• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Spring 2020

1 hour ago, daxx said:

I know a lot of people are hating the weather this spring, but I rank it in the top 5 best springs ever. The ones I rank above this one had snow here.

It's been the moisture more than the temps for me. It's been cool but not really too crazy temp wise here. Just the continuation of the wetter than normal conditions that have been the norm more often than not the past couple years. 

11 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

Man I don't want to be that guy, but the Euro has been doing it's best "year without a summer" impression lol. The overnight run wrecked Northern PA/Southern NY with another snowstorm (yesterday's 12z did pretty much the same thing) on May freaking 6th. This is the Euro we're talking about, and the fact that it's even showing something like this at this point in the spring season is downright remarkable. At this rate the southern tier NY/Catskills region might end up with a better "winter" MAM than DJF. There were some pretty significant snows up there from the weekend system. 

The weather isn't going to be wall to wall horrendous going into the first couple weeks of May, there will be nice weather and any sunny day will make things nice with the strong sun. But we're settled into an overall western ridge/eastern trough regime. Temperatures looks to remain below normal overall. The Euro is riding solo on the May 6th snowstorm but that period is showing an amplification in the eastern trough in that timeframe on modeling. 

1 day average 850mb temps on 0z Euro ensemble:

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-namer-t850_anom_1day-8896000.thumb.png.0f83318f1a952a97a1e7ea1da704340d.png

That's quite a solid signal for chilly weather. If I had gardening/planting/farming interests, I would be very wary of a high chance of seeing a late freeze(s) during the first half of May and be ready to deal with one. The good news in all of this? I would say by the time we transition to a warmer pattern that we'll be at a point in the spring where we won't be backtracking to weather like we're seeing now. 

The 12z Euro yesterday had what would be a historic snowstorm for CTP on May 6th.

A few weeks ago @anotherman was hoping that we would see snow maps in May!

@paweather would be on board with this, but @Voyager might be a little upset !

Since @MAG5035 didn’t post the good stuff yesterday, I will do the honors! 

06C6B958-34C8-443A-A4F6-A388EE934C4B.png

D3A01F53-3422-413C-B0FC-6D34EE66CE37.png

CCB9BBCD-07F0-4555-B2D8-858E0E585020.png

B53D4122-C63A-49A5-854B-E08DC0B37CFA.png

14 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 12z Euro yesterday had what would be a historic snowstorm for CTP on May 6th.

A few weeks ago @anotherman was hoping that we would see snow maps in May!

@paweather would be on board with this, but @Voyager might be a little upset !

Since @MAG5035 didn’t post the good stuff yesterday, I will do the honors! 

06C6B958-34C8-443A-A4F6-A388EE934C4B.png

D3A01F53-3422-413C-B0FC-6D34EE66CE37.png

CCB9BBCD-07F0-4555-B2D8-858E0E585020.png

B53D4122-C63A-49A5-854B-E08DC0B37CFA.png

I told you Blizz, I wasn't giving up to see snow in May! :-)))

13 minutes ago, paweather said:

Any feedback on how anyone thinks the flooding will be around the area. Severe? Creeks and streams for sure I suspect. 

I don't see severe flooding as being possible unless we get 2" more than expected.  Yesterdays' expectation for the Susquehanna was for at worst moderate flooding.  You can see that most of us are forecast to receive 2" to 2.5".  If that is the total amount I think flooding of streams/creeks remains no worse than moderate.  I'd be anticipating minor flooding as most likely if totals don't exceed 2.5".

70.2 degrees here with filtered sunshine and an easterly wind of about 10 mph.

47 minutes ago, canderson said:

Hit 73 in my yard today. 

That Irene to Lee (a week or so apart) was wild. Had like 22” rain in 7 days or something. 

Saw catfish swimming down Front St in Harrisburg after those storms. 

22" is almost exactly what I had here. I saw water in places I never saw it before or since.