Total Members
    Most Online
    BlckJckKhoWX
    Newest Member
    BlckJckKhoWX
40/70 Benchmark

NYE Mess Obs

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Good drain going on from just outside 495 in the ASH to Tip in Ayer to just north of ORH corridor. Looks like it just hit Holden on the mesonet sites....Jefferson site went from 32 to 29 in like 20 minutes just now. Should be hitting north side of ORH soon. 

Models did pretty good with the temps earlier today but they eventually missed starting this evening...delayed but not denied on the "unmodeled" cold drain. 

Still just north of me.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Little snow mixing back in with sleet here.

The boundaries been struggling to reach the border today for whatever reason. I was 32f most of the afternoon while the northside of town was 28-29f. Its since moved through and I'm down to 28f. Some of the meso stations in salem have been bouncing back and forth as oscillates 

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Still just north of me.

Yeah it's kind of stalled to your northwest...having trouble making that push across 93. We'll see if it can do that in the next hour or two with the last push of higher pressures. They start to fall again after 9-10pm...though even when they fall, sometimes they'll really tug that flow more ageostrophic for a time. 

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

4” of the densest white material you’ll ever see.  Has to be 5:1 ratios of this sleet/snow mixture.  

Has the appeal of a much larger winter storm based on the plow piles.  Probably 0.8” water in 4” of accumulation.  

Big aggregates mixed with IP now.  

This stuff will be around for a while... true man pack stuff.

Somewhere between 3” & 4” here. I was thinking the exact same thing about how it looks like a much bigger storm. Good base for those of us who can’t make their own. Hopefully we can add some and kick start winter again. 

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Guy disappears all month when the snow was south. Now it’s webcam pics of a burly Maine man nude in snow. 

I’ve met Jeff and now your description is seared into my head. I may have trouble sleeping tonight. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, alex said:

It's like a damn blizzard out there. Snow coming down pretty heavily but it goes in every direction and doesn't stick to anything. I hate wind

We coast. Embrace wind.

lol...just went to melt down the w.e. from my sleet core and poured the hot water in from the inner tube before even reading how much I put in. What a friggin idiot. I don’t think I’ve ever done that before in 25 years of measuring. Guess I’ll have to take a core from the back of the truck and subtract out what I had earlier. There’s the scientific method for ya.

1 minute ago, #NoPoles said:

This is just too amazing for words, I'm legit the only place that isnt snow

IMG_4391.png

Just like in Plymouth when you see the only place not getting snow.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

lol...just went to melt down the w.e. from my sleet core and poured the hot water in from the inner tube before even reading how much I put in. What a friggin idiot. I don’t think I’ve ever done that before in 25 years of measuring. Guess I’ll have to take a core from the back of the truck and subtract out what I had earlier. There’s the scientific method for ya.

I have a small pot i use and put the core in there and melt it on low heat so i don't forget how much hot water i used to melt it........lol

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

How do you do W.E.? How do you melt it down? I thought about doing it, but I feel like it’s futile around here with drifting.

10 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

I'm just to the east of the intersection of rt 3 and 302

So you’re in one of those orographic areas of permanent low CC?

CF4BBAAC-8E40-4899-8FA9-BAB54B0AB9D8.gif

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

How do you do W.E.? How do you melt it down? I thought about doing it, but I feel like it’s futile around here with drifting.

I just measure hot water into the inner tube and pour it into the core. Then I measure all of that back into the inner (may have to add a few together in larger samples) and subtract out what I added in. This is all using the stratus of course.

• Like 1