• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Back to Back Major Synoptic Snowstorms!

6 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Icon snow to ice on to dry slot storm 2 lots of time on that one. Looks like a blend of gfs and euro.

Of course I would love all snow...but if we get 8 to 12 inches on Tuesday and then a nice thump on Thursday/Friday capped/sealed with a layer of ice...we could have quite the preserved glacier as we head into late winter.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Pretty impressive winter weather US map...dang:

US.png

Been perusing the various warnings and watches nationwide. Snow and ZR in coastal Louisiana and TX...temps 4cast down to 20 in extreme south TX and the cold up in the upper midwest.  February is delivering...

9 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Yep. This is all I was saying earlier on the other thread. Yet again more NW on the new Nam run. Tonight's "event" is a no-show, as the precip is farther north than forecast. Still another 36 hours left for this Monday-Tuesday event to do the same.

I really wouldn't concern yourself with model noise, lol. No 2 runs will look identical to each other so you should expect some perturbations either to the N&W or S&E

• Like 2

Tim, I know temps are going to be nice and cold, especially for Storm 1, but that doesn't always equate to fluffy snow with high ratios. We often get excited about high ratios for synoptic systems and they end up being lower than expected. I just don't want you to get excited about huge numbers...but ultimately that's up to you how you want to feel. :) What this does have going for it is the moisture and, of course, lake enhanced snow can have a great fluff factor. Either way, you're looking great...just the high numbers you're putting out there may be hard to reach.