Total Members
    Most Online
    jameslime
    Newest Member
    jameslime

Summer 2020 Banter and random observations

27 minutes ago, Dan76 said:

Closed some beach's here today for sharks

Probably going to see more of this and also a lot of lakes up here are battling algae blooms because of higher then normal lake temps.

14 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Probably going to see more of this and also a lot of lakes up here are battling algae blooms because of higher then normal lake temps.

Yup. There is a state forest near me where we used to take our students for a field trip in past years. It has a swimming area that is closed now due to a toxic bloom. Fun times

7 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yup. There is a state forest near me where we used to take our students for a field trip in past years. It has a swimming area that is closed now due to a toxic bloom. Fun times

Been a battle balancing the pool too in these higher temps, Thank god for pool shock, This is a pic from one of the guys on Maine lakes fishing that i am a member on, I mean, That's nasty sh it right there.

IMG_4393.PNG

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:
9 hours ago, MacChump said:
Far away from sharks. It’s pretty nice up here. 

793CD15C-9CCE-4B81-A5BF-4B6E0B3272DD.thumb.jpeg.5692333dca75de20c0ba58b6c08b5f90.jpeg

Where is that? Looks just like a place we've stayed at last summer up in Evans Notch

Burke Mountain, VT looking up towards Willoughby Gap (in the far upper right of the photo)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

That's less than 20 miles from Pit 2.

I want you to know that.

image.png.3ce14b4e97849329d92dcd576ed58ec4.png

I doubt that a shark would make it past The Chops, but Pit 2 is downriver from there so you better not dangle your toes in the water.

Agreed...Especially if any of the other teams, that played the Marlins test positive at all.  

39 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

This thing is so contagious.  Not a big deal if you are under 40 but scary as heck for older folks.  VT  has mandatory mask now so NH is only holdout in the NE.  Live free or die has new meaning

Most stores are requiring masks now at least. Only a little over 400 cases in the state now and not many north of MHT. Hopefully bike week doesn’t mess things up. It should’ve been canceled. 

12 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Leominster? Dunn Park?

15 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Most stores are requiring masks now at least. Only a little over 400 cases in the state now and not many north of MHT. Hopefully bike week doesn’t mess things up. It should’ve been canceled. 

Was in Littleton Saturday at Home Depot and Lowes.  Just about everyone was masked as both stores had signs saying it was required.  Still some holdouts though.  Vermont's mandate starts August 1st.

58 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

This thing is so contagious.  Not a big deal if you are under 40 but scary as heck for older folks.  VT  has mandatory mask now so NH is only holdout in the NE.  Live free or die has new meaning

I was up your way 2 weeks ago....few people were wearings masks in Walmart or O'Reilly even though it says mandatory masks....I'm like ummmmm....what?  Some local gave my buddy a hard time for wearing one at the gas station.  

1 minute ago, Whineminster said:

I was up your way 2 weeks ago....few people were wearings masks in Walmart or O'Reilly even though it says mandatory masks....I'm like ummmmm....what?  Some local gave my buddy a hard time for wearing one at the gas station.  

Got a hard time for wearing one? Must be a NH thing.

8 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Yeah, I haven't seen that around here either.

10 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Must be a single person thing. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MacChump said:

Burke Mountain, VT looking up towards Willoughby Gap (in the far upper right of the photo)

Take a day trip over to Willoughby.  It's my favorite lake.  Absolutely stunning.  Good hiking on the mountains on either side of the lake, Mt. Pisgah and Mt. Hor

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

When I’m out 98% of the people are wearing them. The store mandates didn’t begin until 7/20. 

Pretty much the same here, The box stores all require them, Hannaford has someone at the door with a box of mask so if you don't have one they ask if you want one.

I am seeing it less down here, maybe 25% of the people are not wearing masks.  That will change with some of the individual stores mandating them, but still, a healthy amount not wearing them or wearing it below their nose, including take out places.  Some places no one (staff) is wearing them at all.

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Must be a single person thing. 

Yup.  Lots of one-off's still out there.  I think the vast majority of people are on the same page but there are still a few in every state in every region, etc.