• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    samithdfm
    Newest Member
    samithdfm

March Banter 2021

1st Bday stop is Dunkin.  My 2 daughters are driving me . I had no idea my oldest is this bad a driver :yikes:. I told her I want to survive on my birthday at least . No way I let her race my Grand national lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

1st Bday stop is Dunkin.  My 2 daughters are driving me . I had no idea my oldest is this bad a driver :yikes:. I told her I want to survive on my birthday at least . No way I let her race my Grand national lol.

Happy Birthday!  Have a great day.  Just close your eyes and hope for the best :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Not going to lie, having your birthday around March Madness every year is pretty awesome.  Enjoy and happy birthday!  Drink an IPA for all of us.

• Like 1

Spring comes...but after the way the winter went...it's a little harder to enjoy it this year...at least initially. Right now it's just a reminder of the winter's failures. But hey, perhaps the warmth and cicadas will make it better!

27 minutes ago, H2O said:

Had the same deal.  Wanted some new furniture and went looking back around Labor Day.  Went to LaZBoy as well and the exact same story.  Liked a set but if we wanted different fabric then it was 12-16 week wait.  Floor model was available now.  So declined.  Went looking again around Thanksgiving and went to VCF (yeah, I know.  Cheap) Found one there that we liked just didn't pull the trigger.  Got the one stimulus($600) and bought it online around Xmas.  Thankfully they had it and only took a few weeks to get.  

But I'll be doing the paint thing in Aug.  Daughter wants her room a new color.  Joy.

My guess is that most furniture is more cheaply built across the board these days, so I wouldn't mind if it's from VCF, Ashley, etc. I can find something to like, for any room, in any furniture store, it's Mrs. V who's a little more, ummm, "choosy," shall we say. We've actually had great luck with LaZBoy in Kingstowne...bought from there a few times during sales over the years and their pieces have held up well. The LR stuff we've pitched is from Belfort, one of my wife's favorite haunts in past years....but this time, I didn't want to go schlepping out to Dulles to roam a giant furniture warehouse for an entire day. Yep, I'll GLADLY repaint the LR to avoid THAT.

I got the 1st Moderna shot last week...only reaction was a sore arm.  That is, until today.  I've developed an itchy rash in my upper arm where I got the shot & and its pretty swollen.  My armpit is sensitive to the touch, too.  Dr. Google says its "COVID arm" which some people develop about a week after the 1st shot.  Its harmless apparently but I wonder if it forebodes a bigger reaction to the 2nd shot.

ETA:  Dr. Google says no bearing on the 2nd shot. 

• Like 2

So Mr. J did good for a birthday gift. Had a quiet day and ordered in Thai on Wednesday. After all my life having a St Patrick’s Day birthday I am over the mass pub scene of my adult life. Not being Irish at all, German and Greek mostly, it has been nice to just celebrate it as my birthday. :)

06360E83-760E-4FEC-B9CD-802513379FAE.jpeg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Mrs.J said:

So Mr. J did good for a birthday gift. Had a quiet day and ordered in Thai on Wednesday. After all my life having a St Patrick’s Day birthday I am over the mass pub scene of my adult life. Not being Irish at all, German and Greek mostly, it has been nice to just celebrate it as my birthday. :)

Happy belated birthday!  Hope you had a great day and agree with you on skipping the bar scene that day.  

• Like 1

No one at most sites is double-checking for conditions. If you have an appt, you will get a shot.

Same in Virginia. College students who stay up till midnight are rewarded with appointments. I think it’s rather immoral so I’ve avoided it but I’d need a lot more fingers to count on my fingers the number of perfectly healthy college students who have gotten vaccinated in the past week.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Same in Virginia. College students who stay up till midnight are rewarded with appointments. I think it’s rather immoral so I’ve avoided it but I’d need a lot more fingers to count on my fingers the number of perfectly healthy college students who have gotten vaccinated in the past week.

My parents in FL have told me to lie my way into a vaccine. I told them that is just not right. Am I frustrated that a person with underlying conditions has had to wait, yes. But I am not going to lie my way into a vaccine.

So this 48 year old cancer survivor will be one of those trolling at midnight if I have to starting March 30th here. I am signed up on a an intent form with my local county health department, but I feel that as they are only up to 1952 for their age group that will not be happening soon for me. I will hopefully get to pre-register for a mass site next Tuesday. Have my Twitter alerts set up with a Vax Alert Bot and have joined a MD Vaccine Hunters group that gives tips and tricks and even helps those who are having issue getting registered. :)

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Happy belated, Mrs. J!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LP08 said:

Not going to lie, having your birthday around March Madness every year is pretty awesome.  Enjoy and happy birthday!  Drink an IPA for all of us.

I will have to say it is kind of cool having a birthday during March Madness (mine is the 25th, next Thursday).  However, that said, I still have bad memories of 1988, when Purdue (where I was in school at the time, for undergrad) had an awesome team that year.  They were favored to go far in the tourney and were ranked #2 at the end of the season.  They got the #1 seed in the Midwest bracket, won the first 2 rounds handily.  But then on Friday night, March 25 that year, they LOST a tough one to Kansas State (the 4 seed) in the Sweet 16 by 3 points and had a couple of bad plays at the end that may have cost them.  Funny thing is, they played K State earlier in the regular season and won that game big.  Oh well!!

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Have a great birthday!  March birthdays are awesome, but perhaps I'm biased!

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

March is easily the worst weather month of the year 

Yup 

1 hour ago, Mrs.J said:

My parents in FL have told me to lie my way into a vaccine. I told them that is just not right. Am I frustrated that a person with underlying conditions has had to wait, yes. But I am not going to lie my way into a vaccine.

So this 48 year old cancer survivor will be one of those trolling at midnight if I have to starting March 30th here. I am signed up on a an intent form with my local county health department, but I feel that as they are only up to 1952 for their age group that will not be happening soon for me. I will hopefully get to pre-register for a mass site next Tuesday. Have my Twitter alerts set up with a Vax Alert Bot and have joined a MD Vaccine Hunters group that gives tips and tricks and even helps those who are having issue getting registered. :)

You're a good egg, @Mrs.J....and I hope you had an awesome birthday. Can't wait to see what great things you do with that new cookbook...  :D 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Oral Robert's is hanging with Ohio St. 

They can really light it up from behind the arc.

Would be a huge upset 

Let’s go Oral Roberts!  I had them beating OSU as an upset.

3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Let’s go Oral Roberts!  I had them beating OSU as an upset.

Damn.... Would be a big upset.

It's a close game but Oral Robert's looks like they want it more right now.

3 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Damn.... Would be a big upset.

It's a close game but Oral Robert's looks like they want it more right now.

you can feel a big OSU run coming up though.  Oral Roberts lives by the 3 but is dying by it right now.

6 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Happy slightly late Birthday! And my son has a St Patty's Day Birthday too!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Happy Birthday! Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

I hope it was a great day, happy belated my friend! 

5 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

March is easily the worst weather month of the year 

Co-sign. Not bad today when the wind isn’t blowing. 

• Like 1

Ravens are failing bigtime in acquiring an impact WR in FA. Why they didn't get Marvin Jones from Detroit is beyond me. Would have been a perfect fit and he signed a pretty modest contract with the Jags. Looks like its back to the draft, where they don't do well with drafting impact WRs.

Glad they failed to get Ju Ju. He was under 9 yards per catch last season. That's not what they need. Bring back Snead for that.

Cant blame WRs from not wanting to come here and play(block) in Roman's run dominant scheme, with HS level sophistication in its passing design and 'creativity'.

Picked up a DFH Fruitfull Fort and a 2018 GI BCBS. Super good no matter what, but a few years aged in the bottle cant hurt.

I am drinking one of those now.  :drunk:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Glad they failed to get Ju Ju. He was under 9 yards per catch last season. That's not what they need. Bring back Snead for that.

Even though I think he wasn't the type of receiver the Ravens need, it is telling that he chose to remain with the Steelers for significantly less money. Ravens apparently were aggressive, but receivers are all prima donnas and want the catches. Why come here to block in Roman's vanilla offense from the 1960s lol.