• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Back to Back Major Synoptic Snowstorms!

Brutal day today. My electronic buried wire dog fence went down and my Siberian husky figured it out in only a few hours while I was watching soccer. Spent 2 hrs hunting him down as he refuses to listen when he gets loose. Huskies are notorious Houdini's.

Then...spent the next 5 hours trying to find the break, snowshoeing back and forth in the yard (5 acres), splicing wires, getting up and down a lot to dig out a foot of snow just to reach the mostly frozen ground underneath to find wire runs etc. Finally got it working at dark but had to sectionalize it to a smaller area for now.

Will continue tomorrow as from the look of things, the 12-15" snowpack (18+" in drifts) is going to substantially grow here soon.

Having a glass or two of wine, my old bones are feeling it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Brutal day today. My electronic buried wire dog fence went down and my Siberian husky figured it out in only a few hours while I was watching soccer. Spent 2 hrs hunting him down as he refuses to listen when he gets loose. Huskies are notorious Houdini's.

Then...spent the next 5 hours trying to find the break, snowshoeing back and forth in the yard (5 acres), splicing wires, getting up and down a lot to dig out a foot of snow just to reach the mostly frozen ground underneath to find wire runs etc. Finally got it working at dark but had to sectionalize it to a smaller area for now.

Will continue tomorrow as from the look of things, the 12-15" snowpack (18+" in drifts) is going to substantially grow here soon.

Having a glass or two of wine, my old bones are feeling it.

Lifesaver. We have 3 acres covered by fence, broke at the main splice on ours. 

PetSafe Wire Break Locator - Easily Detect Wire Breaks in Any In-Ground Pet Fence System from The Parent Company of Invisible Fence Brand - Components to Repair and Reconnect Wires are Also Included https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MFWBJML/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_HCXPKMM59EGX9763G7XS

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

Lifesaver. We have 3 acres covered by fence, broke at the main splice on ours. 

PetSafe Wire Break Locator - Easily Detect Wire Breaks in Any In-Ground Pet Fence System from The Parent Company of Invisible Fence Brand - Components to Repair and Reconnect Wires are Also Included https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MFWBJML/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_HCXPKMM59EGX9763G7XS

I have that. Doesnt work well on long loops. I have about 4.5 acres looped and I lose signal when I get (not even) halfway out.  So I abandoned using it.  Brute force using splice points to sectionalize.is the only way I have to identify a break area or "weak" section. 

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Did I mention that I like this one? Lol

While the next few days look good for basically everyone on this forum, this is the kind of set-up where Rochester cashes in. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out for you guys.

• Like 1