• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Winter Storm 2/6-2/7 OBS

6 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Was looking at the GOES imagery.. the College of Dupage site has an overlay for lightning strikes. It looks like it picked up a strike SE of KBGM around 1556z (1056am) along with another one around the same timeframe in NE PA. 

That is a really cool shot. Thanks for sharing, Mike!

I just took a 6 hour snow measurement and got 4.8 inches.  Added to 2.5 inches at 7 gives me 7.3 inches for the storm so far.  The snow started around 5 AM so it’s been snowing for 8 hours which averages about an inch an hour. Snowfall intensity has decreased recently. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PaulyFromPlattsburgh said:

I want to add a photo but is said exceed max total size . So frustrating anyone know solution?

Make sure your attachments aren't full..

My photos are usually to large as well, so I screenshot the photo and crop it lol Works most of the time..

1 minute ago, wolfie09 said:

Make sure your attachments aren't full..

My photos are usually to large as well, so I screenshot the photo and crop it lol Works most of the time..

I've discovered when putting on photos with my phone it will give you the option of small, medium, large, and actual size...  and selecting even medium or large will drastically reduce the filesize of the image. The quality is less if you zoom in on it or something, but I know it's annoying trying to decide which old pictures to clear out of the attachments bc if you delete a past pic it will also take it out of the post you put it in. 

• Thanks 2

Just measured 3.5-4” on the west side of Monroe county. Hoping we can get another inch or two from lake effect but that might be a stretch.  Feeling a bit underwhelmed but I knew Roc was riding the edge. Still feels good to see the whole forum in on some kind of action with a few people catching a monster event! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Just measured 3.5-4” on the west side of Monroe county. Hoping we can get another inch or two from lake effect but that might be a stretch.  Feeling a bit underwhelmed but I knew Roc was riding the edge. Still feels good to see the whole forum in on some kind of action with a few people catching a monster event! 

Farther East track won out. The normal NW shift didn't happen....lol

Roads look very messy on webcams I checked out.

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

Farther East track won out. The normal NW shift didn't happen....lol

Roads look very messy on webcams I checked out.

As OSU mentioned, this is most likely why. 

"It's a wave ripping up an existing baroclinic zone so it's not as intense as the slp implies. It's not like a single low exploding to the south and tracking to the ne." 

It's a different setup on what usually happens in going further NW within 24 hours. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, PaulyFromPlattsburgh said:

I want to add a photo but is said exceed max total size . So frustrating anyone know solution?

I'll post a photo to Facebook, then quickly right click and save it, and if it's something I didn't want of Facebook, I'll quickly delete the post. It'll drastically reduce the file size without compromising too much quality. Then it's small enough to attach here on AMWX.

6 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I'll post a photo to Facebook, then quickly right click and save it, and if it's something I didn't want of Facebook, I'll quickly delete the post. It'll drastically reduce the file size without compromising too much quality. Then it's small enough to attach here on AMWX.

It’s crazy that we have to go through all that to attach an image. Wish they could change that. 

1 minute ago, DeltaT13 said:

You don’t see this often. Good news for you Buffaloweather.

Avalanche risk in the adirondacks

https://www.news10.com/news/nys-dec-warns-of-avalanche-risk-in-high-peaks-region-of-the-adirondacks/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_WTEN

Bad news for me! When is this for? I’m going up there tommorow. High peaks skiing. 15 minutes from my house up the mountain 

7 minutes ago, PaulyFromPlattsburgh said:

weather channel just said this the lowest recorded pressure since sandy in NY state ! Wow

I think we bottomed out right around 29.00 - far from a record.  The lowest pressure must have been in the lower Hudson Valley where the low pressure center was located.