• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

25 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

I don’t favor a lockdown... but I can see Cuomo doing it.

Even after your dear president got Covid, for being stupid, you still can’t wrap your head around an adult approach towards controlling a deadly plague? Not going to restaurants for a few weeks is a small thing to help save lives. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CNY_WX said:

An official in Penn’s election board told MSNBC’s Chris Jansing that based on the number of ballots they’re counting per hour and the percentage that Biden’s winning he should take the lead between 4 and 5 in the morning. 

Trump still leading in PA by 18k as of now. Still think Biden has enough though especially with Allegheny County (Pittsburgh). We should finally know a winner by tonight. 

36 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Still around 50k outstanding ballots in Philadelphia, possibly around 15K-20k "provisional ballots".."Several" hundred ballots came in after election day which will be put to the side for now, not that Biden will even need them lol

Don’t forget Allegheny County too (Pittsburgh) I think they said around 24,000 -  30,000 left there as well. 

• Like 1

Trumps entire family and Kayleigh are posting nonstop conspiracy videos/allegations all over their twitters. Sorry Trump, this election wasn't even close. Once all the dem states join Colorado in what they just did, it's game over for the Republicans. The difference in this election if each individual vote matters will be 5 million+. The electoral college is archaic and needs to go. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Trumps entire family and Kayleigh are posting nonstop conspiracy videos/allegations all over their twitters. Sorry Trump, this election wasn't even close. Once all the dem states join Colorado in what they just did, it's game over for the Republicans. The difference in this election if each individual vote matters will be 5 million+. The electoral college is archaic and needs to go. 

I wouldn't be so quick on that idea. That's a scoring effect. If the rules change the strategy changes.

28 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

I wouldn't be so quick on that idea. That's a scoring effect. If the rules change the strategy changes.

I agree with this but if each individual count "really" matters than the popular vote is the way to go. People say states like Montana won't have a say, but that goes both ways. Cali and NY are already blue, so technically my vote didn't matter either. Just like if you vote dem in Montana it doesn't matter. 

• Like 1

A little more than half of NYC registered voters actually vote..That number could pick up if we have a popular vote..

As of November 1, the New York State Board of Elections reported there were 5.57 million registered voters in New York City, among 13.56 million across the state. It appears there will be more than 2.8 million votes cast in the city this general election, but the final tally will be heavily dependent upon how many absentee votes are cast and counted. Roughly 6,495,194 were cast in the presidential race across the state as of election night, according to the State Board of Elections.

In the 2016 presidential election, 2.76 million voters cast ballots in New York City -- roughly 56% of registered voters at the time -- out of a total 7.8 million votes cast statewide, a 62% turnout rate.

In the 2012 presidential election 2.47 million votes were cast in New York City, for a 53% turnout rate, out of 7.13 million votes across the state, good for 59% turnout. In 2008, when Barack Obama was first elected president, there were 2.6 million votes cast in New York City, a 57% turnout, out of 7.7 million votes cast across the state, or 64% turnout.

6 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I agree with this but if each individual count "really" matters than the popular vote is the way to go. People say states like Montana won't have a say, but that goes both ways. Cali and NY are already blue, so technically my vote didn't matter either. Just like if you vote dem in Montana it doesn't matter. 

Completely agree, it should be based off the popular vote. I just meant that the Republican Party would campaign differently if the electoral college is done away with. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

This argument is always a little interesting.  Your vote counts, if every single democrat felt that way and didnt vote, we wouldnt be a blue state.  Someone has to be voting, obviously.  It not like NY is blue regardless of who shows up at the polls.  NY just happens to have an enormous amount of democrats because of NYC

But I completely understand your premise and agree it should be a straight popular vote!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

Real quick on coronavirus...while its bad here holy shit France...65k new cases yesterday with 1/6 our population. It will be interesting to see how well their hospitals hold up now that treatment has improved.

That would be close to 400k new cases a day in the US, that is insane. 

18 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

That would be close to 400k new cases a day in the US, that is insane. 

Don't worry, Biden said when he will do 2-3 months national lockdown when he gets in white house in Jan. Look at Australia, they had 11 weeks of lockdown and right now they have ZERO case of Covid-19 for 8th straight day right now. 

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic