• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
At Least The 12th Lawn Thread

Damage In Tolland

I've purchased pesticides from DoMyOwn over the past 8 years or so - their prices are competitive. Something must have happened though - DMO no longer sells anything to Maine addresses. I emailed their customer service and they responded quickly that Maine addresses will soon be serviced again. I also called the Maine Bureau of Pesticide Control and they didn't know anything about DMO , so it probably was a paperwork issue. Hopefully DMO will take care of what needs to be done soon.

4 hours ago, Greenie said:

I've purchased pesticides from DoMyOwn over the past 8 years or so - their prices are competitive. Something must have happened though - DMO no longer sells anything to Maine addresses. I emailed their customer service and they responded quickly that Maine addresses will soon be serviced again. I also called the Maine Bureau of Pesticide Control and they didn't know anything about DMO , so it probably was a paperwork issue. Hopefully DMO will take care of what needs to be done soon.

I noticed this too for the quinclorac and just got it off AMZ.

13 hours ago, Greenie said:

You buy anything to get rid of violets?

On 7/29/2021 at 12:07 PM, Baroclinic Zone said:

So I've ordered my herbicides to get my current weeds under control.  Going to use a backpack sprayer and use a combination of Tenacity and Ferti-Lome (Weed Free Zone).  This looks to be the best 1-2 punch to know down initial weeds to get overseed process going.

10 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

You buy anything to get rid of violets?

I'm using this combo as a post-emergent before I overseed.  I'll probably do another treatment towards the end of Fall as a 2nd post-emergent hit.  Next Spring I'll probably go with something that has Barricade in it.  Either Andersens or Jonathan Greene,

Driving home yesterday late afternoon from our 2-day "peer-review" trip in the north woods, I turned off I-95 in Newport and the whole western horizon was dark.  Continuing west I watched the dark slide to my right and never saw a drop or wet road.  My wife said there had been distant thunder for hours when I got home about 6:45.
May:  1.73",  temp 1.5 AN
June:  1.05",  temp 4.1 AN
July:  6.25",  temp 2.7 BN
Aug.: 0.36",  temp 1.8 AN  (to date)
One of these things is not like the others.

Definitely need to start ramping up my Front Lawn reno plans.  We have fence going in next week on side yard, so I am waiting for that to be done 1st.  1st step will be to kill off existing weeds probably try to do that next week if temps cooperate.  Give that a couple weeks and that I need to dethatch the hell out of the lawn.  It's been a solid 5+ years since any machine has worked the lawn besides a mower.  Shooting to get that done by the end of the month.  This will give me Labor Day Weekend to do any topsoil spreading than seed.  Supposed to give about 45 days before 1st frost for cool season grasses to establish, which puts me into 2nd week of October, about a week after my 1st frost.

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

Definitely need to start ramping up my Front Lawn reno plans.  We have fence going in next week on side yard, so I am waiting for that to be done 1st.  1st step will be to kill off existing weeds probably try to do that next week if temps cooperate.  Give that a couple weeks and that I need to dethatch the hell out of the lawn.  It's been a solid 5+ years since any machine has worked the lawn besides a mower.  Shooting to get that done by the end of the month.  This will give me Labor Day Weekend to do any topsoil spreading than seed.  Supposed to give about 45 days before 1st frost for cool season grasses to establish, which puts me into 2nd week of October, about a week after my 1st frost.

This is what is looks like right now.  It's overgrown a bit since I haven't cut it in a couple weeks.  You can see the Dig Safe marks on lawn for Fence install.  Fence will be going from just to the right of there up against the house straight out 90d to the tree line between my neighbors house.  It's give us a screen from the street to the pool in back yard and will create a small lawn behind it where I will be putting my Davis.  Not an ideal spot but I don't have anywhere else on my property to put it.  I am thinking of putting my anemometer up on the gable end of the new garage with a wireless transmitter to the station.

mJtHPKr.jpg

JoA66X7.jpg