• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 16th Disco

Bostonseminole

I’ll freely admit that I haven’t followed every detail of this, but WTF happened?? I thought this was as synoptically locked in as you’ll ever see - big slug of moisture ramming into a strong cold high which was supposedly perfectly positioned. Now we’re just getting firehosed.

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Are you getting rid of icestorm except for ALB NW? Should have known when Scoots called me in a great spot we’d lose it 

We still get .15 to .30" ice accretion but really have to consider the possibility of a pack eating torch Tuesday AM if those NW tracks come to fruition. 

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Are you getting rid of icestorm except for ALB NW? Should have known when Scoots called me in a great spot we’d lose it 

Take the watches/warnings down if the trend doesn’t stop at 00z. I’ve been pretty confident this would start going back SE at some point but that PV lobe is providing like zero resistance which is weird. You’d think at some point it would. I mean, as recently as 12z runs today, we saw a notable increase in the high presence up north...maybe something weird happened in the 18z runs that was kind of fake. If it’s real, we will see it again at 00z.

Its also kind of amazing to remember that the GGEM utterly de-pantsed the GFS/Ukie/Euro all from about 4-4.5 days out. It was all alone for like 2 cycles on showing the partial phase. 

4 minutes ago, PWMan said:

I’ll freely admit that I haven’t followed every detail of this, but WTF happened?? I thought this was as synoptically licked in as you’ll ever see - big slug of moisture ramming into a strong cold high which was supposedly perfectly positioned. Now we’re just getting firehosed.

Nothing is ever guaranteed in the weather as I said earlier, this was a delicate setup and not a classic SWFE at all.