• Member Statistics

    16,047
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    WIanBW
    Newest Member
    WIanBW
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
George BM

March Banter 2020

Recommended Posts

If anyone needs some good news on COVID, 5th day in a row with deceleration in cases. Flattening the curve is working.

 

hNB0ThU.png

 

(source is Worldometers)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nj2va said:

Did VA exempt liquor stores from the closures?  I sure hope so. 

Liquor is food so it's still on unless you didn't realize the 21st Amendment is a thing...PA I'm looking at you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nj2va said:

He makes a good pillow.  And I saw a headline that he’s turning his factory to make 50,000 face masks/day?  I like that.

A LOT of businesses are doing that right now. And I commend all of them!  But not all of them were crackheads who were arrested for domestic assault,  fraudulent checks, violating a protection order, lost a million dollar fraud suit, filed bankruptcy, has an F rating from the BBB....but also donated to Trump and said he was chosen by God and is possibly running for office.  It seemed like a publicity stunt to me and I don’t think that was the right place for that. But I am famously not a big fan of Trump and so I am admitidly biased so if others saw it as a genuine thing and not a publicity stunt to help a friend of Trump I will concede maybe I was seeing it through jaded lenses. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@PDIII While I do find your posts entertaining I have unfortunately encountered a side effect I wasn't expecting. I have found my IQ drops a couple of points after each one of your posts. I never knew that there was such a thing as a neg. IQ. But lough and behold I think I have now achieved it after your last several posts. 

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@showmethesnow I went to the Home Depot up your way on Eisenhower dr. Sunday to get electrical supplies and they are definitely taking lots of precautions.  I noticed in the paint section they stacked up 3 rows of orange 5 gallon buckets all around that main paint mixing center which totally encapsulates the worker - pretty crazy but dont blame them.  They also put tables in front of the cash registers and have a person guarding entrance and exit so u go strait in and strait out . My main electrical supply house in Timonium we are not allowed inside anymore.  We have to call ahead and they bring stuff out . It's a whole new normal for sure and sadly only the very beginning. I've also noticed the Construction workers I run into ..most think this is a elderly problem only and everyone should be working as normal other then them. So definitely still people out there not taking this seriously. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

@showmethesnow I went to the Home Depot up your way on Eisenhower dr. Sunday to get electrical supplies and they are definitely taking lots of precautions.  I noticed in the paint section they stacked up 3 rows of orange 5 gallon buckets all around that main paint mixing center which totally encapsulates the worker - pretty crazy but dont blame them.  They also put tables in front of the cash registers and have a person guarding entrance and exit so u go strait in and strait out . My main electrical supply house in Timonium we are not allowed inside anymore.  We have to call ahead and they bring stuff out . It's a whole new normal for sure and sadly only the very beginning. I've also noticed the Construction workers I run into ..most think this is a elderly problem only and everyone should be working as normal other then them. So definitely still people out there not taking this seriously. 

Pretty much in bunker mode here. Went out yesterday for a quick trip to Turkey Hill for milk but besides that my wife and I have been home since last Tuesday afternoon. So am not really sure what measures are being put in place locally besides what my neighbor tells me over the fence and our local community boards. Pretty much stocked up (for a month+ of self enforced exile) on most of our needs 5-6 weeks ago when it was obvious there was probably going to be issues headed our way. Will be contingent on how the virus evolves here but right now I am planning on making a quick weekly trip to the grocery store for a few perishables but if things get bad I can forgo that. Getting bored as crap but at least we are getting some much needed work done around the house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

@PDIII While I do find your posts entertaining I have unfortunately encountered a side effect I wasn't expecting. I have found my IQ drops a couple of points after each one of your posts. I never knew that there was such a thing as a neg. IQ. But lough and behold I think I have now achieved it after your last several posts. 

I talk about this in group therapy last night... I put it all out there.. that I thought I was going nuts.. that I felt like I was the only person in the world who thought the way I did.. they set me up with an appointment with a nurse practitioner to put me in Suboxone and maybe adjust the mood stabilizer.. so we will see what happens..

in the mean time.. I need to focus on work.. I two full time jobs and one part time job and I am falling behind on all of them!

BTW.. I was watching on youtube last night and the hospitals are like ghost towns in NYC.. I would link you but youtube took down the video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, PDIII said:

I talk about this in group therapy last night... I put it all out there.. that I thought I was going nuts.. that I felt like I was the only person in the world who thought the way I did.. they set me up with an appointment with a nurse practitioner to put me in Suboxone and maybe adjust the mood stabilizer.. so we will see what happens..

in the mean time.. I need to focus on work.. I two full time jobs and one part time job and I am falling behind on all of them!

BTW.. I was watching on youtube last night and the hospitals are like ghost towns in NYC.. I would link you but youtube took down the video.

Might I suggest you take a hiatus from the computer and the TV and the news they bring? You seem to have come too emotionally invested in this virus and it shows. This seems to be quite obvious from your disjointed, conspiratorial and often contradictory postings of late. Take a break for a few days and try to get your head back on straight.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Pretty much in bunker mode here. Went out yesterday for a quick trip to Turkey Hill for milk but besides that my wife and I have been home since last Tuesday afternoon. So am not really sure what measures are being put in place locally besides what my neighbor tells me over the fence and our local community boards. Pretty much stocked up (for a month+ of self enforced exile) on most of our needs 5-6 weeks ago when it was obvious there was probably going to be issues headed our way. Will be contingent on how the virus evolves here but right now I am planning on making a quick weekly trip to the grocery store for a few perishables but if things get bad I can forgo that. Getting bored as crap but at least we are getting some much needed work done around the house.

Your neighbor Wilson??

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, PDIII said:

Jerry Falwell seems to be the only one with any sense in this situation

you should go to to school, take some classes, report back. 

16 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Yeah.  I don't think there's necessarily a *huge* difference from what the orders were before, other than now this gives authority to enforce it if people are blatantly violating.  I'd be frustrated if I were him, too.  You can still go out for necessities, exercise, that sort of thing.  That's mostly all I've done myself the past couple or so weeks.  I think they also still have some carry-out at various restaurants...order ahead and pick it up.  I've done that a couple of times, too, just to at least still patronize some places to help keep them afloat.

Like I said before...yes, this sucks and nobody likes it.  But it's what needs to be done if we're to have some chance of curtailing things somewhat.

correct. hogan is going to enforce it now because too many aren't taking it seriously. see PD3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mersky, stop posting

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, supernovasky said:

If anyone needs some good news on COVID, 5th day in a row with deceleration in cases. Flattening the curve is working.

 

hNB0ThU.png

 

(source is Worldometers)

That's a start ie not seeing exponentially growing new cases past few days. But I believe the chart I'm posting from the same source is where most agencies look when referencing the flattening of the curve no? Not debating as I agree slowing the daily new cases is step 1 to getting the chart I posted the begin flattening. We really need to start seeing more recoveries. Hospitals still getting overwhelmed in the hot spots with ~19-20k new cases per day and fewer than 1000 recoveries.

20200331_082249.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hit a deer yesterday morning. All the years of living here with deer everywhere, I had never hit one. A few close calls. Anyway I have a leased vehicle that has to be turned in in 2 months, so I am getting it repaired hopefully the end of this week. Friend of mine has a "do all" car repair business, but the core business is auto body repair. Family run place, and they are usually swamped because they do excellent work. His business is down significantly now, but he has enough to keep all his employees working.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't really stepped into this much vocally (there are lots on here that look way more indepth to this and have added some great info) but while the deceleration in the rate of the increasing number of daily new cases is a good thing to see... that might just be that only so many people are being tested in a day. I mean we all know that there are probably millions who already have it (I know... not exactly big news (limited testing availability)). But the daily death rate is probably more representative of how things are shaping up here.

This, of course, is just my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I hit a deer yesterday morning. All the years of living here with deer everywhere, I had never hit one. A few close calls. Anyway I have a leased vehicle that has to be turned in in 2 months, so I am getting it repaired hopefully the end of this week. Friend of mine has a "do all" car repair business, but the core business is auto body repair. Family run place, and they are usually swamped because they do excellent work. His business is down significantly now, but he has enough to keep all his employees working.

Did you see the " Mothman" right before you hit the deer :yikes:.

I've actually hit deer 4 different times . Guess I'm a magnet lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, showmethesnow said:

Pretty much in bunker mode here. Went out yesterday for a quick trip to Turkey Hill for milk but besides that my wife and I have been home since last Tuesday afternoon. So am not really sure what measures are being put in place locally besides what my neighbor tells me over the fence and our local community boards. Pretty much stocked up (for a month+ of self enforced exile) on most of our needs 5-6 weeks ago when it was obvious there was probably going to be issues headed our way. Will be contingent on how the virus evolves here but right now I am planning on making a quick weekly trip to the grocery store for a few perishables but if things get bad I can forgo that. Getting bored as crap but at least we are getting some much needed work done around the house.

I manage a Grocery store up your way and we have put many things in place over the last 2 weeks trying to keep our customers and store associates safe.

**** plexi glass installed at each register.

**** face shields available for associates.

**** practicing 6 foot social distancing in the store and especially at the registers  

**** cleaning the register belts between each order

***** dedicated cleaning and sanitizing associates from open to close cleaning high touch items/areas every hour. ( freezer door handles, cart handles, pin pads, etc)

**** removing hand baskets and small shopping carts from the sales floor. Only using large shopping carts help maintain 6 ft distancing.

**** removing perimeter displays to  help maintain 6 ft distancing. 

 

Coming into contact with hundreds or thousands of strangers everyday can be a little scary but people gotta eat lol.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mappy said:

Mersky, stop posting

Judging from the quality of his posts that don’t get deleted I can’t imagine what the ones that do look like...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

Pretty much in bunker mode here. Went out yesterday for a quick trip to Turkey Hill for milk but besides that my wife and I have been home since last Tuesday afternoon. So am not really sure what measures are being put in place locally besides what my neighbor tells me over the fence and our local community boards. Pretty much stocked up (for a month+ of self enforced exile) on most of our needs 5-6 weeks ago when it was obvious there was probably going to be issues headed our way. Will be contingent on how the virus evolves here but right now I am planning on making a quick weekly trip to the grocery store for a few perishables but if things get bad I can forgo that. Getting bored as crap but at least we are getting some much needed work done around the house.

That’s pretty much how we are handling it too. My wife, myself, and our son all have asthma so we’re not playing around or taking any chances. It’s just not worth it. Stay safe!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Hey man,

I just needed to press @nw baltimore wx on his gubernatorial platform. If he’s not bringing me snow I don’t want what he’s selling. HECS or bust. 

I’ve selected my running mate who, in spite of his appearance, has a warm and generous disposition.

image.png.7365b4503a3ce9227420fe2efe46a34e.png
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I manage a Grocery store up your way and we have put many things in place over the last 2 weeks trying to keep our customers and store associates safe.

**** plexi glass installed at each register.

**** face shields available for associates.

**** practicing 6 foot social distancing in the store and especially at the registers  

**** cleaning the register belts between each order

***** dedicated cleaning and sanitizing associates from open to close cleaning high touch items/areas every hour. ( freezer door handles, cart handles, pin pads, etc)

**** removing hand baskets and small shopping carts from the sales floor. Only using large shopping carts help maintain 6 ft distancing.

**** removing perimeter displays to  help maintain 6 ft distancing. 

 

Coming into contact with hundreds or thousands of strangers everyday can be a little scary but people gotta eat lol.

Weis? Neighbor had mentioned the precautions they had put in place which sound very similar to what you have described. Of course it might be standard protocol across the board at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

That’s pretty much how we are handling it too. My wife, myself, and our son all have asthma so we’re not playing around or taking any chances. It’s just not worth it. Stay safe!

You too as well. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Judging from the quality of his posts that don’t get deleted I can’t imagine what the ones that do look like...

lets just say he isn't high on anyone's list.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

And to think I tried to guide him at the start. 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a228982f2db12f3ec27

it happens. you don't know how people really are until they start posting and let their annoying true colors show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Weis? Neighbor had mentioned the precautions they had put in place which sound very similar to what you have described. Of course it might be standard protocol across the board at this point.

Food Lion

Pretty much everyone across the industry is implementing these protocols. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got some clarification on weather or not we can go and see my daughters pony. But also she sees a therapist for anxiety. She has a Telehealth appt on Thrusday, and going to ask if she can get us a letter stating that seeing her pony is an essential part of her weekly therapy. It is not something I am making up it truly helps her get through her anxiety which is triggered my change. I probably do not need it but I like to cover all my bases. 

Maryland State Police Superintendent Colonel Woodrow Jones III has directed troopers to continue their public education and enforcement efforts regarding the Governor’s Executive Orders and last night issued specific instructions regarding the stay-at-home order. Those instructions are as follows:

- Enforcement of the expanded Governor’s Executive Order will be conducted by Maryland state troopers. However, troopers will not make traffic stops simply to ask drivers where they are going to determine if their travel is essential or not.

- If, in the course of the regular performance of his/her duties, such as during a crash investigation or a traffic stop, the trooper develops information indicating the individual was engaged in non-essential travel, enforcement action can be taken, in consultation with the state’s attorney’s office in that jurisdiction.

- While it is not necessary for drivers in Maryland to have documentation about the purpose of travel, having such documentation may help resolve questions.

- Troopers will continue to initiate enforcement action when a business or group of more than 10 people is observed in violation of the Governor’s Executive Order.

- The Order does not prohibit people from going to the store to get groceries or prescriptions, seeking medical attention at an urgent care facility, getting cleaning or laundry supplies. In addition, the Order does not prevent people from going out to get necessities for pets or other livestock.

- The Order allows for travel to care for a family member, friend, pets, etc. Citizens are also permitted to travel for transporting family, friends, pet or livestock for essential health and safety activities.

- The Order also allows for travel to and from an educational institution to receive meals or instructional materials for distance learning.

- The Order allows for outdoor exercise activities (done in accordance to with social distancing guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and crowd gatherings of 10 people or less. However, such actives may not be done at a park that has been closed by state or local government.

- Restaurants can be visited if obtaining food for carry-out or drive-thru only.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still enough traffic out there driving from Dundalk to Timonium. Deff not a lot of people at the park but enough to keep me employed lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Finally got some clarification on weather or not we can go and see my daughters pony. But also she sees a therapist for anxiety. She has a Telehealth appt on Thrusday, and going to ask if she can get us a letter stating that seeing her pony is an essential part of her weekly therapy. It is not something I am making up it truly helps her get through her anxiety which is triggered my change. I probably do not need it but I like to cover all my bases. 

Maryland State Police Superintendent Colonel Woodrow Jones III has directed troopers to continue their public education and enforcement efforts regarding the Governor’s Executive Orders and last night issued specific instructions regarding the stay-at-home order. Those instructions are as follows:

- Enforcement of the expanded Governor’s Executive Order will be conducted by Maryland state troopers. However, troopers will not make traffic stops simply to ask drivers where they are going to determine if their travel is essential or not.

- If, in the course of the regular performance of his/her duties, such as during a crash investigation or a traffic stop, the trooper develops information indicating the individual was engaged in non-essential travel, enforcement action can be taken, in consultation with the state’s attorney’s office in that jurisdiction.

- While it is not necessary for drivers in Maryland to have documentation about the purpose of travel, having such documentation may help resolve questions.

- Troopers will continue to initiate enforcement action when a business or group of more than 10 people is observed in violation of the Governor’s Executive Order.

- The Order does not prohibit people from going to the store to get groceries or prescriptions, seeking medical attention at an urgent care facility, getting cleaning or laundry supplies. In addition, the Order does not prevent people from going out to get necessities for pets or other livestock.

- The Order allows for travel to care for a family member, friend, pets, etc. Citizens are also permitted to travel for transporting family, friends, pet or livestock for essential health and safety activities.

- The Order also allows for travel to and from an educational institution to receive meals or instructional materials for distance learning.

- The Order allows for outdoor exercise activities (done in accordance to with social distancing guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and crowd gatherings of 10 people or less. However, such actives may not be done at a park that has been closed by state or local government.

- Restaurants can be visited if obtaining food for carry-out or drive-thru only.

Thanks for the info. I been trying to tell people that those points are the case but people get crazy thinking they’ll get pulled over just for going out the house. It’s not feasible to do that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.