• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    LostInSomers
    Newest Member
    LostInSomers

Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

34 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Wow, Cumberland MD to Youngstown Ohio is looking at flooding right now.  Just one solid area of 1/2 to 1" an hour rains. 

Starting to lose some of the brighter stuff. In the thick of it here now and it's a nice moderate rain. 

1 minute ago, MAG5035 said:

Starting to lose some of the brighter stuff. In the thick of it here now and it's a nice moderate rain. 

I saw a spotter report of 1.5" in an hour near Latrobe.  That is some pretty heavy rain. 

16 hours ago, Wmsptwx said:

Lol got a trace, better than usual.

0.03"  in the last 24 hours. Currently looks like some rain is on the way.

18 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Eric Horst just announced his retirement as director Meteorology at MU. He's going to do some weather consulting and expand on his rock climbing business. Our area will miss his local expertise, and no one in here will have to listen to me any longer about him. :( 

Wait - he did say that he'll continue to talk weather on Twitter. :) 

He is one of the best with LSV weather. I would always learn something whenever he did local forecasts on WGAL. Hopefully he will continue to talk weather on twitter.

21 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm feeling overly optimistic that @Bubbler86 @Cashtown_Coop @CarlislePaWx @sauss06 @Anduril @canderson @paweather @paweather5 and all of the Lanco peeps are going to get some decent rain in the next 36 hours. I'll define "decent" as > .25". I know a lot of you measure rainfall as I do so we'll see how this goes. :) 

@Blizzard of 93 - you're going to jackpot with 2" - just think of what that might translate to in 4 months...

2" of cold rain. :P

Marysville is well on its way to the 2” jackpot! We had a heavy thunderstorm yesterday afternoon. Then we had a good heavy shower in the early morning. It looks like more is in the way later on.

According to my calculations, we would already have a foot of snow on the ground. However, I would be worried about mixing or changing to rain to cost me my second foot of snow!

On 8/25/2020 at 6:16 PM, Voyager said:

Well, since this proved to be (so far) the most boring Severe Thunderstorm Watch I've seen in a long time, I figured I'd share the latest addition to my wardrobe... 

FB_IMG_1598393496467.jpg

I hope that you get well soon!

59 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Marysville is well on its way to the 2” jackpot! We had a heavy thunderstorm yesterday afternoon. Then we had a good heavy shower in the early morning. It looks like more is in the way later on.

According to my calculations, we would already have a foot of snow on the ground. However, I would be worried about mixing or changing to rain to cost me my second foot of snow!

You're doing quite well. If this was snow I'd have just over 2" and most of that would have melted.  :(

Doppler estimates are about an inch or so around here the last 24 hours, which seems reasonable I suppose (not including the line of storms Thursday). We've had several rounds of showers and downpours the last two days. We'll need a good bit more to improve the longer term deficit over the last couple months but this is def some significant short term relief. Its got most of the lawn heading back green. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MAG5035 said:

Doppler estimates are about an inch or so around here the last 24 hours, which seems reasonable I suppose (not including the line of storms Thursday). We've had several rounds of showers and downpours the last two days. We'll need a good bit more to improve the longer term deficit over the last couple months but this is def some significant short term relief. Its got most of the lawn heading back green. 

I hope we make up that deficit in late November & December in the form of precip that we can shovel & plow!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Another heavy thundershower is moving through Marysville now.

It looks like @sauss06, @CarlislePaWx @canderson should get some rain out of this round as well.

This might just push my yard over the 2” mark over the last 2 days.

Lol...as you can see on radar that line had a break in it which passed over me missing me just to the east.  I could see the really dark clouds just to my east moving south and away from me.

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I got 17 drops from that nice cell. Quarter inch plus fail for me this weekend. 

You probably should have excluded me from your predict.  Ha.  We ended up with .15".  I thing Cashtown got more today so he may be over 1/2". 

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You probably should have excluded me from your predict.  Ha.  We ended up with .15".  I thing Cashtown got more today so he may be over 1/2". 

Yeah got hit today.  Around .75” 2 day total 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Worst part is I thought you were the MOST likely to eclipse .25" :(  

I am cursed this summer (or maybe every summer). I have only had about 5" for the entire 3 month period of summer if you can believe that. So many farmers here so am going to assume its just a bad summer.  

Just now, canderson said:

ANNOUNCEMENT 

ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS 

THE FORECAST HIGH MONDAY IS 74.

SEVENTY-FOUR. 

Let’s go streaking to celebrate!

Low tonight around 60 so windows open. 

Just now, Superstorm said:

Over 7” of rain this month with that passing shower.

It all equals out.

Could you tilt your county this way so I get some pity run off?