• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

I for one am trying to do the total opposite of getting fat and lazy during this hiatus. lol I have been saving most of my money but decided to buy a stationary bike as well as a treadmill..I'm a smoker who is in the fight of his life trying to quit, I'm doing the wean down method which seems to be working, i was a pack a day smoker , now down to 8 a day, hoping to continue that as my body adjust to the lack of nicotine..

You can see I have a wonderful helper lol

IMG_20200423_142209_01.jpg

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

I for one am trying to do the total opposite of getting fat and lazy during this hiatus. lol I have been saving most of my money but decided to buy a stationary bike as well as a treadmill..I'm a smoker who is in the fight of his life trying to quit, I'm doing the wean down method which seems to be working, i was a pack a day smoker , now down to 8 a day, hoping to continue that as my body adjust to the lack of nicotine..

You can see I have a wonderful helper lol

IMG_20200423_142209_01.jpg

Thats awesome! :weight_lift:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cny rider said:

If anyone is really interested in all the mechanics, I wholly agree with looking at Calculated Risk and particularly reading the Ubernerd series of posts.

It was incredibly informative and well written, and fascinating to watch as it unfolded in real time back then.

One of the authors, a woman who went by Tanta, died of cancer as the whole thing was unraveling.

Yes you are correct!  I couldn't think of her name but it was Tanta.  It was a real eye opener blog.  

5 hours ago, MJO812 said:

My co worker is in the hospital with pneumonia  and a blood clot. Not doing good. He is in his mid 30s.

A sgt from my pct has also been in the hospital for 3 weeks with Covid.

My thoughts are with your coworkers. Sorry if you mentioned this before - what precinct are you?

• Like 1

" Gov. Lamont's plan to reopen parts of the state by May 20 may be pushed back."

Nooyi said Thursday that May 20 date is not a reopening date but a date that they will have a reopening plan to present to the governor.

She said a gradual reopening is more likely in June and would continue through the rest of the year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/coronavirus/live-at-4pm-governor-lamont-to-provide-update-on-connecticuts-coronavirus-response/2259947/%3famp

Another prelim study suggesting a much higher infection population resulting in a much lower mortality rate:

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo revealed Thursday that preliminary results from a coronavirus antibody study show the statewide infection rate is 13.9 percent, which would mean around 2.7 million residents could have carried the disease.

3 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Another prelim study suggesting a much higher infection population resulting in a much lower mortality rate:

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo revealed Thursday that preliminary results from a coronavirus antibody study show the statewide infection rate is 13.9 percent, which would mean around 2.7 million residents could have carried the disease.

I agree with Rich that this is far too small a sample size though. I know people who thought they had it a month ago go to get the antibody test because they couldn’t get tested at the time when they were sick because they didn’t have enough test. Obviously the results are going to be skewed when more people who have had symptoms are the ones going to get tested vs people who have never had any symptoms. There’s no doubt there’s far more people that are infected that confirmed cases but do we really think there’s 10x as many people infected as currently known, I’m not sure. Even if that’s the case you still have a 0.6 death rate which is 6 times deadlier than seasonal flu... 

5 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I watched it live. It's like I'm living in the twilight zone.

He needs to stick to a script. 
I have no idea what disinfectant he’s talking about but we already use UV light curtains at entry points and headspace air filtration in food plants. We were just joking yesterday at lunch that some company is going to capitalize on selling them residentially. 

1 hour ago, Luke_Mages said:

He needs to stick to a script. 
I have no idea what disinfectant he’s talking about but we already use UV light curtains at entry points and headspace air filtration in food plants. We were just joking yesterday at lunch that some company is going to capitalize on selling them residentially. 

Don’t you know he’s talking about this?? 

00292A20-5DF9-4B29-BD85-7376C495EB1C.jpeg

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Don’t you know he’s talking about this?? 

00292A20-5DF9-4B29-BD85-7376C495EB1C.jpeg

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/24/business/lysol-disinfectant-trump-coronavirus/index.html

Why do we have dumb warnings of everything? People like Trump. How anyone could support this clown after this dumpster fire is beyond me. A lot of blindly ignorant fools out there do - and will probably have a nice cup of Lysol with their coffee. 

• Like 5

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic