• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    LostInSomers
    Newest Member
    LostInSomers

September 2020 Discussion

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Worst day of the year, pool is closed up. Don't know what people are smoking but 60 degree dews aint warm. Its ovah, on to football 

Thank God we have football again. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Nice, we can see who has more snowy days this winter. :) 

May be a matter of an inch more or an inch less depending on wind direction, but I don't think there will be a lot of difference. Even JSpin and I have remarkably consistent observations. The main difference is from ocean storms, which we tend to get more, and LES, which we don't get at all 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Folks will do what they do. I'm enjoying my Sunday lol. 

Tough to support folks that disrespect their country. To each their own of course . Windy and humid afternoon 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Tough to support folks that disrespect their country. To each their own of course . Windy and humid afternoon 

Our country has been pretty disrespectful to many groups of people but yet demand they respect it...it’s a give and take, respect gets respect... but yes, to each their own.

Clouding over, rain into BTV and a few sprinkles starting on the hill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, weathafella said:

Shorts season is coming to an end.  Long pants yesterday and today and certainly after work most days this week.  10 work days left!

Too bad we can have a gtg to celebrate your retirement.  Great timing for you, Jerry, as you being retirement heading into the cold season.

Just now, moneypitmike said:

Too bad we can have a gtg to celebrate your retirement.  Great timing for you, Jerry, as you being retirement heading into the cold season.

Thanks Mike!   Looking forward to late night euro pbp sessions...lol

• Like 1

Definitely didn't mean to create a political discussion. Fall means football to me as much as cooler wx and tropical.

My politics are my politics and everyone knows I'm one of those terrible far left libbies, but whether most owners are supporters of the president or players stand, kneel, protest, not protest doesn't factor into how I view the craft. They're the best in the world. It's a great product. And it's their right to do what they think is best for them, and for people to criticize or not criticize what they decide. 

I am on the other hand horrified that I picked Miami straight up today in pick 'em. :axe:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Definitely didn't mean to create a political discussion. Fall means football to me as much as cooler wx and tropical.

My politics are my politics and everyone knows I'm one of those terrible far left libbies, but whether most owners are supporters of the president or players stand, kneel, protest, not protest doesn't factor into how I view the craft. They're the best in the world. It's a great product. And it's their right to do what they think is best for them, and for people to criticize or not criticize what they decide. 

I am on the other hand horrified that I picked Miami straight up today in pick 'em. :axe:

Ain’t over yet. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Well said. I support the players who kneel and I support those on the other end of the spectrum that respectfully criticize that move. It’s called the 1st Amendment.  Speaking our minds without fear of retribution is what makes this country great. 

2 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Well said. I support the players who kneel and I support those on the other end of the spectrum that respectfully criticize that move. It’s called the 1st Amendment.  Speaking our minds without fear of retribution is what makes this country great. 

Without retribution went out the window...

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Without retribution went out the window...

Yeah, without retribution is definitely not how it works anymore, if it ever worked that way. It's a shame because how can we get along as people when so much of what we do or say is cancel-worthy. Social media (edit: and media) do a lot to oversimplify people and amplify tribalism. Life needs to be more face to face. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

That is just incredible.  I don’t think I’ve ever had my grass brown like that and I hardly water or anything

Its what happens to high grade over fertilized non native grass. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

As bad as this looks.. I’d prefer this over a yard full of weeds 

You burned it 

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

You burned it 

I burned nothing. This is the first time in 30 plus years of lawn care this has happened to any of my lawns. It’s called a severe drought . It’s what happens to well maintained lawns while yards where folks do nothing are infested with crab grass , clover, chickweed , dog doo etc 

• Weenie 1