• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

40 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

If Biden locks down the country I could see this happening. I’m surprised a business owner who has lost their business in NY or NJ due to the lockdowns hasn’t tried something against a governor. 
Yesterday when I was at the airport the national guard was stopping everyone to check for Cuomos form and someone made the comment that this must be what being a Jew in Germany in 1938 felt like. 

You cannot compare the two...I did the same thing at the airport last week. One is certain death/torture, and the other is filling out a form for contact tracing during a once in a century pandemic. C'mon man.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

President-elect Joe Biden is planning to quickly sign a series of executive orders after being sworn into office on Jan. 20, immediately forecasting that the country’s politics have shifted and that his presidency will be guided by radically different priorities.

He will rejoin the Paris climate accords, according to those close to his campaign and commitments he has made in recent months, and he will reverse President Trump’s withdrawal from the World Health Organization. He will repeal the ban on immigration from many Muslim-majority countries, and he will reinstate the program allowing “dreamers,” who were brought to the United States illegally as children, to remain in the country, according to people familiar with his plans.

Although transitions of power can always include abrupt changes, the shift from Trump to Biden — from one president who sought to undermine established norms and institutions to another who has vowed to restore the established order — will be among the most startling in American history.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

You cannot compare the two...I did the same thing at the airport last week. One is certain death/torture, and the other is filling out a form for contact tracing during a once in a century pandemic. C'mon man.

Not my words. But it wasn’t that at the beginning. At the beginning it was subtle. 
I’ll say that if a lawsuit happens due to forced tests by Cuomo I’ll be opting in. 
keep in mind that it’s now different than what you did, testing is now mandatory for essential employees. 

2 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

Not my words. But it wasn’t that at the beginning. At the beginning it was subtle. 
I’ll say that if a lawsuit happens due to forced tests by Cuomo I’ll be opting in. 
keep in mind that it’s now different than what you did, testing is now mandatory for essential employees. 

I thought essential employees were exempt, as I am one too?

Travelers from states that are contiguous with New York are exempt from the travel advisory; however covered travelers must continue to fill out the Traveler Health Form. Essential workers will continue to be exempt as well.

https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I thought essential employees were exempt, as I am one too?

Travelers from states that are contiguous with New York are exempt from the travel advisory; however covered travelers must continue to fill out the Traveler Health Form. Essential workers will continue to be exempt as well.

https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory

It was in the form I filled out online. clearly stated that I didn’t have to quarantine but that I’m required to get a test on day 4. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Are there rapid tests available? What is turn around time for the test? They made my mom go into Roswell on Weds for a covid test because she had a slight fever.

That’s been an issue lately.  Regular tests are running 3-4 business days to turn around.  Rapid test are 24 hours but at least what I’m hearing the supply can’t meet the demand right now creating a wait list and the average time to schedule a rapid test is 3 days.  Think I heard CVS or one of the other national pharmacy was the best chance for trying to get a same day rapid test.  So many people are getting tested now.

1 hour ago, Luke_Mages said:

Quest has been doing them in under 24 hours, that’s where I plan on getting mine. I’ll be getting a bunch because of this new policy :cry:

wow that's crazy, Ontario is now over 1100 new cases a day (a record today) but we have nothing like that as far as I know. How does something like that work for the tri-state area? 

So basically trump makes accusations and now he's gotta find the proof lol Even setting up a "fraud" hotline... Some of the lawsuits are a joke, they have no barring on the actual results.. Like trying to get 50 votes thrown out in GA when he's losing by more than 10k votes and climbing.. Lawsuit in PA because their poll watchers had to sit 20 feet away just like the Democrats did lol Some of his supporters actually think he has a case :rolleyes:

The observers were not allowed into the counting rooms. I won the election, got 71,000 legal votes. Bad things happened which our observers were not allowed to see." Trump wrote in a Saturday evening tweet that has been labeled as disputed by Twitter. "Never happened before. Millions of mail-in ballots were sent to people who never asked for them!" 

5 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

So basically trump makes accusations and now he's gotta find the proof lol Even setting up a "fraud" hotline... Some of the lawsuits are a joke, they have no barring on the actual results.. Like trying to get 50 votes thrown out in GA when he's losing by more than 10k votes and climbing.. Lawsuit in PA because their poll watchers had to sit 20 feet away just like the Democrats did lol Some of his supporters actually think he has a case :rolleyes:

The observers were not allowed into the counting rooms. I won the election, got 71,000 legal votes. Bad things happened which our observers were not allowed to see." Trump wrote in a Saturday evening tweet that has been labeled as disputed by Twitter. "Never happened before. Millions of mail-in ballots were sent to people who never asked for them!" 

Is the fraud hotline number the same number for Fox News????.....asking for a friend

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

You're such a clown. Glad Trump won in a landslide so bigly just like you told us he would. Save your Trump flag for when coke snorting Jr. runs in 4 years. 

54 minutes ago, champy said:

You're such a clown. Glad Trump won in a landslide so bigly just like you told us he would. Save your Trump flag for when coke snorting Jr. runs in 4 years. 

Wtf is wrong with you? Where did I say he’d win in a landslide? The only prediction I made was that he’d do even better among black and Latino voters which is true...

While were talking about coke snorting children of presidents can’t wait to see how Hunters trial plays out...

The lead has climbed from 1k to 10k+ since Friday in GA..The last day for military ballots to be accepted was Friday..The president believes the military ballots are missing since his numbers didn't go up ^_^

So far, Sterling said, 18,008 military/overseas ballots have been accepted in Georgia. He characterized the other 8,410 as "still available to be received."

14 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

The lead has climbed from 1k to 10k+ since Friday in GA..The last day for military ballots to be accepted was Friday..The president believes the military ballots are missing since his numbers didn't go up ^_^

So far, Sterling said, 18,008 military/overseas ballots have been accepted in Georgia. He characterized the other 8,410 as "still available to be received."

That's pretty telling that the military doesn't even support him...That's because he was supposed to go to war for this country but came down with some foot ailment. They're not dumb.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Trumps going off on twitter this morning, I don't see him ever giving up or leaving the whitehouse.

If a defeated Trump were squatting in the Oval Office after the stroke of noon on January 20, “the successor could direct federal agents to forcibly remove Trump from the White House,” former US attorney Barbara McQuade wrote in The Atlantic earlier this year. “Now a private citizen, Trump would no longer be immune from criminal prosecution, and could be arrested and charged with trespassing in the White House.”

• Like 1

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic