• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Upstate/Eastern New York

14 minutes ago, tim123 said:

I seen that wanna see 13km with ratios. I didnt even know there was a higher resolution of that model. 

Icon usually runs at 13k..

In the current operational version, the global ICON grid has 2,949,120 triangles, corresponding to an average area of 173 km² and thus to an effective mesh size of about 13 km. 

It has a his rez version in germany..

While large mountain ranges can be represented reasonably well at a mesh size of 13 km, capturing individual mountain ranges or valleys requires even finer meshes. However, resolving such features can be important for some aspects, e.g. predicting the channeling of the low-level airflow in the Rhine Valley. Therefore, DWD operates in addition the high-resolution limited-area model COSMO-DE with a mesh size of 2.8 km.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tim123 said:

The evolution on euro just looks goofy. But big improvement on where it was last night. Interested in eps.

You just think it’s “wonky” or “goofy” because you’re not in the sweet spot lol. But you made a good point earlier (not that I’m the arbiter of good points) about Cali getting dumped on. The big ones usually start big on the west coast and wreak havoc as they cross the country. It’s rare to get a triple phase Miller A that pops up out of nowhere. 
I like that this is a tiny bit SE. Gives it room. NWS is gonna have to talk about this one!!lol

14 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Also think north Carolina is getting a 3 to 6 inch snowstorm tonight. 

I've been telling my friend down there to watch out for a surprise snow event tonight even though the NWS isn't really feeling it.  He told me that no one is talking about any chance of snow and they freak out for any amount so I expect some people might be quite shocked to wake up to some white tomorrow.  Temps are in the 50's right now though so accumulation will be difficult.  

Our NWS offices appear very unenthusiastic about any lake effect snow this week and snow possibilities early next week. This is especially true for BUF. They have an inch...maybe two for the north Finger Lakes from lake effect and a 30% chance for snow early next week.

Funny how we are finally getting in a better winter pattern and they're all scroogey...lol

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

Our NWS offices appear very unenthusiastic about any lake effect snow this week and snow possibilities early next week. This is especially true for BUF. They have an inch...maybe two for the Finger Lakes from lake effect and a 30% chance for snow early next week.

Funny how we are finally getting in a better winter pattern and they're all scroogey...lol

They are being realistic about the Lake effect potential on Friday as there is only a small window of good parameters for a select few (I'm expecting 1-2" IMBY.)

The storm next week though still has a lot potential, so we shall stay optimistic and ride that ICON into the sunset!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

They are being realistic about the Lake effect potential on Friday as there is only a small window of good parameters for a select few (I'm expecting 1-2" IMBY.)

The storm next week though still has a lot potential, so we shall stay optimistic and ride that ICON into the sunset!

Diamond Hands! :lmao:

10 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

If only I had diamond hands when I need them.  Make some pretty lousy trades over this last year :( 

I have too.  I use it as motivation to get back on the horse and not be so dUMb the next time.  Always a new opportunity out there...