• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PaulG
    Newest Member
    PaulG

March 2020 disc/obs

42 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

BTW, yesterday was the anniversary of a sick nor’easter. Blue hills gusted to over 100 mph and the interior got buried with over 20” in ORH county. Even eastern areas had TSSN.  As a side note, it ripped a plume of Tippy Sonoran heat and got Brownsville TX to 106 the day prior. It probably helped fuel it. There was also a major tornado outbreak in the Carolinas. The 80s sucked for winters overall, but there were notable late season storms. 

1984?

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yep sorry, all that and I didn’t even mention the date. :lol:    

I was living on the beach then. Epic. WST gusted to 85. Waves were 20 ft plus. The next day we found thousands of sea clams on the beach.  We had clam everthing for months.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I was living on the beach then. Epic. WST gusted to 85. Waves were 20 ft plus. The next day we found thousands of sea clams on the beach.  We had clam everthing for months.

Any bearded ones?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

That's awesome, I'd never read about that one.

For some of you older weather watchers... what the hell is a "stockman's advisory"?  Has to do with livestock?

Stockman's advisories for cold rain, snow and blustery winds were issued for parts of Utah, Colorado, Kansas and Nebraska.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That's awesome, I'd never read about that one.

For some of you older weather watchers... what the hell is a "stockman's advisory"?  Has to do with livestock?

Stockman's advisories for cold rain, snow and blustery winds were issued for parts of Utah, Colorado, Kansas and Nebraska.

Yep

Typical late March/early Napril weather. Sounds great to me.  beats freezing cold, cutter, freezing cold etc. winter crap. we'll be ripping up 60's and 70's soon enough

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

12 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Typical late March/early Napril weather. Sounds great to me.  beats freezing cold, cutter, freezing cold etc. winter crap. we'll be ripping up 60's and 70's soon enough

Typical = gross.      Give me COC or give me snow.       At least this rain is giving temporary relief to my allergies

• Like 1

Thunder heard. 

Looking forward to summertime t-storms.

46 degrees with a cold rain falling here...

Radar shows the heavier stuff to my south (and lightningmaps.org confirms that's where the lightning is).

• Like 1

37.8/33. I can see the cloud deck, so I assume it's falling as rain, but it's likely snowing down to about 2000' on MWN based on their temperature profile. Unfortunately the base lodge cam at Wildcat is down.

2 minutes ago, MarkO said:

37.8/33. I can see the cloud deck, so I assume it's falling as rain, but it's likely snowing down to about 2000' on MWN based on their temperature profile. Unfortunately the base lodge cam at Wildcat is down.

Nah...the sounding's probably thermally straight up to 700 mb... 37 putrid butt-bangin' hell -

It's amazing leaf out ever happens in this hemispheric scaled, meat-locker tuck geography called New England

38 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Nah...the sounding's probably thermally straight up to 700 mb... 37 putrid butt-bangin' hell -

It's amazing leaf out ever happens in this hemispheric scaled, meat-locker tuck geography called New England

MWN is 19F with SNIP and what are they? About 825mb?