• Member Statistics

    16,545
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    acibarich
    Newest Member
    acibarich
    Joined
MAG5035

Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

If only...

Nothing, I mean nothing will get me excited at this lead time. Nope...not happening. 

Then again - it's nice to have the #1 model showing it. :) 

Hence my "huggin for 6 hrs" post. 

I will say that if one parses over major nooners for next Monday's event, they are all seeing something and are rather similar at 144hrs, which raises my bar a bit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

If only...

Nothing, I mean nothing will get me excited at this lead time. Nope...not happening. 

Then again - it's nice to have the #1 model showing it. :) 

"We are due"

"The early bombs get sniffed out early"

"The Euro is King"

I'm starting the reasons over the years it will happen! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The last few hourly runs of the HRRR have been steadily boosting our little front end snow tonight in the LSV from near the river on west.

7173E5D0-A9ED-4075-8574-6ADE68814715.png

I’m waiting for my first flakes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, paweather said:

Light snow on the doorstep in the next hour. Let’s hope for a HRRR win and fill in of precip.

smart guys must not be buyin what the HRRRRRRR is sellin

StormTotalSnow.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

smart guys must not be buyin what the HRRRRRRR is sellin

StormTotalSnow.png

It would be nice if they made a forecast today and stuck with it before changing it 5 times before the event even gets underway.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

It would be nice if they made a forecast today and stuck with it before changing it 5 times before the event even gets underway.

yeah north country went from 5" 24 hours ago to 1".  W primary going west, I was never giddy bout this one.  Hope that in a week from now, its worth the wait.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, paweather said:

Hang in there. I hope we get lucky with the HRRR.

I wish I could offer you some hope but after barely a ground-whitening 0.1" it's already coming to an end.  I still have a fine mist of snow falling but nothing that will add to the total.  Oh well, here's hoping for this Sunday.  I don't understand how the HRRR can be so wrong when it's only going out less than 6 hours?  It flat-out busted!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I wish I could offer you some hope but after barely a ground-whitening 0.1" it's already coming to an end.  I still have a fine mist of snow falling but nothing that will add to the total.  Oh well, here's hoping for this Sunday.  I don't understand how the HRRR can be so wrong when it's only going out less than 6 hours?  It flat-out busted!

Yeah I know gave us hope this thing just went to nothing. I hope Sunday/Monday tracks consistency the next couple of days to give us hope but who knows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, paweather said:

Hang in there. I hope we get lucky with the HRRR.

Echos already moved south of me. Not one flake made it down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

yeah north country went from 5" 24 hours ago to 1".  W primary going west, I was never giddy bout this one.  Hope that in a week from now, its worth the wait.

 

The 12z Euro and the other 12z models today had a great look for a CTP snowstorm for Sunday into Monday!
The ensembles support the chance as well and it’s only 5 or 6 days away. Maybe this will be indeed worth the wait.

7796DFC2-B4AD-49D7-A757-11F56D605ED3.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.