Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 26-27 light snows

ORH_wxman

6 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

i saw CQX reporting light rain and 40 last hour, whats going on right now in Harwich? same?

Oh we will get colder once the trough or boundary begins to move east.  Right now the area of best convergence is over the Upper Cape and southern portions of Plymouth county.  I honestly think tomorrow is going to be a lot of radar hallucinations and a lot of huh, and ooohhh, and then some bickering and then celebration as the monster band does hit us right on the noggin. 

19 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Oh we will get colder once the trough or boundary begins to move east.  Right now the area of best convergence is over the Upper Cape and southern portions of Plymouth county.  I honestly think tomorrow is going to be a lot of radar hallucinations and a lot of huh, and ooohhh, and then some bickering and then celebration as the monster band does hit us right on the noggin. 

snowfall_001h_mean.ne.f03500.png?width=1

So close, yet so far away.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

snowfall_001h_mean.ne.f03500.png?width=1

So close, yet so far away.

You know what becomes our mesolow is this feature over the Cape Cod Bay right now.  This little low shifts offshore and then backs in tomorrow.  This low intensifies as the H5 low approaches and transfers energy to the coastal low.  This process is what develops the intense band of snow and wind.  Honestly, current trends do not show this feature moving out as promptly as the models have suggested.  I think the band moves over the Cape.  Just a hunch, similar banding impact as the DEC 20 2010 system.

21 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

We were accumulating earlier when it was a bit heavier but once it let up..it melted. So basically a net 0" OTG lol.

It was probably .25" though before it melted. Just a bit too warm here..with minimally accumulating bursts of mod sn

Bummer...prob 2-3F cooler there and you couldve grabbed a couple inches.

Just now, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Will that arctic air is moving into the region.  Man those 850mb temps drop to -24C on the latest RAP run

Yeah you'll have a shot at a couple inches tomorrow....but latest guidance has pushed the potential a little eastward, so we'll see. There will still probably be some OES on the Cape for a few hours as the IVT rotates down even if you miss the really intense band directly with the IVT.

2 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

You know what becomes our mesolow is this feature over the Cape Cod Bay right now.  This little low shifts offshore and then backs in tomorrow.  This low intensifies as the H5 low approaches and transfers energy to the coastal low.  This process is what develops the intense band of snow and wind.  Honestly, current trends do not show this feature moving out as promptly as the models have suggested.  I think the band moves over the Cape.  Just a hunch, similar banding impact as the DEC 20 2010 system.

I think it will clip the Cape too, but it's really the inverted trof reorganizing to our east later tonight (in a northeast/southwest fashion) then getting captured by the upper trof diving through SNE. So that intense band of snow is actually going to form up in the Bay of Fundy tonight and come crashing southbound.

Just now, OceanStWx said:

I think it will clip the Cape too, but it's really the inverted trof reorganizing to our east later tonight (in a northeast/southwest fashion) then getting captured by the upper trof diving through SNE. So that intense band of snow is actually going to form up in the Bay of Fundy tonight and come crashing southbound.

Is it because the upper trof is not situated ideally and not as far southwest?

Honestly, it will probably be effing wild for anyone out fishing. It should at least partially make it onshore, but the best of it will be mostly for the fish.

Man I would love to witness those conditions and get them on camera live.  I mean just once, I want to witness  something that extreme.

Honestly, it will probably be effing wild for anyone out fishing. It should at least partially make it onshore, but the best of it will be mostly for the fish.

Fishing boats coming back in with 12" of snow plastered to their sides and scorch marks from lightning strikes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

The boats under WSW coming back with 15” and docking to partly sunny just to pick up salt and snow blowers and head back out 

• Haha 1