagining.

Does this work for a business meeting when it is in the 90s? Asking for a friend. 

Image result for sports coat and tie when it is cold out funy images

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, paweather said:

Does this work for a business meeting when it is in the 90s? Asking for a friend. 

Image result for sports coat and tie when it is cold out funy images

Sure, especially if you’re a Cowboy fan and people question your judgment anyway. Kidding, of course.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, paweather said:

OK, I'll give you that comeback! Good one. 

Gotta lighten the mood a little before the Euro confirms our fears about next week and silences the crowd like Mason Crosby hitting a 51 yard field goal as time expired in the 2016 divisional round.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think going over 100 is so limited in popularity that even the "Summer in Feb" gang on the MA would be complaining.   

Bumped. Go check out what they have to say on the matter. Monsters, I tell ya.