• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I got to 98.2 but have backed off to 97.6 right now. It's breezy here as well. I've had almost wall to wall sunshine and still do but it doesn't look like I'll make the century mark barring a last minute surge. I even sent my wife outside to start talking to the neighbor women but still not enough hot air. 

1 minute ago, Superstorm said:

Lol

CTP dropped the ball on that one not taking wife chat into account with their decisions to go with a heat advisory or not.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Looks like southern parts of York county (Hanover area) at least unofficially cracked the century mark.  

Wunderground map confirms the area around Spring Grove and Hanover has several triple digit readings.  Ever want to smell something bad?  Go to Spring Grove when it is downwind from the Paper factory.  Believe it or not just 91 here.

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Wunderground map confirms the area around Spring Grove and Hanover has several triple digit readings.  Ever want to smell something bad?  Go to Spring Grove when it is downwind from the Paper factory.  Believe it or not just 91 here.

When the wind direction and speed is just right I can smell that from here in Historic Maytown. That's probably a couple of days/year kind of phenomena. 

My overnight low was 78.4 degrees.  One of the warmest overnight mins I've ever witnessed.  @canderson, you are very correct about mins 80 or above being rare.  I don't even think it is expected to happen once in a season, so last night was a pretty big deal actually.

What a difference today with lower dew points.  I dropped to 62 at one point for a bit an hour ago.  It's back up to between 64 and 66 now with air temp 95.5.  High yesterday was 97.5 late afternoon.  Seems likely I'll reach that level again with almost clear skies and full sunshine out there now.

2 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

My overnight low was 78.4 degrees.  One of the warmest overnight mins I've ever witnessed.  @canderson, you are very correct about mins 80 or above being rare.  I don't even think it is expected to happen once in a season, so last night was a pretty big deal actually.

What a difference today with lower dew points.  I dropped to 62 at one point for a bit an hour ago.  It's back up to between 64 and 66 now with air temp 95.5.  High yesterday was 97.5 late afternoon.  Seems likely I'll reach that level again with almost clear skies and full sunshine out there now.

Dews have really come down this afternoon. My current split is 98/61. 

I can recall a few nights where temps stayed at or above 80 but over 55 years it's happened rarely. (I believe in each case my low was no higher than 81) 

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Dews have really come down this afternoon. My current split is 98/61. 

I can recall a few nights where temps stayed at or above 80 but over 55 years it's happened rarely. (I believe in each case my low was no higher than 81) 

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Lower dews combined with the breeze and it's almost bearable. Not quite...but close. 

I am thankful for the lower dew points and the occasional breeze today.

The next time that we don’t get above 85 will feel like a cool snap!

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I guess it's the "smell of money", but that's so God awful bad, that there's no way I could ever live there.

21 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Looks like the 12Z HRRR is York and Lanco bound

image.png.714d12a0056a1e3d14350c4051667a8f.png

Thursday is showing up on most short range guidance for many in our group.  North crew may be notsomuch, but they have a whack tomorrow.  At least its not the bone dry that being suggested.  I'll take that as a win. 

I hate humidity....buy yards need copious amounts of it.  

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

91 now, it’s like a 4x400 relay race!

Also stuff is dead all over now. Very little green grass. 

Welcome to the club.  Much of my grass is not hibernating...it has burnt up and is now dead.  Two kinds of brown.  Hibernate brown and dead brown.  Oh well, could be worse.  Just grass.