• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

20 minutes ago, cny rider said:

Your interpretation of the article is incorrect.  It's not even close to what you state here.

Here’s an excerpt for you supporting what I said along with the other articles I posted. 

Then came the autopsies. When they opened up some deceased patients’ lungs, they expected to find evidence of pneumonia and damage to the tiny air sacs that exchange oxygen and carbon dioxide between the lungs and the bloodstream. Instead, they found tiny clots all over.

4 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

FB_IMG_1587598356267.jpg

He’s absolutely not wrong. He was ticked off today by that reporter and quite frankly I don’t blame him. There’s places all over WNY hiring from Walmart and Amazon to Salhens hot dogs and many many more. Obviously it’s not a job in their current profession but if they’re too stubborn to apply for unemployment and are running out of money then go apply somewhere that’s hiring even if it’s only temporary until their current non essential job opens back up.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, cny rider said:

The article has nothing to do with red cells as you posted.

It is all about clotting.

Not red cells.

Your posts remind me of the phrase "Often wrong but never in doubt."

What the hell is wrong with you?

its about Hypoxemia as a result of Covid, which is what I’ve been saying. 
try again. 

8 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

Meanwhile the areas largest employer, an essential employer, is laying off 20% of their staff. 

Who is that? Here’s a list of WNY top employers, I’m not sure which ones are essential/non essential for sure but most of them seem essential.

1. New York State (23,800)

2. Federal Government (14,680)

3. Kaleida Health (8,194)

4. Catholic Health (7,368)

5. Buffalo City School District (7,115) 

6. SUNY at Buffalo (7,071) 

7. M&T Bank (7,013)

8. Erie County (5,000)

9. Wegmans (4,989)

10. Tops (4,795)

11. Erie County Medical Center (3,450)

12. Roswell Park (3,239)

13. Geico (3,200)

14. Seneca Gaming (3,032)

15. HSBC and Moog (tied at 3,000)

10 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Who is that? Here’s a list of WNY top employers, I’m not sure which ones are essential/non essential for sure but most of them seem essential.

1. New York State (23,800)

2. Federal Government (14,680)

3. Kaleida Health (8,194)

4. Catholic Health (7,368)

5. Buffalo City School District (7,115) 

6. SUNY at Buffalo (7,071) 

7. M&T Bank (7,013)

8. Erie County (5,000)

9. Wegmans (4,989)

10. Tops (4,795)

11. Erie County Medical Center (3,450)

12. Roswell Park (3,239)

13. Geico (3,200)

14. Seneca Gaming (3,032)

15. HSBC and Moog (tied at 3,000)

Both catholic and kaleida health started the process today, effective Sunday. 
That kaleida health number is wrong too. It’s closer to 12k including physicians. 

One big issue right now is unemployment, way way behind..Read some of the horror stories on social media, waiting 4,5,6 weeks for a check, of course people wanna go back to work lol

Most self employed/gig workers are having trouble applying for PUA benefits, it's pretty stupid to make people get denied for UI benefits before they can apply for PUA federal funding lol

22 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

Both catholic and kaleida health started the process today, effective Sunday. 
That kaleida health number is wrong too. It’s closer to 12k including physicians. 

I thought they said they were going to be doing voluntary furloughs but didn’t hear they were going to be laying off that many people mandatorily. Maybe the Governor allowing elective surgeries again in some counties (not Erie) will save some jobs? 

Just now, WesterlyWx said:

I thought they said they were going to be doing voluntary furloughs but didn’t hear they were going to be laying off that many people mandatorily. Maybe the Governor allowing elective surgeries again in some counties (not Erie) will save some jobs? 

First it’s voluntary and then it’s mandatory, being offered then enforced by seniority. 

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

One big issue right now is unemployment, way way behind..Read some of the horror stories on social media, waiting 4,5,6 weeks for a check, of course people wanna go back to work lol

Most self employed/gig workers are having trouble applying for PUA benefits, it's pretty stupid to make people get denied for UI benefits before they can apply for PUA federal funding lol

Nearly my entire family is laid off at this moment. They are struggling to pay their bills and get unemployment. I basically had to do it for my mom as she is technologically illiterate. My dad has a house in the city in which he rents. Both tenants are refusing to pay rent for 3 months and my dads mortgage payment is still due. This mess has to end.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Nearly my entire family is laid off at this moment. They are struggling to pay their bills and get unemployment. I basically had to do it for my mom as she is technologically illiterate. My dad has a house in the city in which he rents. Both tenants are refusing to pay rent for 3 months and my dads mortgage payment is still due. This mess has to end.

I know in New York there are deferring mortgage paymnets for 3 months as of now too and that might even be a Federal thing not just NY. 

3 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

I know in New York there are deferring mortgage paymnets for 3 months as of now too and that might even be a Federal thing not just NY. 

Yes they are but good luck getting a hold of a bank to have them cancel automatic deduction. 3-4 hour wait times on the phone and then disconnect.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Luke_Mages said:

First it’s voluntary and then it’s mandatory, being offered then enforced by seniority. 

That is correct. My sister in-law is in radiology at O'shei children's, they're giving it the old "volunteer" or we'll decide mantra. Even though she has been there (from Hodge to now) 12 years she's low rung on the ladder so if no one volunteers she's as good as furloughed. 

• Sad 1

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

Yes they are but good luck getting a hold of a bank to have them cancel automatic deduction. 3-4 hour wait times on the phone and then disconnect.

What's worse is most banks are allowing the deferred payments to be added to the back end of the loan...just for giggles I called in to my mortgage company, which will remain nameless to protect the moronic, to see what it's policy was...theyre allowing a 6 month deferment, the catch is it's all due the moment the 6 months is up...in my scenario if needed ( were good) would be $12,156 paid back immediately...i laughed so hard I had to hang up...

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, Thinksnow18 said:

What's worse is most banks are allowing the deferred payments to be added to the back end of the loan...just for giggles I called in to my mortgage company, which will remain nameless to protect the moronic, to see what it's policy was...theyre allowing a 6 month deferment, the catch is it's all due the moment the 6 months is up...in my scenario if needed ( were good) would be $12,156 paid back immediately...i laughed so hard I had to hang up...

What?! That's absolutely insane and moronic. What a joke. That's like the car companies allowing deferred payments on loans and leases are charging $200 fee for each month you have to defer. Thats 2/3 of most people's car payments. 

• Like 1

I have wells Fargo as my lender and they have a few options depending on your situation..They could extend it from 3 months to 6 months if you're still having financial hardship, they could defer it to the end of the loan, make a payment plan or pay in full if you're back at work and can pay it..At least this is what they claim lol

• Your payments will be suspended for the next 3 months
  • We won't charge late fees
  • We won't report a past-due status for this account to the consumer reporting agencies
  • At the end of the initial 3-month payment suspension, we will guide you on the next steps which may include: a continuation of the payment suspension; moving the missed payments to end of the loan; or a modification to address longer-term financial changes that may impact your ability to keep up with the monthly payments
  • We will not take foreclosure activity during this period
  • If you’re in an active bankruptcy, we recommend you speak with your bankruptcy attorney to see what options may be available to you

7 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

I have wells Fargo as my lender and they have a few options depending on your situation..They could extend it from 3 months to 6 months if you're still having financial hardship, they could defer it to the end of the loan, make a payment plan or pay in full if you're back at work and can pay it..At least this is what they claim lol

Wells, in this scenario at least, has it right. They have a plan to actually help their customers. 

8 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

This virus better help this country get in shape. It seems obesity is a pretty big factor in complications.

Yup that and diabetes. Unfortunately I think just the opposite is happening right now with everyone sitting at home and stress eating. :icecream:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

What the hell is wrong with you?

its about Hypoxemia as a result of Covid, which is what I’ve been saying. 
try again. 

There is nothing wrong with me.  I'm trying to get the facts straight.

You're the one focused on red blood cells, despite the fact that the articles you linked aren't about red blood cells.

The articles are about abnormal clotting in COVID patients, and the consequences that arise..

When you hear about clotting, think about platelets, endothelium, and fibrin.

Not red cells. Not hypoxemia or other terms you heard in a basic human physiology class and are now tossing around in a word salad.

You don't always have to be the smartest guy in the room.  It's fine to listen to other people who know more about a subject than you do.  Nobody will think less of you for it.

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic