Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, weatherwiz said:

Is the RGEM doing anything with the CCB? Based on the structure of that snow map my guess it isn't...Unless it does have it but it is not bringing it into CT and has it traversing west to east across MA. 

Best stuff on RGEM for CCB looks like NH and NE MA. Though it does have some stuff in CT but It's mostly western CT and then up into far W MA and NY st. Central and eastern CT kind of end up in a hole. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Best stuff on RGEM for CCB looks like NH and NE MA. Though it does have some stuff in CT but It's mostly western CT and then up into far W MA and NY st. Central and eastern CT kind of end up in a hole. 

Gotcha...sort of seems similar to what the GFS would indicate? Just looking at mlvls on the GFS that's something I can envision happening. 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

Wait a second...do all snow maps account for sleet in the algorithms? No wonder why they're always spitting out insane totals :lmao: :lmao: 

You can't incorporate sleet into an algorithm using a fixed ratio...especially a ratio that high. 

Where have you been the last 3 years?

• Haha 5

Just now, dendrite said:

Where have you been the last 3 years?

I only use them to just gather an illustration of the area where snow accumulations are possible...its just a glancing look too. Other than this I don't pay attention to them and just look past them whenever I see them on social media or anywhere 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Wait a second...do all snow maps account for sleet in the algorithms? No wonder why they're always spitting out insane totals :lmao: :lmao: 

You can't incorporate sleet into an algorithm using a fixed ratio...especially a ratio that high. 

Just the tropical tidbits maps. Most of the others are smart enough to exclude sleet. But they should still be taken with a grain of salt. 

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Just use the precipitation maps.  Somewhat more reliable, just not as fun or pretty.