• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

56 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Hate to be this guy. But 90% of the run looks like this. I’m promising myself not to bite this time. Hope it’s wrong. Binghamton proved you only need one! image.thumb.png.e7b330c520f2275ce38b4a9951d63074.png

Dave the entire 2nd half of GEFS look like this. This is also peak climo so any blue is 20s, and purple is teens/single digits for highs.

SelfreliantYellowClownanemonefish-size_r

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Meanwhile record snowfall in Madrid Spain.  12-18” in areas that normally only see a few light snowfalls a season...

I understand it’s their biggest snowfall since 1971. I also heard that they don’t have snowplows so they have to wait for the snow to melt. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Dave the entire 2nd half of GEFS look like this. This is also peak climo so any blue is 20s, and purple is teens/single digits for highs.

While I agree it will be getting more wintry, that looks like maaaaybe 2 weeks of winter and then a ridge starts to form over the SE at the very end. Much of that run, the cold air is dropping SW into the Plains and Rockies with us getting leftovers. 

56 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

E51B4D1F-4CAC-4C8C-BD27-0E3F611F26C1.thumb.jpeg.ddb65eab9247ee5f700241da0ad460d4.jpeg

I’ve managed to keep a snow cover here in Brewerton courtesy of the 13 inches of LES almost 2 weeks ago. Probably down to a couple of inches but it’s like a glacier. Hopefully we’ll be adding to it in the next week. 

Nice for you! It kills me it looks like solid winter not far away at all. If we hadn't had that stupid day of 40s and rain ONE DAY after this biggest snowfall (6 inches) it would still look like solid winter here. But that day just obliterated it.

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

While I agree it will be getting more wintry, that looks like maaaaybe 2 weeks of winter and then a ridge starts to form over the SE at the very end. Much of that run, the cold air is dropping SW into the Plains and Rockies with us getting leftovers. 

Why are you looking ahead to some potentially bad news?  Enjoy whatever we get during this cold period and whatever happens after that we’ll deal with then. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cleetussnow said:

I have a camp there.  I plan to skip the first big weekend.  Lots of first timers out with 850s who will make mistakes.  Will try midweek riding more often this year.  

I know what you are saying. But with the lack of snow it will make no difference. Week days will be wild like a weekend. Have to "ride today" as it could be gone tomorrow...

20 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

That Bills game nearly gave me a heart attack. Most stressful last few minutes of any game in awhile. The Colts should have won it, the coach threw that game as well as their FG kicker missing that 30 yarder.

I completely agree. You know  it makes me laugh, all the fans last week “play the starters we need to keep our momentum”...how'd that work today? They were very one dimensional and as you stated if colts don’t doink a chip shot field goal or kick the other chip shot field goal instead of going for it Bills lose...not to mention the fortuitous fumble bounce right to Williams hands on Josh’s best attempt at reliving last year at Houston. They play like that and they will not win next week.