Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2021

George BM

Just now, H2O said:

Says it’s a stupid weather board but stays and then says he is more popular than another while saying said board is full of unpopular people. Too funny. 

And mappy is a much better person than you. 

Great to hear your invaluable opinion. Thank you very much. Have a great rest of your day. 

10 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Damn, man...those Icicles of Doom coming off the side of your house. One of those decides to let fly while someone is walking by, and it's gonna be a recreation of that "stinger to the head" scene from Starship Troopers...

Yeah, and they are half the size they were a week ago before our mini thaw the other day.  Luckily no one trudges through that part of our yard during the winter.

Had to close down the sidewalk by the brewery for a few days because snow of the roof was threatening to fall.  Glad we did, huge chunks fell during business hours on Saturday, would have seriously injured someone had they been hit.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

Dude whether you are right or wrong who cares. Just drop it. It’s a stupid weather board. I have been here since the beginning and according to @mappy nobody likes me. I could really give two shits because I know in real life a lot more people like me than her. Internet message boards are not exactly the domain of popular people. I’m sure in real life you are a great guy. Just drop it and forget it. You will never win regardless. 

i didn't say no one liked you. i am sure many here do. i personally can't stand that you take very single post and make it sex related. its gross more often than not. but you are who you are, and it is what it is. 

• Like 1

Just now, wxtrix said:

it is gross and i am sure it drives potential good posters away.

there is no reason that the women here should have to deal with that crap on a wx board.

i mean there aren't many of us, but i am sure it doesn't help. Ive given up on trying to do something about it, doesn't make a difference. 

7 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Mr J and I just cleared the drive. About a 1/4” sleet covered by about 3” of snow covered with about another 1/4” sleet. Felt like we were shoveling sawdust. 

I don't look forward to scraping nearly an inch of sleet off the car, but maybe by the time I get around to the task, it won't be a solid brick quite yet!  Feels like walking on wet sand out there.  And I hear you...sleet is about the worst thing to shovel.

1 minute ago, wxtrix said:

it doesn’t matter how many, though, in the end. it’s disrespectful to women at the very least, and abusive to women who are sexual assault/harassment survivors.

it’s been over a decade of the same repetitive gross behavior with no variation. it’s actually pretty pathetic.

I hear you. I hide what I can when I come across them. But I can't catch them all. It's a man's world here, my dear. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Scene at the end of my alley.  White SUV driven by very young guy going too fast down Nebraska Ave, took right on Nevada and lost control into parked cars. Luckily no injuries. New Range Rover is recent replacement for stolen RR. Haven't seen any plows or salt trucks all day, they were out in droves last week (?) when we had 1". 

crunch.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, mappy said:

i didn't say no one liked you. i am sure many here do. i personally can't stand that you take very single post and make it sex related. its gross more often than not. but you are who you are, and it is what it is. 

I thought that’s what you said. I apologize if that isn’t the case. I fully understand many will not like my personality and I have zero issues with that. I just thought your post was overly harsh. I know you will never like me and I can live with that. I actually think you are nice but a bit overly harsh sometimes,  but that’s probably because you don’t like me. Have a great remainder of your day. 

16 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

it is gross and i am sure it drives potential good posters away.

there is no reason that the women here should have to deal with that crap on a wx board.

Lighten up for once in your life. There is no reason that every person here has to deal with your rude, harsh, aggressive and condescending behavior in every post. I can guarantee you that it drives away many potential good posters. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

I thought that’s what you said. I apologize if that isn’t the case. I fully understand many will not like my personality and I have zero issues with that. I just thought your post was overly harsh. I know you will never like me and I can live with that. I actually think you are nice but a bit overly harsh sometimes,  but that’s probably because you don’t like me. Have a great remainder of your day. 

That's fair. Have a good day too. 

7 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Trix ...up to her nastiness as usual and belittling people misspelling a word . The powers at be do nothing. Theres a obviously a double standard in here and hypocrisy .  And now the guys in here are all women haters and sexiest according to Trix....just wow.  The rules don't apply to a certain group in here . It's very unfortunate.  

My god you are a whiny baby. No one ever said all guys here are women haters. You now resort to making shit up to make yourself seem a hero to others. 

You seem to have an agenda so might as well state it and get this over with. Or shut up

12 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Trix ...up to her nastiness as usual and belittling people misspelling a word . The powers at be do nothing. Theres a obviously a double standard in here and hypocrisy .  And now the guys in here are all women haters and sexiest according to Trix....just wow.  The rules don't apply to a certain group in here . It's very unfortunate.  

Damn right I'm sexy

1 minute ago, ravensrule said:

Careful you could offend the women and sexual harassment survivors. 

see, and this is why i have a problem with you. you admitted it yourself that you have your way of doing that, and instead of just accepting that some don't like it, you choose to double down and mock it. 

7 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

You never hide her nasty posts ..

Ever 

Here's the deal...and I'm coming at this from a neutral point of few.  Every moderator/admin hear's this:  You never hide x's post...you are against me because of my views, etc.   But the problem is, NOBODY other than moderators can see all of the hidden posts, deleted posts and warnings.   99% of the time, people come at us blind.   I've seen mappy delete/hide plenty of posts from Trixie, I promise you.   I've seen some of yours hidden.  Shit man, they've hidden some of mine! 

You were upset yesterday about one of your posts being deleted.  I supported the deletion.  It wasn't because of what you believe.  It wasn't because of some dislike of you (I actually like your posts).   I couldn't care less about politics and I think we are all better off not knowing people's political persuasions.  The post wasn't deleted because it was personal against you...but we've been moderating these forums for a while and we know where it was going to go (and in fact, it went exactly how we knew it would). 

I'm not going to convince you or anybody else who thinks we have some sort of bias, but I assure you, we've deleted posts from "friends" and "long timers".   Yes, I'm not going to sit up here and lie to you and say that long timers don't get more leeway...of course they do.  But not to the point of breaking obvious rules.   My point with the long winded post is that yes, I can confirm that mappy has indeed deleted some of her posts and in fact, those two have gotten into it multiple times.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Some of ya'll just become downright NASTY people in the winter. It's not a good look. I'm not going to single anyone out - but there's definitely a good number of people that maybe need to do some soul searching. It's weather. Get a grip. It's not even politics in here. There's a mute function - use it. And I *KNOW* some of the offenders are totally rationale, normal people in here other times of year. 

Grow the F up and realize that there are winner and losers in every weather event. Stop getting all butthurt over a weather forum.

If you feel like you're getting bullied - privately message a mod or something - stop duking it out in public. I don't speak for everyone - but I'm pretty sure the vast majority of us weather enthusiasts don't want to see you have little petulant outbursts in the public forum. 

There's a DM feature, report feature, and mute feature. Use them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mappy said:

see, and this is why i have a problem with you. you admitted it yourself that you have your way of doing that, and instead of just accepting that some don't like it, you choose to double down and mock it. 

I never said nor admitted i do what Trixie said. To say I’m offending sexual harassment survivors is disgusting and incorrect. I’m not harassing anyone. I’m joking around and never ever directing it at a woman. If people don’t like it just put me on the ignore list. Nothing would make me happier. 

All the long timers know I don't tend to be the type to have outbursts...but good lord...the forum is not out to get you. Randy can ban me after my little rant above or 5-post me. 

The amount of drama in here just feels 10x worse than it has in years past. And no...it's not all new posters, it's A LOT of people. New and old. I have ZERO people on my mute list here - and normally I just scroll past little outbursts of drama. But this is just not a hard concept for me - can't we all just be at least courteous? It cannot be this hard. 

• Like 1

Just now, ravensrule said:

I never said nor admitted i do what Trixie said. To say I’m offending sexual harassment survivors is disgusting and incorrect. I’m not harassing anyone. I’m joking around and never ever directing it at a woman. If people don’t like it just put me on the ignore list. Nothing would make me happier. 

Your "rude" shtick can be quite funny, in moderation. Maybe pick your spots.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic