• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Christmas Eve/Christmas 2020 Arctic Express Snow Obs.

John1122

Just had an very heavy streamer come through Morristown but I wasn’t there to see it. I talked to a buddy who said it probably laid down another 1/2in! Instead I was driving through some pretty heavy off and on snow showers on the way to my in laws in Bristol. In some cases it was just about whiteout conditions!

• Like 1

It’s just ripping here in Bristol VA at the in-laws right now! No joke I bet they’ve had an inch in 10 min! Super impressive 

3B52E35F-1FFF-4659-9268-50920C3467E3.jpegThe walkway you see was shoveled clear when we got here. Now it’s disappearing under the snow! Looks like they have a little more than 6in right now

• Like 6

Got back home from my in laws in Bristol. I 81 was mostly fine with just some patchy snow here and there. The side roads were covered though. When I got back I see that we picked up about 3/4in in those heavy bands that pushed through. That brings my total for this storm to 4.25in. My in laws though really racked up as they had 7in!

• Like 3

Here was our storm system this AM on satellite. Look at how sharp the back edge of the system was! I don’t ever recall such a well defined storm like that. It’s nearly perfect. Also looks like it was tilted for sure. Maybe feeling the NAO block? Anyway I thought this was cool.

B0E3F015-BDDE-48C6-8884-DD6EB855DC9A.jpeg

• Like 7

6 hours ago, John1122 said:

I was wondering how those middle Tennessee streamers were doing. There looked to be some very heavy ones north of you. 

It didnt start until night  here at my house.These were convective bands and we seem to got lucky.I went to the store earlier today and you couldnt even tell it snowed any a few blocks away.This was the same as the last storm,except we didnt get much of anything,but if you went south towards Franklin they got much more than us

• Like 2

Bottomed out right now at 6 degrees here at the house. Looks like MRX is at 8. Definitely the coldest since 2018. We didn’t break into the single digits at all last year. The power of snow cover!

Edit: I said they were at 8 bc that’s what the current observation was around the time I wrote it. I guess they went with 9 instead. 

37D7BCC3-B8A9-413D-928B-052B6C70F7C6.jpeg

• Like 3

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic