• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Wow, Trump is going to lose Georgia by thousands of votes...In the end Biden will likely have well over 300 electoral votes and 5 million+ in popular vote. Democracy wins out.

This is actually critical. If Biden only gets 270 there is a huge chance a few faithless electors won’t vote for him and then Trump takes it. We need a serious buffer. 

Can you imagine the riots?!  Would completely dwarf the BLM movement. Scary times to be honest. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

116k new covid cases today in USA...Can you imagine what it is going to be around the new year? 200-300k+. We will be well on our way to herd immunity with 500k+ deaths.

They often say there are 5-10 times more cases than are actually reported. So are we already at 1 million cases a day?  I actually think 500k cases a day is right around the corner too. The US chose herd immunity, a bold and dangerous strategy. Our hospitals are about to get destroyed.  This is finally the actual pandemic. And somehow we are not much better prepared than 6 months ago.  

The three broadcast networks cut away from President Trump's news conference on Thursday evening after he claimed that "fraud" had taken place in the presidential election. 

NBC Nightly News" anchor Lester Holt cut into the news conference after roughly five minutes.

"We have to interrupt here because the president made a number of false statements including the notion that there's been fraudulent voting," Holt told viewers. "There has been no evidence of that allegation by his campaign."

Moments later, CBS anchor Norah O'Donnell similarly cut into the president's remarks to provide a fact-check. ABC followed suit as well. 

MSNBC was the first network to cut away from the news conference from the White House after roughly two minutes.

For the sake of the nation and providing faith in the process, I think it would be better for Trump to come back and win in Arizona.  Would delegitimize the argument about all the states switching late to Biden.

But die hards will always believe what they want.

• Like 1

"The information in that video is entirely false," said Tracy Wimmer, a spokesperson for the Michigan Department of State, in an email. "Michigan does not have a postmark deadline for ballots. It has a hard deadline — they must all be received by 8 p.m. on Election Day to count." 

"Changing postmarks on ballots yesterday would not have mattered," Wimmer said. "Any ballots in the post office yesterday means they were not already in the hands of a clerk Tuesday night and therefore would be rejected.

• Like 1

If Joe Biden continues at this pace he would get roughly 7k out of the remaining 11k, which would give him somewhere around a 2k vote lead..I'm using "trend" which is 66% but it could be higher..

They still have an estimated 3500 "provisional ballots" to process.. I'm pretty sure most of that is in Clark county..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeltaT13 said:

They often say there are 5-10 times more cases than are actually reported. So are we already at 1 million cases a day?  I actually think 500k cases a day is right around the corner too. The US chose herd immunity, a bold and dangerous strategy. Our hospitals are about to get destroyed.  This is finally the actual pandemic. And somehow we are not much better prepared than 6 months ago.  

Yeah, I don't want the hospitals to get overrun and we're likely heading their quickly. Seeing it in El Paso right now already. I don't think its 5-10 times the number, if that were the case with 10 million confirmed cases and isolated reinfections we would be at 50-100 million people in the USA that have contracted Covid, which would be nearly herd immunity 30-70% of the population. I think it's more likely 3-4 times more cases then reported which would be 30-40 million cases so far.

• Like 1

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

8,046 New Penn votes.

Trump 20.6% / 79.4% Biden

Trump lead is down to 36,572

305,803  votes remaining.

An official in Penn’s election board told MSNBC’s Chris Jansing that based on the number of ballots they’re counting per hour and the percentage that Biden’s winning he should take the lead between 4 and 5 in the morning. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

An official in Penn’s election board told MSNBC’s Chris Jansing that based on the number of ballots they’re counting per hour and the percentage that Biden’s winning he should take the lead between 4 and 5 in the morning. 

Yeah, it isn't even going to be close. Biden will win by 100k+ in Penn.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

It's going to be earlier than that.

Just had 13,909 votes entered

291,894 remaining

Its down to 26,319.

Trump 13.1% / 86.9% Biden

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

So pathetic lol

A person claimed in a viral video that postal workers in Traverse City, Mich., were told on Nov. 4 to backdate mail-in ballots to Nov. 3 so they could be counted in the election.

That video was garbage.  Makes us look like nut jobs.  I’m not really seeing any proof of outright “organized fraud” at this point.  Few lone individuals picking people’s mail for social media fame but can’t picture those would make a difference at all.  What concerns me is the videos from inside the election offices where the mail in ballots were counted.  In numerous cities police were called and removed all Republicans from the counting rooms.  The poll watchers then tried to use binoculars and cell phone video to observe the counts and the windows were covered up.  I’m sorry but to me that’s crazy that no Republicans can be present in the counting rooms.  For most the biggest point of questioning is Biden’s sudden late spikes in all these states, which we are told is a result of heavier mail in balloting.  If everything is legit why won’t they make the process for counting these transparent for us the voters to see.  Need to debunk the claims for all to see.  Censoring and blocking the claims will just make the theories grow bigger.  

16 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

That video was garbage.  Makes us look like nut jobs.  I’m not really seeing any proof of outright “organized fraud” at this point.  Few lone individuals picking people’s mail for social media fame but can’t picture those would make a difference at all.  What concerns me is the videos from inside the election offices where the mail in ballots were counted.  In numerous cities police were called and removed all Republicans from the counting rooms.  The poll watchers then tried to use binoculars and cell phone video to observe the counts and the windows were covered up.  I’m sorry but to me that’s crazy that no Republicans can be present in the counting rooms.  For most the biggest point of questioning is Biden’s sudden late spikes in all these states, which we are told is a result of heavier mail in balloting.  If everything is legit why won’t they make the process for counting these transparent for us the voters to see.  Need to debunk the claims for all to see.  Censoring and blocking the claims will just make the theories grow bigger.  

That's not true. In Philly they held a press conference where there are 4 voter reviewers in every voting room. 1 dem, 1 rep, 2 independents. 99% of the time all 4 agree on accuracy of the vote and when they don't they go to supervisor who makes the call. Everyone called the red mirage months ago as most republicans have no fear of covid and trump told all his voters to vote in person. We knew dems votes would come later on.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Think Cuomo starts new lockdowns?

Was just thinking maybe some states were waiting for the election to be over before bumming everyone out yet again this year with another lockdown.  I’m feeling Cuomo is going to give us a last warning over the weekend and then by middle to end of next week we go back to everything closed through at least January.  Markets will already be spiraling with the election results, this will tank them.

We knew the second wave would come in the fall, at this point it’s finding out what our acceptable level of a curve would be.  We can’t stay flat lined forever, but we better be ready to start pumping the breaks in time. 

3 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Was just thinking maybe some states were waiting for the election to be over before bumming everyone out yet again this year with another lockdown.  I’m feeling Cuomo is going to give us a last warning over the weekend and then by middle to end of next week we go back to everything closed through at least January.  Markets will already be spiraling with the election results, this will tank them.

We knew the second wave would come in the fall, at this point it’s finding out what our acceptable level of a curve would be.  We can’t stay flat lined forever, but we better be ready to start pumping the breaks in time. 

We shouldn't be locking down unless our hospitals are overrun. Our economy cannot last through another quarantine. Also, if Trump loses there is no way UI or Stim gets passed until Biden is in office, just isn't happening.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

We shouldn't be locking down unless our hospitals are overrun. Our economy cannot last through another quarantine. Also, if Trump loses there is no way UI or Stim gets passed until Biden is in office, just isn't happening.

I don’t favor a lockdown... but I can see Cuomo doing it.

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic