• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

13 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Well i'm hangin my hopes on the GFS ens guidance for .5-1" of precip this week.  I'm using my new winter skills of not going beyond 7 days....but if one peeks, yeah there is a pig ridge in the central basin later this week, but heights seem to lower as we get into early next week.  Not saying big relief, but maybe a respite if the GFS camp has any merit.  

maybe its just me weeniecasting/cherrypickin what i want from the models as well....dunno?

Unfortunately from what I have seen the GFS (Fv3) has really not done well during the last 3 months.  Both being low on temps and way too high on qpf chances on average.  I wish it had been more right.  It is indeed MUCH wetter for all the southern tief of PA this week especially near the Mason-Dixon.  

48 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Unfortunately from what I have seen the GFS (Fv3) has really not done well during the last 3 months.  Both being low on temps and way too high on qpf chances on average.  I wish it had been more right.  It is indeed MUCH wetter for all the southern tief of PA this week especially near the Mason-Dixon.  

Yeah in truth I've not followed, and just casually peek to see how ugly things look.  Guess I could look at verification scores.  Both ens members seemed similar in 500 evolution, so i pushed a few chips in....  I have noticed the GFS op seemingly being to cold vs verifcation but again just glancing, not studying.

GFS has been consistent w/ Wed and beyond chances for precip from late last week, so i guess that got my interest.

Just now, pasnownut said:

Yeah in truth I've not followed, and just casually peek to see how ugly things look.  Guess I could look at verification scores.  Both ens members seemed similar in 500 evolution, so i pushed a few chips in....  I have noticed the GFS op seemingly being to cold vs verification but again just glancing, not studying.

And I was just concentrating on the OP and forecasts 7 days or less vs. ens.

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

12Z Op actually spins up a wave going right under us and makes tomorrow a soaking rain (1/4"to 1/2" LSV wide and that is after some Mason-Dixon love today.

thats what i've been "concentrating" on.  Seems like enough instability during mid/late week, that we could gin up some precip opps.  Of course the ridging could act like like a shredding machine as we close in, but I'd not discount pop up events.  Thats all. 

Well the Dog Days of Summer are indeed in place right now. Yesterday was downright brutal. Gorgeous sunny day but couldn't enjoy it unless you had a pool same as today. I did look at the 12z GFS as Bubbler pointed out could be some moisture overnight tomorrow night. But the excessive heat doesn't appear to end anytime soon at least I think.  

4 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

thats what i've been "concentrating" on.  Seems like enough instability during mid/late week, that we could gin up some precip opps.  Of course the ridging could act like like a shredding machine as we close in, but I'd not discount pop up events.  Thats all. 

Would very much like to see the Euro show something this afternoon.  GFS is literally on an island with all this rain though the Nam does have some moisture the next few days). 

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Interesting, very little in the way of any cloudiness here. A few wisps of high clouds and a distant Cumulus field is just now starting to build to my west. 

we had cloud deck till 9am, then it started to clear.  Sunny n cookin now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Bring the triple digits home.  Its so windy here it does not feel that hot out if you stay out of the sun. 

I got to 98.2 but have backed off to 97.6 right now. It's breezy here as well. I've had almost wall to wall sunshine and still do but it doesn't look like I'll make the century mark barring a last minute surge. I even sent my wife outside to start talking to the neighbor women but still not enough hot air. 

• Haha 1

I got to 98.2 but have backed off to 97.6 right now. It's breezy here as well. I've had almost wall to wall sunshine and still do but it doesn't look like I'll make the century mark barring a last minute surge. I even sent my wife outside to start talking to the neighbor women but still not enough hot air. 

Lol