Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

31 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Now that he has internet access at his folks place at the lake, He's trying to bring SNE weather north like Phin did.

Now that Phin has brought sub-freezing temperatures to his back yard in August, I’d say he’s on the right track with respect to figuring out the NNE lifestyle.  But Scooter bringing SNE weather north just to retaliate against the ACATT people? – some things should really not be tolerated.

WhereDoWeDrawTheLine.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Nah no unhinged. Just good to know everyone thought it was a cool, COC summer. 

Yeah unhinged was probably hyperbolizing it a bit.

We'll have to wait until this winter when Ray's area down to my area gets smoked in a classic 128/495 storm while you are 39F and heavy rain....Bryce will learn an entire new set of swear words. You'll make crankywx look even-keeled and logical.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, J.Spin said:

Now that Phin has brought sub-freezing temperatures to his back yard in August, I’d say he’s on the right track with respect to figuring out the NNE lifestyle.  But Scooter bringing SNE weather north just to retaliate against the ACATT people? – some things should really not be tolerated.

WhereDoWeDrawTheLine.jpg

I don't know, he clearly brought the MA heat to NNE...I definitely would direct the rioters down Rt 2 in NH. I only bring it to the Lakes Region. :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

We'll have to wait until this winter when Ray's area down to my area gets smoked in a classic 128/495 storm while you are 39F and heavy rain....Bryce will learn an entire new set of swear words. You'll make crankywx look even-keeled and logical.

Maybe hope for a mild case of COVID so he doesn't smell the seaweed when the coastal front rips through?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm not refuting any of this. It won't be easy if this winter is terrible. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

MEH, Only #1 by a petty 1.2F.

Capture.JPG.b4084cfab2e2b0a01e3723f432241424.JPG

Yeah I’m not sure I get the hate on the ASOS records at airports.  I mean, that’s what we grew up comparing and still do because there’s a period of record there that makes it so we can see where things fall.  The records are what they are...just seems like folks are getting tired of hearing that every summer is a top tier summer.  But every summer also seems to end up in the top 10 these days, lol.

I do think TAN gets the award for most uncomfortable readings on the whole this summer. 

3 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

I'm moving to West Barnstable so I'm already losing about 10" off my seasonal total. My weather might be more interesting though. Southern Bristol county is pretty meh barring a landfalling hurricane. 

Yeah at least you get some really good Cape blizzards there and TCs that actually produce good winds.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I’m not sure I get the hate on the ASOS records at airports.  I mean, that’s what we grew up comparing and still do because there’s a period of record there that makes it so we can see where things fall.  The records are what they are...just seems like folks are getting tired of hearing that every summer is a top tier summer.  But every summer also seems to end up in the top 10 these days, lol.

I do think TAN gets the award for most uncomfortable readings on the whole this summer. 

An ASOS costs more than most people's house, so it's a pretty solid system when properly maintained. I guess people have a beef with the siting of meteorological instruments in places that measure the free atmosphere, and other than airports or a farm where else can you do that?

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

PF tends to like the Scooter unhinged posts. Hopefully a blend of 13-14 and 14-15 enroute this winter just for him.

Ha I think it’s hilarious.  You’ve always been one of the most level headed but it’s definitely been trying this summer... it’s too hot, it’s too cold, no rain, excessive rain is no good though, want the heat, over the heat, etc.  You’ve been uncharacteristically all over.  But it’s 2020.  Tough to find that sweet spot.

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha I think it’s hilarious.  You’ve always been one of the most level headed but it’s definitely been trying this summer... it’s too hot, it’s too cold, no rain, excessive rain is no good though, want the heat, over the heat, etc.  You’ve been uncharacteristically all over.  But it’s 2020.  Tough to find that sweet spot.

I don't know anymore..lol. It ain't easy.  At least we all agree on heavy snow. 

20 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

An ASOS costs more than most people's house, so it's a pretty solid system when properly maintained. I guess people have a beef with the siting of meteorological instruments in places that measure the free atmosphere, and other than airports or a farm where else can you do that?

Yeah in general ASOS is great. But the siting has been suspect in a few spots the last few years.