Total Members
    Most Online
    WIanBW
    Newest Member
    WIanBW
George BM

March Banter 2020

9 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

That may fall under essential. It would if I was governor, after all, horses are people too. Better than a lot of people I know too.

Thank you for declaring your candidacy. I’m a single issue voter.

What is your position on blowing the mountains and building a giant heated lake that increases seasonal snow by a factor of 40?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Where do you see the not traveling across state lines?

she may have misspoke. Hogan has encouraged people not to go to other states. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mappy said:

I just read the actual order and it says nothing about crossing state lines specifically.  It also says that caring for pets and livestock is an essential activity.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

I just read the actual order and it says nothing about crossing state lines specifically.  It also says that caring for pets and livestock is an essential activity.  

he had mentioned it during his presser on TV

Oh thank god. My child has visitation with his other parent in Virginia and is currently there. This parent has a history of withholding my son, I had to get a court order to get him back several months ago.

The Virginia order specifically says that child custody and visitation isn't affected.

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, mappy said:

This was in the Baltimore Sun

The order takes effect at 8 p.m. The governor said the ban includes restrictions on traveling outside of the state and riding public transportation.

1 minute ago, Mrs.J said:

The order takes effect at 8 p.m. The governor said the ban includes restrictions on traveling outside of the state and riding public transportation.

i dont think they will make you turn around at the VA border to go home. but they may stop you asking what your business is. just be prepared

Just now, mappy said:

i dont think they will make you turn around at the VA border to go home. but they may stop you asking what your business is. just be prepared

I doubt much changes immediately, but as time goes on and as cases go up, yeah... checkpoints seem like a real possibility.

Just now, supernovasky said:

I doubt much changes immediately, but as time goes on and as cases go up, yeah... checkpoints seem like a real possibility.

I've watched every one of Hogan's pressers and his frustrations by people going out and socializing has grown since week 1. i'm not surprised he went with an official stay at home order. it comes with hefty penalties, so i hope people take it seriously.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, supernovasky said:

?

Just now, mappy said:

I've watched every one of Hogan's pressers and his frustrations by people going out and socializing has grown since week 1. i'm not surprised he went with an official stay at home order. it comes with hefty penalties, so i hope people take it seriously.

Same. I've stayed inside my house with my son every single day except for visitation pickups and dropoffs.

Checkpoints would be when this gets real... imagine being stopped crossing the American Legion Bridge. Tough to imagine.

Just now, supernovasky said:

States in various parts of the country are doing interstate checkpoints and asking travelers why they are traveling.

I highly doubt Hogan would do that. 

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

?

There’s a national guard checkpoint at the RI border up here. It’s pretty crazy. The gov of NY threatened to sue RI because they were (likely unconstitutionally imo) targeting New Yorkers. Now they’re checking broadly. 

27 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Here is the order.  Maybe I’m missing it but  I don’t see any separate restrictions on crossing state lines.  

https://governor.maryland.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Gatherings-FOURTH-AMENDED-3.30.20.pdf

4 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

Here is the order.  Maybe I’m missing it but  I don’t see any separate restrictions on crossing state lines.  

https://governor.maryland.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Gatherings-FOURTH-AMENDED-3.30.20.pdf

we already cleared that up. he mentioned during his presser that he strongly encouraged people not to go to other states. 

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Thank you for declaring your candidacy. I’m a single issue voter.

What is your position on blowing the mountains and building a giant heated lake that increases seasonal snow by a factor of 40?

What is your plan for cooling the atmosphere?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

we already cleared that up. he mentioned during his presser that he strongly encouraged people not to go to other states. 

Ok.  Makes sense.  Virginia just put out a similar order.  There are so many exceptions though.  For example, we can still go fishing.  

Just now, jaydreb said:

Ok.  Makes sense.  Virginia just put out a similar order.  There are so many exceptions though.  For example, we can still go fishing.  

parks are still open in MD too

1 minute ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

What is your plan for cooling the atmosphere?

Ok now hear me out. 

1. Trillions of tons of dry ice fired into the 850-925mb column.

2. Establish a trade deal with Canada to import snow to cool off surface temps. 

Let it snow. :snowing:

• Haha 5
  • Weenie 1

Jerry Falwell seems to be the only one with any sense in this situation

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Yeah.  I don't think there's necessarily a *huge* difference from what the orders were before, other than now this gives authority to enforce it if people are blatantly violating.  I'd be frustrated if I were him, too.  You can still go out for necessities, exercise, that sort of thing.  That's mostly all I've done myself the past couple or so weeks.  I think they also still have some carry-out at various restaurants...order ahead and pick it up.  I've done that a couple of times, too, just to at least still patronize some places to help keep them afloat.

Like I said before...yes, this sucks and nobody likes it.  But it's what needs to be done if we're to have some chance of curtailing things somewhat.

29 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Ok now hear me out. 

1. Trillions of tons of dry ice fired into the 850-925mb column.

2. Establish a trade deal with Canada to import snow to cool off surface temps. 

Let it snow. :snowing:

You could also release the @Jebman (Kraken??), waving his vaunted shovel around, he'll be sure to keep things plenty cold!! :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Yeah.  I don't think there's necessarily a *huge* difference from what the orders were before, other than now this gives authority to enforce it if people are blatantly violating.  I'd be frustrated if I were him, too.  You can still go out for necessities, exercise, that sort of thing.  That's mostly all I've done myself the past couple or so weeks.  I think they also still have some carry-out at various restaurants...order ahead and pick it up.  I've done that a couple of times, too, just to at least still patronize some places to help keep them afloat.

Like I said before...yes, this sucks and nobody likes it.  But it's what needs to be done if we're to have some chance of curtailing things somewhat.

I was about to say the same thing.  It's confusing with too many exceptions to be enforceable.   

I guess when a gathering gets too big the police can disperse it. But they really can't enforce it on individuals taking a ride or a walk.