Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

29 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yup... hopefully fill those wells in northern CT.

Looks like we may escape the day without any rain here. If we aren’t going to get decent rains, I’d punt on the nuisance stuff.

Yup, Cape is looking gray but mostly dry.  We have had approximately one hour of rain in Falmouth this week.  Meanwhile, I bet my rain gauge will be at least half full when I return to Greenfield tonight. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I saw a man with grayish hair in my yard holding a drought monitor image. Devilish laugh too. 

These piddly .3 every 2 weeks aint cutting it. Have faith the tide has turned though and synoptic rains are on their way although Sept is typically my driest month.

28 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s almost unusable this summer. Even it’s charts 

Temps have been fine. I mean you were calling for 90s yesterday and today last week but the charts said no way. Today's charts ,GFS,  Euro, EPS GEFs say couple days end of next week warm but its ovah for the Furnace humpers, better call a repair man cuz its sputtering black smoke. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Temps have been fine. I mean you were calling for 90s yesterday and today last week but the charts said no way. Today's charts ,GFS,  Euro, EPS GEFs say couple days end of next week warm but its ovah for the Furnace jumpers, better call a repair man cuz its sputtering black smoke. 

GFS beat the euro to the cold shot last week too. 

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

How is the rainfall forecast that bad for today? I mean, we probably will end up with nothing.

It’s always hard to pinpoint rains when they haven’t developed yet and models are trying to pinpoint where that occurs. Every model I saw yesterday had varying solutions.