Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Will do you believe the ULL and it’s associated WCB are still the biggest wildcard left with this system 

ULL and CCB you mean? WCB is the stuff Sunday night. ULL is def a huge wildcard. 

The WCB thump still has thermals to work out too but we can be pretty confident in a good qpf burst now with that. The qpf with the ULL is still pretty uncertain for a lot of the forum 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That to me seems very likely. Remember East inflow. The ULL qpf will be undernodeled. I can think of a bunch of ULL that went out south of LI that gon wild 

It’s a colder look too. Accept the taint (even embrace it) and hopefully we can minimize the dry air aloft when the ccb gets going. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You'd prob get 2-3" of sleet anyway on that, lol. With how thin the warm layer is, it would probably be at least 3 to 1 or 4 to 1 sleet. 

I mean, it has the Berkshires getting 3" and Albany like 7-8"...laughable. I'm not sure why Brian doesn't feel it should be tossed.

32 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

6Z euro looks better for the 2nd round as the low gets going S LI. Main focus is W areas though.

6z has the lowest amount of snow for this area in the past 36 hours of Euro modeling...however just to the west was almost double, so lets shift the whole thing to the south and east please.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I mean, it has the Berkshires getting 3" and Albany like 7-8"...laughable. I'm not sure why Brian doesn't feel it should be tossed.

Well, the Euro doesn’t really have any sleet contamination N of the CT border when there could def be some.   I would use a pinch of Nammie in my recipie.   Def not verbatim though

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You'd prob get 2-3" of sleet anyway on that, lol. With how thin the warm layer is, it would probably be at least 3 to 1 or 4 to 1 sleet. 

Probably not even cold enough aloft for nucleation...lol. It has BED reaching -2C at H65. I agree with Ray...toss that for now. The 12km is warm enough for a higher end goalpost.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

As it stands now ...yes

but if this is not a one off and a trend w thermals (where nam has lead the way numerous times ) we need to watch future runs 

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Well, the Euro doesn’t really have any sleet contamination N of the CT border when there could def be some.   I would use a pinch of Nammie in my recipie.   Def not verbatim though

I did factor it in...I said some sleet to NH...but those amounts are tossed.

Just now, dendrite said:

Probably not even cold enough aloft for nucleation...lol. It has BED reaching -2C at H65. I agree with Ray...toss that for now. The 12km is warm enough for a higher end goalpost.

-2 at 650? Lol Yeah that's tossed. I can def see pingers reaching across the NH border but I think that's in a scenario where the consequences are paid first...in the form of a huge thump in NE MA. 

• Like 1

Meh...you know how these systems go. Just when everyone things they have it figured out we get some wtf’s as it starts playing out. I’m not saying it’s right...just saying if we wake up Mon morning and it’s a peltfest up to Tippy I wouldn’t be surprised either.

Basically I lean way more on your side, but from a probabilistic perspective I give it a 5% chance. 

Just now, dendrite said:

Meh...you know how these systems go. Just when everyone things they have it figured out we get some wtf’s as it starts playing out. I’m not saying it’s right...just saying if we wake up Mon morning and it’s a peltfest up to Tippy I wouldn’t be surprised either.

Basically I lean way more on your side, but from a probabilistic perspective I give it a 5% chance. 

Gotcha.

I misunderstood you.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

-2 at 650? Lol Yeah that's tossed. I can def see pingers reaching across the NH border but I think that's in a scenario where the consequences are paid first...in the form of a huge thump in NE MA. 

It’s kinda funny to even see modeled. It’s like July up there.

image.png

• Haha 1

Just now, dendrite said:

I really only feel super confident *north* of the Pike. Latitude more important than anything in the east.... 

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The tucked in warmer look. Don’t be so snow map driven. 

I never argued with the tucked look. I have NYS jackpotting. I argued with the close off so far south, which skunked ne areas. Euro as of 00z was trending away from that with much heavier snow into Maine due to a slower maturation.

You don't understand my point.

I never argued with the tucked look. I have NYS jackpotting. I argued with the close off so far south, which skunked ne areas. Euro as of 00z was trending away from that with much heavier snow into Maine due to a slower maturation.

You don't understand my point.

I do understand your point so I hope your “models like to capture this too soon” theory works its magic here. We need it.