• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

The brain is a crazy organ. This is exactly what I got. I'll have to check the medications I got, she gave me 3 of them and I'm scared to take them but the symptoms are so bad at night its unbearable. 

Take them when you need to for now, but you’ll want to have something long term so work toward that with your doctor.  I’ll also suggest try a half dose...literally cut the pill...worked for me at least.  Xanax works buts it’s kind of strong.  Klonepin is one I would avoid if possible.  Message me if you want.  Been down all these roads before but all good now so it is possible to get better and you have to trust in that.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

Of course, all issues are unique and can be caused by many different primary ailments, but I too also have had many of what Delta had described and what Buffalo is going through... Back in 2013 and 2014... I never had axiety, nor depression, nor panic  attacks, before then.  I BECAME anxious when Dr's told me there is "nothing" wrong physically.  Then came all the head meds...not a great experience for me to say the least.   I was super pissed that they were so quick to start administering powerful drugs, knowing there was "something" physical.

Long story short,   After 7 or 8  months,  I found a doctor who had suspected it was a post viral syndrome... I had had a very nasty virus 2 weeks prior to all of my symptoms. Look up the term dysautonomia.   And if you look up some of the long haulers of covid-19, there are some funky things that go on after the virus has "cleared".

Just relating my experience,  And Know the frustration of not knowing! Good luck Buffalo!

This is what my problem is this entire week, everything was so physical, nothing felt mental and it was after all the mess I put into my body Sunday. Downers/Uppers/caffeine overdose. What was the solution to your problems? Time/medication? I should probably get the antibody test to see if I had covid this year just to make sure. I had it done in June, but had really weird symptoms in late September with tightness of chest and inability to breath deeply for 3-4 days. I had no cold symptoms all year though. 

Winter weather is a huge outlet for me which is probably why I have less anxiety in the winter months, I always need something to take my mind off of it..The best natural way to control anxiety is exercise and I don't think it's even close..I would take 3-4 bike rides a day through nature, can do wonders.. Another thing that actually works is Cold showers (cold therapy), I don't know the science behind it but it definitely "picks you up"..

I have no health insurance and refuse to take anti anxiety medication..I self medicate with traditional herbal remedies that have been used for thousands of years even if they aren't FDA approved.. Some trials have shown herbs like ashwahanda to be just as good as prescription medicine with hardly any of the side effects..

Chamomile is another good herb that I used to replace caffeine.. Lifestyle changes are  usually needed with anxiety sufferers..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Winter weather is a huge outlet for me which is probably why I have less anxiety in the winter months, I always need something to take my mind off of it..The best natural way to control anxiety is exercise and I don't think it's even close..I would take 3-4 bike rides a day through nature, can do wonders.. Another thing that actually works is Cold showers (cold therapy), I don't know the science behind it but it definitely "picks you up"..

I have no health insurance and refuse to take anti anxiety medication..I self medicate with traditional herbal remedies that have been used for thousands of years even if they aren't FDA approved.. Some trials have shown herbs like ashwahanda to be just as good as prescription medicine with hardly any of the side effects..

Chamomile is another good herb that I used to replace caffeine.. Lifestyle changes are  usually needed with anxiety sufferers..

My best friend is vegan and all natural everything. He takes L-Theanine for anxiety and calmness. It really helps him.

You should definitely get health insurance though, what if you get something extremely severe and need to be in hospital for days/weeks. Not saying it will happen, but not having it can bankrupt anyone pretty quick. My dad gets it through NYS for pretty cheap. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I'm interested in anything to make this go away. Having taking some edibles in Washington a few months ago I'll tell you I am staying away from anything with THC in it. My body doesn't react well at all. In fact the symptoms I get when I took that edible is similar to the ones I've been experiencing the last few days. 

Just seen this comment.. Edibles are extremely strong and long lasting..I have been a smoker for about 20 years but I will never try edibles lol Weed helps me a lot with ADHD symptoms but at times can make you more anxious..

• Like 2

As others have mentioned, I went to the doctor after my first bout of intense anxiety and they immediately tried to put me on anti depressants and benzos.  I filled the scripts but never took a pill.  I will say that knowing that I had benzos on hand in case a truly debilitating panic attack hit was reassuring.  It was actually enough to help me ride through some of the darker times just knowing that If needed, I could chemically calm myself.  

Years later, I got a super low dose of lorazepam for long distance flights.  Flying usually makes me a little uneasy and the thought of a crippling panic attack hitting during the middle of my 13 hour flight to New Zealand was somewhat terrifying.  I took 1 on the flight there and none on the way back...but I travel with them and they act as a little security blanket.  It's almost like a placebo as just knowing I have them seems to fend off the impending waves of anxiety.  

All that said, and 13 years later....one of the best solutions to anxiety has been simple deep breathing.  There is a sense of control one can get from controlling their breathing.  Definitely something you should try out.  

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

This is what my problem is this entire week, everything was so physical, nothing felt mental and it was after all the mess I put into my body Sunday. Downers/Uppers/caffeine overdose. What was the solution to your problems? Time/medication? I should probably get the antibody test to see if I had covid this year just to make sure. I had it done in June, but had really weird symptoms in late September with tightness of chest and inability to breath deeply for 3-4 days. I had no cold symptoms all year though. 

After I weaned off the Xanax (over 6mos.) the 27 y.o. Dr prescribed me, it was just time....every symptom slowly, went away...Mornings were the worse, afternoons were where I had good "windows". During the worst times, I was lucky to get 4hrs. sleep/night...often, I would just come close to sleeping, and then BAM, my brain just suddenly "zapped me" back awake..ie, constant, nonstop hypnic jerks. Also, when sitting, my pulse would be a fairly normal 60-70bpm....but upon standing, it would jump to 125-150bpm!!!  And the Dr was trying to tell me it was anxiety!  Really!!?

So I searched the web (I know, taboo) and then it all made since when I read up on Dysautonomia, which, coincidently, can arise after viral infections....often messing with the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems.  My body was definitely not constricting blood vessels upon standing properly, (which is a normal response to rising, as otherwise one would pass out due to gravitational pull on blood).   So my heart tried to compensate by beating faster to keep the blood into my brain. 

But, again,  It's slowly got better over a period of 3 to 5 months, After about 10 months of hell!

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

After I weaned off the Xanax (over 6mos.) the 27 y.o. Dr prescribed me, it was just time....every symptom slowly, went away...Mornings were the worse, afternoons were where I had good "windows". During the worst times, I was lucky to get 4hrs. sleep/night...often, I would just come close to sleeping, and then BAM, my brain just suddenly "zapped me" back awake..ie, constant, nonstop hypnic jerks. Also, when sitting, my pulse would be a fairly normal 60-70bpm....but upon standing, it would jump to 125-150bpm!!!  And the Dr was trying to tell me it was anxiety!  Really!!?

So I searched the web (I know, taboo) and then it all made since when I read up on Dysautonomia, which, coincidently, can arise after viral infections....often messing with the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems.  My body was definitely not constricting blood vessels upon standing properly, (which is a normal response to rising, as otherwise one would pass out due to gravitational pull on blood).   So my heart tried to compensate by beating faster to keep the blood into my brain. 

But, again,  It's slowly got better over a period of 3 to 5 months, After about 10 months of hell!

This is crazy. Thanks so much for this post. Did your symptoms get better over time quickly or extremely slow? Because if these last for 10 months, put me down right now. You think maybe I had covid or something the last few months and this is a side effect? 

19 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Cmc for the same time frame..By early next week we should be able to start looking at this more seriously..

507495388_8ebe98a5-4450-4401-9052-eeeca1

I think it's coming the overall long wave pattern its conducive to big time LES, but its still so far out in time and the Euro hasn't really been on the same page with the other guidance packages which makes me hesitant at this moment in time. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I think it's coming the overall long wave pattern its conducive to big time LES, but its still so far out in time and the Euro hasn't really been on the same page with the other guidance packages which makes me hesitant at this moment in time. 

Euro is in its own camp not even recognizing the SSW or the -NAO going forward. It’s been discussed on other forums. 

• Like 1

Last thing before back to weather. I do take edibles for my anxiety issues. Extremely low doses. Like 1/10th of what a stoner would consume. 
I try and seek balance. I know it’s one of those holistic terms people toss about but after 20 years of trialing all sorts of synthetics, I’ve come to realize I was working against my mind and even damaging it. The human body is the best doctor. Let it do it’s thing. 
If you take benzos, I suggest doing it for a very limited time. As Delta said, some of us just have fragile brains. We need to be extra careful.

You will be ok! Give it time. Be gentle to yourself. 

• Like 4

I'm pretty sure today's forecast high was like 29°, sitting here a little after 2 and it's still in the low 20s( 21°)..

WRT the European which I actually haven't looked at yet, I always assumed it was better with southern stream activity compared to the northern stream, I could be wrong though lol

Well my situation was complicated by the fact that my doctor put me on Paxil and xanax,knowing that I was also taking St. John's Wort...a big no-no...but he poo-poo'd it... I switched doctors in my next doctor said that I may have had Serotonin Syndrome.  

It wasn't 10 months of pure hell... After a few months I knew I was getting better In a progressive way so I never lost hope.   Today I'm 100% normal... And began feeling completely normal around 10 months after it started....

But again I don't wanna take and play doctor here.... Just giving you some potential things to look at.

• Thanks 1