• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

39 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

And here is a non Q Anon article on the same topic.  Weird wild times that we now have to debunk the absolute wackiest of conspiracy theories.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/11/technology/no-dominion-voting-machines-did-not-cause-widespread-voting-problems.html

I'd like to see an article that actually debunks the theory presented. Your article is basically a blanket "no its not dominion" stance.

Just now, wolfie09 said:

Trump supporter is getting lit into haha

She thinks her ballot didn't count because of what"attorneys" told her and outside noise..

That's a trump witness lmao

Yeah a vote recount won't matter the difference is far too large. The only way this election changes is if the software system really did mess up the votes or was toyed with. That's his only path to victory. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

I'd like to see an article that actually debunks the theory presented. Your article is basically a blanket "no its not dominion" stance.

Lets not call it mine or yours.  We are just linking things.  I don't stand behind either one.  But to use your logic.  The link you mentioned is just them saying it did happen with zero proof.  I typically will believe the NY Times before Q anon though, call me crazy.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Not looking good.  Yellow Zone rate today was 8.1%...

5A4DFD55-8B1F-448D-823A-BDACAA80F90A.jpeg

Yeah I expect gyms to close down in 1-2 weeks. 144k cases yesterday and already 151k cases today. How many cases were we at during mid shutdown 35k?

Erie county is leading the case load in all of New York State

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/new-york/

• Confused 1

Think we have a real issue with the turn around time on the test results and with the county contact tracing team.  Had one of the workers at my store become sick on 11/2, they went for a test on 11/4, didn’t get the results back until 11/9, and the county didn’t get the results officially to start contact tracing until 11/12.  Luckily we’ve been pretty on our game and based on how severe their symptoms were we went ahead and alerted those who worked closely with this individual on the 4th that they may have been exposed and to self monitor extremely closely for any unusual symptoms.  The fact that it’s taking 10 days for the county to get these results and conduct contact tracing is pointless in my opinion.  After 10 days the close contacts, if exposed and infected, have likely already passed it on to a new set of contacts, rendering this whole method useless.  

• Like 1

Just now, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Think we have a real issue with the turn around time on the test results and with the county contact tracing team.  Had one of the workers at my store become sick on 11/2, they went for a test on 11/4, didn’t get the results back until 11/9, and the county didn’t get the results officially to start contact tracing until 11/12.  Luckily we’ve been pretty on our game and based on how severe their symptoms were we went ahead and alerted those who worked closely with this individual on the 4th that they may have been exposed and to self monitor extremely closely for any unusual symptoms.  The fact that it’s taking 10 days for the county to get these results and conduct contact tracing is pointless in my opinion.  After 10 days the close contacts, if exposed and infected, have likely already passed it on to a new set of contacts, rendering this whole method useless.  

Exactly. Contact tracing only works if you're able to get results back within 24 hours.

At this rate we will be at 200k cases by this weekend. If the 1 in 5 is correct that is 1 million new infections everyday in the US. The federal government has completely given up on us, no talks about covid at all. Everything is about fraud in the election. I for one am solidly happy with my vote, more than ever.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

At this rate we will be at 200k cases by this weekend. If the 1 in 5 is correct that is 1 million new infections everyday in the US. The federal government has completely given up on us, no talks about covid at all. Everything is about fraud in the election. I for one am solidly happy with my vote, more than ever.

I actually don’t mind Trump and his antics as ridiculous as he sounds at times, that’s just Trump. However, it is clear he couldn’t give 2 shits about the American people and is too focused on himself it’s absolutely ridiculous. As you said were in a raging pandemic which is about to get even worse than it was in the spring and he doesn’t even mention the words covid or coronavirus.

As far as Erie County goes there’s no doubt in my mind the yellow zone will be an Orange Zone by next week with infection rates nearing 9 percent and climbing daily. As you said Erie County is having more cases than anywhere in the state right now including NYC. That’s absurd. Get ready for a long dark winter if we don’t get this thing under control right now. Take out only restaurants, full online schooling, no gyms, movie theaters, hair salons etc. just as it was in March and April. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

I actually don’t mind Trump and his antics as ridiculous as he sounds at times, that’s just Trump. However, it is clear he couldn’t give 2 shits about the American people and is too focused on himself it’s absolutely ridiculous. As you said were in a raging pandemic which is about to get even worse than it was in the spring and he doesn’t even mention the words covid or coronavirus.

Aside from a nation wide lock down, which he would never do, what else can he do?  He’s left a lot of this up to the states to manage at their discretion.  Testing capacity has increased, treatment therapies have improved, hopefully the hospitals have been stocking up on supplies and equipment over the last 7 months?   

Cases are spiking everywhere right now where they spiked in March/April.  This isn’t a “Americans aren’t following the rules” spike, something bigger changing.

2DC80C32-7294-4CF0-A7FC-194FEC341412.jpeg

71D3BEB1-18FE-4695-8706-77A52F342138.jpeg

B8ADD9D3-9490-40E7-A4F4-D1491CEF3E60.jpeg

1262E56D-6106-4D90-95B6-B575E8F780CA.jpeg

583F5546-6ED8-419A-A47B-09B7D0526F5D.jpeg

3D213C2D-9257-438C-84E3-405E6CFA0ECC.jpeg

9F00ABA8-B0CA-45A2-8C58-270346BC22D8.jpeg

74FCBEA2-79E9-4219-9FD9-811514141F69.jpeg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Aside from a nation wide lock down, which he would never do, what else can he do?  He’s left a lot of this up to the states to manage at their discretion.  Testing capacity has increased, treatment therapies have improved, hopefully the hospitals have been stocking up on supplies and equipment over the last 7 months?   

Cases are spiking everywhere right now where they spiked in March/April.  This isn’t a “Americans aren’t following the rules” spike, something bigger changing.

Um....let me think of a few things...

• Start a daily news conference letting the American people know the progress of the vaccine and how its going to be distributed.
  • Put a nationwide mask mandate in place. (Yes, I know states do this, but leadership starts at the top)
  • Use all means necessary to prevent whats happening in El Paso Texas right now....
  • South Dakota has a near 70% infection rate, Wisconsin isn't far behind. Target the hardest hit states with federal aid and support. (He was quick to use the national guard to stop the protests)
  • Stop tweeting conspiracy theories and election fraud 20-30 times a day on Twitter.
  • Own the election and help the transition of power, that starts with the daily national security meetings that he has prevented Biden from receiving.
  • Tell the house/senate to start a new covid package to help the hurting American people.
  • And finally stop crying and hiding in the white house basement and be a ******** leader

• Like 5

9 hours ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

You have to be kidding. It would have been impossible for anyone else to handle the covid-19 situation more poorly than what trump did.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Um....let me think of a few things...

• Start a daily news conference letting the American people know the progress of the vaccine and how its going to be distributed.
  • Put a nationwide mask mandate in place. (Yes, I know states do this, but leadership starts at the top)
  • Use all means necessary to prevent whats happening in El Paso Texas right now....
  • South Dakota has a near 70% infection rate, Wisconsin isn't far behind. Target the hardest hit states with federal aid and support. (He was quick to use the national guard to stop the protests)
  • Stop tweeting conspiracy theories and election fraud 20-30 times a day on Twitter.
  • Own the election and help the transition of power, that starts with the daily national security meetings that he has prevented Biden from receiving.
  • Tell the house/senate to start a new covid package to help the hurting American people.
  • And finally stop crying and hiding in the white house basement and be a ******** leader

Also, invoke presidential powers under the Defense Production Act to compel manufacture of PPE and other equipment and medications, to prevent price gouging on scarce materials needed to treat and prevent the disease, and to assemble and create efficient logistics for distribution.

There are two possible reasons to suggest that Trump has done all he could. One is to run interference with the objective of sheltering him from criticism. The other is because we have been conditioned (by both parties) to believe that the government is incapable of materials improving people’s lives. Our experience of politicians from both parties using resources to preserve or grow the wealth of the already wealthy elites reinforces our sense that we should hope for nothing good.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, WNash said:

Also, invoke presidential powers under the Defense Production Act to compel manufacture of PPE and other equipment and medications, to prevent price gouging on scarce materials needed to treat and prevent the disease, and to assemble and create efficient logistics for distribution.

There are two possible reasons to suggest that Trump has done all he could. One is to run interference with the objective of sheltering him from criticism. The other is because we have been conditioned (by both parties) to believe that the government is incapable of materials improving people’s lives. Our experience of politicians from both parties using resources to preserve or grow the wealth of the already wealthy elites reinforces our sense that we should hope for nothing good.

Also, trust the scientists and experts, I'm pretty sure they know more than any politician does. And at the very least show that you can more about the American people than focusing 100% on the election results. It just proves how the only person Trump cares about is Trump. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Also, trust the scientists and experts, I'm pretty sure they know more than any politician does. And at the very least show that you can more about the American people than focusing 100% on the election results. It just proves how the only person Trump cares about is Trump. 

I've been saying all along that someone has run the numbers and realized that were better off letting this thing run its course. We aren't loosing healthy young people. Were losing out of the work force seniors with comorbidities. Its not that Trump doesn't care, its that he's not a politician and making decisions based on the cold hard facts that say there is no stopping this. Just look at the rest of the world, they're dealing with the same issue.

(I know this comes off as insensitive to anyone who has lost someone and I'm sorry for your loss)

35 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

I've been saying all along that someone has run the numbers and realized that were better off letting this thing run its course. We aren't loosing healthy young people. Were losing out of the work force seniors with comorbidities. Its not that Trump doesn't care, its that he's not a politician and making decisions based on the cold hard facts that say there is no stopping this. Just look at the rest of the world, they're dealing with the same issue.

(I know this comes off as insensitive to anyone who has lost someone and I'm sorry for your loss)

I've always been on the eventual herd immunity track as well. However, you cannot overwhelm the hospitals. This is not about being a politician, it's about being a leader. The leader of the most powerful country on the world is hiding and acting like a child who didn't get his way. It's sad. 

• Like 2

Washington (CNN)A group of national, state and private election officials said in a joint statement Thursday that there is no evidence of any voting system being compromised in the 2020 election despite President Donald Trump's deluge of election fraud conspiracies.

"The November 3rd election was the most secure in American history. Right now, across the country, election officials are reviewing and double checking the entire election process prior to finalizing the result," the Election Infrastructure Government Coordinating Council and the Election Infrastructure Sector Coordinating Executive Committees said.
The group, which includes federal employees working in the Trump administration, added in boldfaced type: "There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised."

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I've always been on the eventual herd immunity track as well. However, you cannot overwhelm the hospitals. This is not about being a politician, it's about being a leader. The leader of the most powerful country on the world is hiding and acting like a child who didn't get his way. It's sad. 

I don't know about nationally but locally hospitals continue to operate deep in the red and will be making even more cuts to staffing. Volume is down almost half.

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic