• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Chicago12
    Newest Member
    Chicago12

12/10-11/19 Potential Valley Wide Snow Event.

Cold rain here in Unicoi county. COngrats on all seeing snow!  Honestly NAM and HRRR have both done poorly with QPF and TEMPS.

Watch this loop on HRRR. Temps and precip rates have trended colder and heavier up until hour 1.

This has been the case every. single. run today and I fully expect it to continue into the evening and Eastern TN. 

hrrr_ref_frzn_seus_fh1_trend.thumb.gif.605e342b84800c7f8c2550fa93840705.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mixed sleet and snow; temp is 1 Celsius in Madison, AL. Temps dropping and plenty of moisture headed our way. Huntsville NWS almost always calls it right but they might have missed this one. No WWA yet...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

And now.....

the fatties.....

are being ripped!!!!

Hey man that's great!  Is it snowing as well?  :D

Currently sleeting on UT campus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Sleet in East Brainerd (Chattanooga) which matches official KCHA ob. I'm falling out of my chair, winter precip actually made it into the valley floor / Chattanooga proper, lol!

Nothing sticking. I wasn't even checking until I heard it on a north facing window. I'm still recovering from almost falling out of my chair. :D

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Sleet in East Brainerd (Chattanooga) which matches official KCHA ob. I'm falling out of my chair, winter precip actually made it into the valley floor / Chattanooga proper, lol!
Nothing sticking. I wasn't even checking until I heard it on a north facing window. I'm still recovering from almost falling out of my chair. 
Lol...congrats.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Not sure how accurate the future radar options are but across wbir.com & weather.com as well as my weather app they all show the snow backfilling into the evening, I did read in the MRX discussion something about this as well.  Any possibility the valley will bust high on this?

Driving from CLT to Nashville today.  Thought I would pass along this pic from a few hours ago up on the plateau near Cookeville.  Pretty good snow event going on up there.

81C30F91-4338-4A2C-9FF7-EDD6678A4633.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I usually dont pick on MRX, but I'm not sure where they are getting their temp readings in the AFD

"Likewise, valley locations have fallen off nicely as well with CHA currently seeing RA at 41 degrees, RA and 42 at TYS"

I’m just baffled at MRX. I’m not saying they should be calling for several inches of snow but my new point and click calls for the changeover at 9pm and it’s been snowing some for an hour now.

1 minute ago, TellicoWx said:

I usually dont pick on MRX, but I'm not sure where they are getting their temp readings in the AFD

"Likewise, valley locations have fallen off nicely as well with CHA currently seeing RA at 41 degrees, RA and 42 at TYS"

They quoted 13:53 ET obs. TYS fell to 39, CHA to 37, and TRI to 43.

I think MRX is a little gun shy after the past two events have been complete busts for them.  

I didn’t bust on the last one. In fact if anything I busted over.

• Like 1

Nothing sticking. I wasn't even checking until I heard it on a north facing window. I'm still recovering from almost falling out of my chair. 
Erin Thomas posted a tweet in downtown Chatty...almost enough for a snow/slush ball lolb265a20cb81c39c2b59b3f706e32edb6.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1