• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 26-29 Synoptic/LES

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Probably splitting hairs at this point but I like what the HRRR and 3k NAM try to do with that big band. I’d take my chances with an unmanned fire hose over seeing a persistent band north of us. Of course, in an ideal world the fire hose locks in right over us. Sorry Watertown peeps :P 

Absolutely.  When I mentioned the bolded earlier, thats what my thoughts were as well.  Let that bad boy spray and it gets everyone into something, but not likely one steady streamer just parked over Montague/Carthage or northern local where they get 36'' and just to the north and south 6-12".  If you've ever snowmobiled up there, it is almost surreal to be in one area that you can barely get around w/ so much snow, and then within 15 min ride....your almost searching for it to get through.  It's really something to witness if you have the chance.

I was up there around 10ish years back when they got 11' from a multi day event.  I have pics if I can find them, I'll post them.  

Cams looking good....even here in northern PA.  Hope it piles up big for yall.

Nut

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Can you believe I’ve never snowmobiled? I have to someday.

Dude...I'm telling ya.  You MUST do it.  SOOO fun.

If you go to Brantingham, they used to rent them (Kovach's I think).  Then stop across the street and have a pint at the Pine Tree for me (and feed the deer).  God I love that place.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’ll tell you what, LES tracking ain’t for the faint of heart. Is there anything supporting 32” in Watertown? lol 

Edit: it’s also odd to have the expected total higher than the expected range.

Now imagine living here :P

Guess I gotta take the good with the bad lol

7 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

I got lucky with this one , picking up 9" at the tail end..But it was originally forecasted Westerly over me and Matt..

G_label.png

Another one that was a pretty big bust..

E_label.png

I remember the 2nd event well because the next day we had a light wind event from the same(reorganized) band and it missed him again:lol: Sry matt

F_label (1).png

16 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Yeah, that’s the attitude I usually take. Missing out by just a few miles would be tough to endure year after year. 

That was a great one for me lol. Watertown got smoked right at the end. It was an amazing combination of cold, wind, and snow. 

Although I’m sure the Tug and areas between Sandy Creek and Adams are piling up the numbers, this main band doesn’t look all that impressive. It looks choppy and disorganized. 

This was the big band in 2019. Still early, but whole different animal IMO.
QUXCxcI.jpg

This band will make that one look weak overnight.

• Thanks 1