• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

10 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but thought this is interesting. Shared on a local car forum.

01bd6111b663cb9b0ca0648c96307aa9141d3ef4.gif

This is somebody’s cut and paste from Twitter. The original comes from a Twitter account called APhilosophae, and his analysis is based on a flawed data set (he used a rounding method to reverse engineer a level of accuracy that does not exist in the data set), and is a selective analysis, excluding data sets from states that contradict his analysis. It’s clearly an attempt to create uncertainty by assuring an online audience clamoring for proof of vote fraud that he found such evidence, then mystifies his claim with a purportedly technical analysis. I’m a data analyst, and once I located his data set (there are a bunch of weird scammy links that in the Twitter thread), I spotted the methodology error fairly quickly.

There are a number of technical evaluations of this purported evidence on Twitter. One that I found that noted the rounding issue and several other flaws is here: 

The original analysis wouldn’t hold up under scrutiny in court, if it came down to that, but audience isn’t a judge with the authority to act upon a legitimate claim of fraud. The audience is a bunch of very mad, very online people who were absolutely certain that Trump would win, so they know with equal certainty that his loss must mean that the election was a fraud.

A lot of beliefs in which I had a lot of confidence were blown out of the water by Trump’s election, but it was inarguable that he won enough votes to have an electoral college majority in 2016. It wasn’t the world that was wrong, it was ME that was wrong. I shouldn’t have to tell anyone that a worldview which rejects empirical data — what your eyes and ears tell you or sources who have little reason not to be impartial tell you — is staggeringly dangerous. The “fake news” ideology in which anything that contradicts your belief system must be wrong is absolutely circular reasoning, and circular reasoning has no claim to truth. And even worse, a great many people belief that their side has an absolute right to rule and the other side is categorically illegitimate. The political system that comes from those beliefs is by definition totalitarian, and all of the hand waving about “upholding the Constitution” doesn’t make it any less so. People ascribe their own ideology to the founding fathers all the time, but one thing that the foundational documents of this country have in common is opposition to totalizing ideology.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WNash said:

This is somebody’s cut and paste from Twitter. The original comes from a Twitter account called APhilosophae, and his analysis is based on a flawed data set (he used a rounding method to reverse engineer a level of accuracy that does not exist in the data set), and is a selective analysis, excluding data sets from states that contradict his analysis. It’s clearly an attempt to create uncertainty by assuring an online audience clamoring for proof of vote fraud that he found such evidence, then mystifies his claim with a purportedly technical analysis. I’m a data analyst, and once I located his data set (there are a bunch of weird scammy links that in the Twitter thread), I spotted the methodology error fairly quickly.

There are a number of technical evaluations of this purported evidence on Twitter. One that I found that noted the rounding issue and several other flaws is here: 

The original analysis wouldn’t hold up under scrutiny in court, if it came down to that, but audience isn’t a judge with the authority to act upon a legitimate claim of fraud. The audience is a bunch of very mad, very online people who were absolutely certain that Trump would win, so they know with equal certainty that his loss must mean that the election was a fraud.

A lot of beliefs in which I had a lot of confidence were blown out of the water by Trump’s election, but it was inarguable that he won enough votes to have an electoral college majority in 2016. It wasn’t the world that was wrong, it was ME that was wrong. I shouldn’t have to tell anyone that a worldview which rejects empirical data — what your eyes and ears tell you or sources who have little reason not to be impartial tell you — is staggeringly dangerous. The “fake news” ideology in which anything that contradicts your belief system must be wrong is absolutely circular reasoning, and circular reasoning has no claim to truth. And even worse, a great many people belief that their side has an absolute right to rule and the other side is categorically illegitimate. The political system that comes from those beliefs is by definition totalitarian, and all of the hand waving about “upholding the Constitution” doesn’t make it any less so. People ascribe their own ideology to the founding fathers all the time, but one thing that the foundational documents of this country have in common is opposition to totalizing ideology.

He makes some good points on data extrapolation but he completely missed the point. He’s claiming the original poster was using a cumulative R/D ratio in the graphs and it’s not. (I hope I have no accounts wherever he’s an actuary) The outliers can’t exist if it was cumulative. If it was cumulative then the large Biden drops could explain the shift.  What the original poster is claiming is an unnatural shift in the per batch ratio towards the dems as time went on. 

Here is why trump is so defiant..

The most serious legal threat facing Trump is the Manhattan district attorney's broad criminal investigation into the financial workings of the Trump Organization. Prosecutors have suggested in court filings that the investigation could examine whether the President and his company engaged in bank fraud, insurance fraud, criminal tax fraud and falsification of business records.

7 minutes ago, brentrich said:

Great we wont be getting vaccine until 2022. No summer vacations next year, back to quarantine. 

Tbh if you’re under 55 you won’t be getting vaccinated until 2022 regardless. But I laugh at Biden’s advisors idea because as insane as it sounds it’s completely possible. 

7 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

Lmao. Literally lmao

The more I read about this “doctor” the more crazy it gets.  He believes people (including himself) should die by age 75.  Then in regards to the vaccine... 

Emanuel argued, that “prioritizing seniors at higher risk would mean sending a disproportionate amount of vaccines to wealthier countries”

Maybe I’m wrong but aren’t high risk seniors the most likely group to die from COVID?  Shouldn’t they be first in line? 

7 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Yeah, but NYC will..

Screenshot_20201110-202108.png

You think? I'm not so sure. Lots of people have been shutdown the entire year and have lost lots of business. That map will dramatically change in 2022. You don't mess with a persons ability to put food on the table and clothes on their children...$500 a week UI in NYC doesn't get you very far.

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic