• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    maley.chris78@gmail.com
    Newest Member
    [email protected]

02/21/20 Snow Potential

3km NAM also shifted north... not as much as the 12km NAM... but gets snow up to just about DC

ETA:  Can see the big shift north with the snow accum map lol (on PW)

I already regret the above post.

Either way... I’m officially beyond interested as a joke. Couple more north bumps and I’ve got my second best event of the year.

If it was us in the jackpot zone, we’d be sweating these north trends a little bit.

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Either way... I’m officially beyond interested as a joke. Couple more north bumps and I’ve got my second best event of the year.

If it was us in the jackpot zone, we’d be sweating these north trends a little bit.

I was casually interested, now I’m a bit more than casually interested, but with the way this winter has gone, I won’t feel great about it til it melts Saturday, lol. Been some good North bumps so far, Here’s hoping they continue.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I am and I am.

9 minutes ago, yoda said:

3km NAM also shifted north... not as much as the 12km NAM... but gets snow up to just about DC

ETA:  Can see the big shift north with the snow accum map lol (on PW)

It doesn’t get snow up to DC but yeah it’s  further north. 

Just now, wawarriors4 said:

I was casually interested, now I’m a bit more than casually interested, but with the way this winter has gone, I won’t feel great about it til it melts Saturday, lol. Been some good North bumps so far, Here’s hoping they continue.

Yes it’s been awful, but not a “now you see a storm, now you don’t” awful. It’s just been nothingness. Here is something at least.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I'll be here for you when the inevitable happens.   

Anybody buying into this is brave.  Crazy.  But brave.  And I salute you.    I'll be around for the counseling.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

That's probably why he said "just about" DC.  

the south trends start tomorrow right? We never get what we need...like ever

1 minute ago, Ji said:

the south trends start tomorrow right? We never get what we need...like ever

lol, the north trend is done.  The south trend will either start at 6z or just never happen and we're just smoking high cirrus.   For real tho, I can't even believe there's a thread for this.  But I understand...it's slim pickings.  

8 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I'll be here for you when the inevitable happens.   

Anybody buying into this is brave.  Crazy.  But brave.  And I salute you.    I'll be around for the counseling.  

I’m so pessimistic on this whole thing, but what else is there to track so.....all in I guess

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

lol, the north trend is done.  The south trend will either start at 6z or just never happen and we're just smoking high cirrus.   For real tho, I can't even believe there's a thread for this.  But I understand...it's slim pickings.  

i knew this would happen. we would get all these NW storms and a southern slider. IN the worst winter ever before this one(01-02) there was southern slider that gave Norfolk 14 inches and we got clouds

Guys this was the forecast by accuweather within 36 hours of the 2018 snowstorm. They were calling for maybe 1-2” in Charlottesville and 1” for Richmond. As you can see Charlottesville got around 12” inches and Richmond got around 12” inches as well. Heavy snowfall even got into Colonial Beach. 

(Things can and will CHANGE and this is a great example of that.)

#weenies 

6DEA71CF-D888-49DD-B93C-D459A614277E.jpeg

F9552F3B-AA93-48E9-8030-49994D1B9CB9.png

• Weenie 2

The Great Beethoven just made an appearance in the SE forum.  We'll be talking about it in hushed whispers for many years to come.

• Haha 2

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the NAM is the model that sniffed out the snowstorm we had in Richmond on Dec10 2018.  It was head and shoulders above the others. Even I was weary at the time, but the NAM nailed it. We received 13” just east of RIC. Not saying it’s correct, but worth noting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

The Great Beethoven just made an appearance in the SE forum.  We'll be talking about it in hushed whispers for many years to come.

No kidding. He acts like he owns the place. 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Siberian-Snowcover-Myth said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the NAM is the model that sniffed out the snowstorm we had in Richmond on Dec10 2018.  It was head and shoulders above the others. Even I was weary at the time, but the NAM nailed it. We received 13” just east of RIC. Not saying it’s correct, but worth noting.

100%. Cept it was Dec 9th 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

It is his 250th birthday year, after all...

37 minutes ago, Snowchaser said:

Thankful it’s the ICON and not the GFS.

the ICON did horrible for that storm in 2018 

ICONic timing, the GFS just came in south compared to the 18z run

• Haha 1