Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2020 Heat Obs

Baroclinic Zone

2 hours ago, PowderBeard said:

Nice breeze yesterday and more today. Makes it quite nice out. Looking forward to the potential for some more storms this evening. We had about two hours of good thunder last night. 

I'm hoping to get in on that pounding action.  Had a little boom boom last night and got a little wet but not enough to satisfy me....or my tomato plants. What you end up with for precip?

1 hour ago, Whineminster said:

I'm hoping to get in on that pounding action.  Had a little boom boom last night and got a little wet but not enough to satisfy me....or my tomato plants. What you end up with for precip?

Only about 0.2" in a brief downpour. It all helps. Wife's tomato plants have gone wild in the heat. We have a couple well over 6' and producing non-stop red and orange cherry tomatoes. The big fruits are just starting to redden up. 

Storms are trying to form, been pretty dark here the past hour. Temperature has really leveled off at 88* since about 11am.

20 minutes ago, dryslot said:

88/74, One of the highest dews I've seen here.

90/74 at KLEW is a pretty steamy observation for an ASOS site... I think we got near that in the last period of heat though before the tropical storm. 

MVL here is at 90/70 now... quick dew jump from 66F to 70F.  Odd to see the dews increasing as we get into the middle of the afternoon.  We might join you soon at this rate for dews.

Just now, powderfreak said:

90/74 at KLEW is a pretty steamy observation for an ASOS site... I think we got near that in the last period of heat though before the tropical storm. 

MVL here is at 90/70 now... quick dew jump from 66F to 70F.  Odd to see the dews increasing as we get into the middle of the afternoon.

That is quite steamy for these parts, Were in rare air.