• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Welcome to the club.  Much of my grass is not hibernating...it has burnt up and is now dead.  Two kinds of brown.  Hibernate brown and dead brown.  Oh well, could be worse.  Just grass.

Grass is done here for sure. We need a drenching of inches for it to come back now. Not as bad today heat wise than yesterday but not that good either. :-) 

17 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Warning put up for you.   South line and west line seem to be converging.  

Yep, if I get it (and you hopefully) it will be a bad moment for the recently hot HRRR but give me the water over model verification.

Edit-Looks like Chambersburg is getting the Perfect storm scenario vs. over here. 

I’d say we got a good 45 min Rainer here. Had to be .5-1”. Glad for all that also got into it. Hoping for more chances in next couple days. Thurs looks decent for it. 
edit. Klns reporting .13 at 9pm but I KNOW we did much better than that. Will look for more reports. Here is HRRR

C3405EF9-7D13-4DBB-A82C-5712A98F341F.png

0DBE36D6-6304-4F47-AC36-722BD7B64379.png

9 hours ago, pasnownut said:

I’d say we got a good 45 min Rainer here. Had to be .5-1”. Glad for all that also got into it. Hoping for more chances in next couple days. Thurs looks decent for it. 
edit. Klns reporting .13 at 9pm but I KNOW we did much better than that. Will look for more reports. Here is HRRR

0DBE36D6-6304-4F47-AC36-722BD7B64379.png

HRRR was not perfect but did fairly well looking at this post mortem qpf map.  For a bit it looked like it would be undone out here but then poof...most of the rain gone.   Did see some reports of 4-5 inches south of Johnstown.