• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Friday, May 15, 2020 Severe Weather Potential

weatherwiz

I'm noticing morning scud shreds are moving swiftly ESE here along Rt 2 in northern Mass as of 10: -10:30 AM.  

That's not conducive to getting a warm front thru this region, considering that observation would argue the flow just off the deck is actually paralleling the orientation of the front - which as of last analysis by WPC, aligns roughly along Rt 2 ... Yet, WPC has evaluated the warm front pretty far N. 

I'll tell you, it 'feels' summer-like here.  Home stations sistered to the Wunder source/netword are all in the 62 to 64 dp, which my experience with those is a standard backyard 2 or 3 F wet bias and that means the DP is probably 60 ... 61.. But, we have not coupled up 70+ with 60 DP so for this year, and what an accomplishment by the way...considering we were collectively astounded at the 55F DP depressions in the region yesterday when it was 73/12! ...anywho... 

What's also interesting is that the surface isobaric pressure layout by the same WPC source does have a sag over eastern NY/CT ...which are both in the warm sector. So, what the means is there probably is a weak llv gradient that is NW-SE under this warm boundary.  That's interesting that a warm front at the surface managed to propagate through that resistance.. huh.    

If there were any virtuosity in an ideal world, and said world could be our reality ...  Brian or whomever agency really owns this gig would tag all posters making drive-by potshot debbie-downer assertions about this failing, and then when/if there is a signal thunderstorm at all in the area, those people are banned for the 12 hours it take to elapse through the event.  Then, when it is over, they are allowed to begin posting again. 

Buuut, this site has aspirations around wealth and we all know what happens when money and morality attempt to share the bed - the bed ends up on fire. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

If there were any virtuosity in an ideal world, and said world could be our reality ...  Brian or whomever agency really owns this gig would tag all posters making drive-by potshot debbie-downer assertions about this failing, and then when/if there is a signal thunderstorm at all in the area, those people are banned for the 12 hours it take to elapse through the event.  Then, when it is over, they are allowed to begin posting again. 

Buuut, this site has aspirations around wealth and we all know what happens when money and morality attempt to share the bed - the bed ends up on fire. 

There's no money being made here...lol. We have just enough advertising money to support the hardware/software.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, dendrite said:

There's no money being made here...lol. We have just enough advertising money to support the hardware/software.

oh I'm joking ... It's too bad you're not - 

You could market it as a free-for-all with low moderation standards for fun and verbalization and recess ... then, have a link/portal into a sistered site that DOES have that serious tact. My guess is the shimmering virtuosity of the 97th percentile would spend ALL their time there too - LOL

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

This was valid 8am.

image.png

Am aware of the time but I still don't buy it... 

The regional pressure pattern resists that position, A ... B, the dps are much higher in the 60+ range along and S of their depiction ... which aligns theoretically better. 

It may be 'diffused' ...and probably is destined to make it that far - maybe... But that slinking look ... where is that coming from? and how is it analysed ? interesting -

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

HRRR tears big renegade storms across CT later this afternoon. That’s our hope. Tonight’s will just be a light show

That NW corner is going to get rocked. Would love to be on top of Bear Mt to watch it come in, then run like hell down. 

• Like 1

In North Adams, and it is quite warm. We had some brief sun, but mostly clouds. 62 here with a dewpoint of 55. It should get quite interesting around here. I used to live in the Midwest, and I think today may be one of the most interesting weather days since moving to the area in 2012. 

ETA: The sun has poked back out again, and is in swing. I fully expect it to get warmer. Most folks around here don't pay as much attention to summer weather as they do the hell of winter. But today should be interesting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiWxWatcher said:

In North Adams, and it is quite warm. We had some brief sun, but mostly clouds. 62 here with a dewpoint of 55. It should get quite interesting around here. I used to live in the Midwest, and I think today may be one of the most interesting weather days since moving to the area in 2012. 

You should camp out in the lighthouse tonight.

• Like 2