• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

Quote from trump's doctor..

"I was trying to reflect the upbeat attitude that the team, the President in his course of illness has had. I didn't want to give any information that might steer the course of illness in another direction, and in doing so it came off that we're trying to hide something."

2 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Quote from trump's doctor..

"I was trying to reflect the upbeat attitude that the team, the President in his course of illness has had. I didn't want to give any information that might steer the course of illness in another direction, and in doing so it came off that we're trying to hide something."

“Spoke to the president this morning,” Meadows said. “He continued to improve overnight and is ready to get back to a normal working schedule.” He added that the president “will meet with his doctors and nurses this morning to make further assessments of his progress." Meadows added, “We are still optimistic that he will be able to return to the White House later today, with his medical professionals making that determination later today."

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

For trump to go to a hospital, it must have been a pretty bad case of Covid. The last thing he would want is to appear weak a month out from an election in which he downplayed Covid the entire year. 

My opinion is that it was more precautionary than necessary. We’re talking about the most powerful position in the world. Why risk it. 

2 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

My opinion is that it was more precautionary than necessary. We’re talking about the most powerful position in the world. Why risk it. 

He has the ultimate decision. If he wasn't really sick, no way he goes. He hasn't listened to the medical professionals opinion this entire time, doubt it started when he contracted Covid.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

He has the ultimate decision. If he wasn't really sick, no way he goes. He hasn't listened to the medical professionals opinion this entire time, doubt it started when he contracted Covid.

Eh I think it’s about optics and risk aversion. If he doesn’t go and gets gravely Ill Biden wins in a landslide. He goes, gets the best treatment and is out in 2 days and has more ammo for his position on covid. 

2 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

Eh I think it’s about optics and risk aversion. If he doesn’t go and gets gravely Ill Biden wins in a landslide. He goes, gets the best treatment and is out in 2 days and has more ammo for his position on covid. 

Herman Cain got the same treatment Trump did. Cains timeline...

6/24: Attends Trump rally, maskless

7/2: Tests positive for Covid-19

7/10: Says he’s improving

7/15: Says his doctors seem happy

7/27: Says he’s really getting better

7/30: Dies

7/31: Ghost tweets that COVID was no big deal. :facepalm:

17 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Herman Cain got the same treatment Trump did. Cains timeline...

6/24: Attends Trump rally, maskless

7/2: Tests positive for Covid-19

7/10: Says he’s improving

7/15: Says his doctors seem happy

7/27: Says he’s really getting better

7/30: Dies

7/31: Ghost tweets that COVID was no big deal. :facepalm:

Cmon man...Cain was in remission with a severely compromised immune and digestive system. He also never got out of the hospital once admitted. 

cain would just as likely died had he caught the flu...

20 hours ago, SnowLover22 said:

Have you guys heard of Letchworth State Park. I've heard its a pretty nice park to go to. I think it is around an hour from Geneva. 

14 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

This place is epic, especially if you hike the trails opposite the side with all the people. 

11 hours ago, cny rider said:

Yes it is a really beautiful place to go hiking.

The wife and I are going there next weekend to celebrate our 13th anniversary. Hoping for some fall colors to remain there and at our B&B in the Finger Lakes.

• Like 3

(CNN)President Donald Trump has signed off on a roughly $1.8 trillion stimulus offer to be presented to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, according to two people with knowledge of the decision, marking the highest topline dollar figure the administration has put on the table to this point.

The direct involvement of Trump himself and his willingness to put down an offer far above the preferences of congressional Republicans adds a dynamic new element to long-stalled negotiations. Trump, to this point, mostly relied on Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and White House chief of staff Mark Meadows to handle the details of the talks with Pelosi.

The $1.8 trillion figure is up from a $1.6 trillion offer from earlier this week, though it remains below the $2.2 trillion in the bill passed last week by House Democrats -- and Pelosi has been unwilling to go below $2 trillion in negotiations up to this point, people familiar with the matter say.

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Taylor Hall to Buffalo. In total shock right now as hockey is the sport I played my entire life. I love the Bills, but Sabres are my team!

Won’t make a difference. Sabres are a total mess. Only a 1 year contact and he’ll surely be gone after the Sabres miss playoffs for the 11th straight season. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Taylor Hall to Buffalo. In total shock right now as hockey is the sport I played my entire life. I love the Bills, but Sabres are my team!

I feel bad for these stars that get stuck in Buffalo.  We just eat up talent and destroy dreams.  Eichels whole career is a lost cause in Buffalo, I would love to see him go somewhere and excel.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeltaT13 said:

I feel bad for these stars that get stuck in Buffalo.  We just eat up talent and destroy dreams.  Eichels whole career is a lost cause in Buffalo, I would love to see him go somewhere and excel.  

I mean he chose Buffalo which still bewilders me. Probably has to do with $, being only a one year contract he can get out after this year if it goes as it’s gone the last 10 seasons, he can boost his stats playing on the wing with Eichel as his center (ala Skinner 2 years ago) and then beat feet to a better team with a long term deal. He also said he really liked his time with Kruger in Edmonton even though it was in the shortened lockout season. Top 2 lines are stacked now but our bottom 6 are pretty average to below average. With 7 defensemen ton the team they really should look at trading Ristolinen for a bottom 6 forward. 

8 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

I mean he chose Buffalo which still bewilders me. Probably has to do with $, being only a one year contract he can get out after this year if it goes as it’s gone the last 10 seasons, he can boost his stats playing on the wing with Eichel as his center (ala Skinner 2 years ago) and then beat feet to a better team with a long term deal. He also said he really liked his time with Kruger in Edmonton even though it was in the shortened lockout season. Top 2 lines are stacked now but our bottom 6 are pretty average to below average. With 7 defensemen ton the team they really should look at trading Ristolinen for a bottom 6 forward. 

I’m kinda shocked at the comments here. This team is clearly moving in a much different direction and it’s not taking Kevyn Adams very long to put his stamp on this team. he brought in a former Stanley cup champ, captain and great mentor with some hockey left in him, arguably the best FA on the market with a prove it deal and is imo a good goalie away from the playoffs consistently. I’m starting to see parallels from the bills regime and this one. Good gm good coach and plenty of young stars. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I’m kinda shocked at the comments here. This team is clearly moving in a much different direction and it’s not taking Kevyn Adams very long to put his stamp on this team. he brought in a former Stanley cup champ, captain and great mentor with some hockey left in him, arguably the best FA on the market with a prove it deal and is imo a good goalie away from the playoffs consistently. I’m starting to see parallels from the bills regime and this one. Good gm good coach and plenty of young stars. 

We don’t know if he’s a good GM. It’s his first time as a GM. I like the moves he’s made with Staal and Hall but it’s still far too early to say if they’re turning it all around. I like coach Kruger a lot and the guys seem to like to play for him so that’s a good start but I think if they under achieve again this season things are going to start to unravel pretty quickly as I could see Eichel wanting out and Hall not resigning. Staal is also only a 1 year contact so he could be gone after this year as well especially given his age. They need a goalie badly but it seems that ship has sailed already for the free agent market. At this point I would use more Ullmark then Hutton but I think that’s going to be the Achilles heel on the team this year. Also need to get Dahlin playing more minutes and with more confidence because his talent is beginning to go to waste if they continue to play Risto with more minutes per game then him. 

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic