• Member Statistics

    16,105
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    corvairbob
    Newest Member
    corvairbob
    Joined
MAG5035

Central PA - Spring 2020

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Including in my house where it is 75 now.   Its going to be an open window night. 

Just flipped the switch. Too hot for this guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, daxx said:

Just flipped the switch. Too hot for this guy.

I still think it could snow Monday and am lazy so do not want to remove the A/C cover.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I still think it could snow Monday and am lazy so do not want to remove the A/C cover.

 

 

Maybe if we all turn the a/c on It will make it snow Monday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rapid shoot up in temp here along with winds.  77.2 now after hitting 78.1 about 15 minutes ago.  Sustained WSW winds 15 to 20, gusting to 25.  Hard to imagine snow could be in the air early Monday morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

We have reached 80.  Itssweatingtime for the win.  Winds are ferocious. 

80.4 here. Imagine if we would have had more sun - I never saw any until after 2pm. And yes, Lancaster officially hit 80 as well. 

This has "felt" like an over-performing kind of day all week to me. Screw the models. (not really) :) View image on Twitter

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

80.4 here. Imagine if we would have had more sun - I never saw any until after 2pm. And yes, Lancaster officially hit 80 as well. 

This has "felt" like an over-performing kind of day all week to me. Screw the models. (not really) :) View image on Twitter

 

Good call dude lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Models and ensembles are still generally supportive of this snow threat on Monday, which I think could be in the cards for most in here. The Euro still leads the way but has edged down accums and shifted north a tad. Some of the runs this week on that model were looking March/November 2018 worthy.

Obviously the elevated central and north central parts of the state stand the best chance of seeing any kind of decent accumulations, but we could see accumulating potential even in the Sus Valley. Surface temps are going to be very marginal and it seems that timing is heading towards most of this event being in the daytime though, especially east. I think the biggest thing I see from the models is the snow potential appears to be rate driven. The column temps are there enough if we have a wave of heavier precipitation, and we're going to need a several hour burst of heavy precip to realize any white on the ground with the surface temps. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

Models and ensembles are still generally supportive of this snow threat on Monday, which I think could be in the cards for most in here. The Euro still leads the way but has edged down accums and shifted north a tad. Some of the runs this week on that model were looking March/November 2018 worthy.

Obviously the elevated central and north central parts of the state stand the best chance of seeing any kind of decent accumulations, but we could see accumulating potential even in the Sus Valley. Surface temps are going to be very marginal and it seems that timing is heading towards most of this event being in the daytime though, especially east. I think the biggest thing I see from the models is the snow potential appears to be rate driven. The column temps are there enough if we have a wave of heavier precipitation, and we're going to need a several hour burst of heavy precip to realize any white on the ground with the surface temps. 

Thanks Mag it would come at the right time! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, paweather said:

Thanks Mag it would come at the right time! 

The rate, location & timing of the heavier  precip will make the difference between accumulating snow, wet snow or plain old rain for some locations.

Here is the 18z Euro.

 

A880C4FB-7019-4B8A-9D33-93EBB2198B97.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the better rates can make it to the LSV towards the few hours before & after daybreak, then I could see the 2-3 inch amounts getting back to areas near & south of the turnpike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the 18z EPS & Control run, along with 850 temps at 6z & 12z Monday on the EPS. Cold enough air aloft will be available for snow from the MD line on north, if the precip comes in heavy enough.

D7CB6E32-C8A6-4F9E-B64F-503082DA5299.png

5BF419C1-F93F-4123-80C8-1A943A103E54.png

FAD5A737-EFEB-40BC-8B89-1600CF472A9F.png

9D70A0B7-33CC-4D22-9F1B-66CB5BACAD8C.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Here is the 18z EPS & Control run, along with 850 temps at 6z & 12z Monday on the EPS. Cold enough air aloft will be available for snow from the MD line on north, if the precip comes in heavy enough.

 

 

 

 

0z nam would have been an excessively heavy wet snow for many if it just kept the low on a slightly more EAST trajectory as it formed and climbed through the DelMarVa.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

0z nam would have been an excessively heavy wet snow for many if it just kept the low on a slightly more EAST trajectory as it formed and climbed through the DelMarVa.  

Yes, I was just checking out the 0z NAM. The initial conditions are cold enough for snow for all of us. We just need overnight onset with a good solid moderate precip shield & we could be in business for some accumulating snow even in The LSV.

0051133E-D171-49C8-8104-1BCF2091096A.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, daxx said:

Next week is looking really wet. Rain of and on throughout the week. I guess I will mowing next weekend. 

I had to edge this week.  Edging in mid March.   WTH. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.