• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WXMal4
    Newest Member
    WXMal4
Ginx snewx

Mid October 2019 Bombogensis Coastal

Update: Previous forecast matching up with current expectations so no wholesale changes with this. Watching some rotating convective elements on KOKX radar but as these features move north into the cool sector lose their rotational features. Any severe storms will hinge on how far north warm sector can track. SPC mesoanalysis shows 0-3km CAPE remaining south of Long Island and this seems reasonable with offshore buoys in the warm sector with winds veering more to the SSE and dew pts well into the 60s. Mesoanalysis indicates secondary low bombing out near Sandy Hook NJ with pressure down to about 986 mb. However a meso low appears to be forming farther to the southeast well offshore. This meso low may pinch off warm sector and preclude better instability from advecting north. This would lower the probability of severe storms here overnight but can`t discount the risk given mesoscale processes in play here and associated low predictability. Thus will continue to monitor low top convection as it comes onshore into CT/RI and southeast MA overnight.

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Not in WNE unless they are summer convection.

Not anywhere in NE at all bro.....it’s so lame.....the biggies come out of nowhere 

Just now, LikesNaturesFury said:

I have the most stupid question. Taunton/Norton MA radar is out. Can I find a radar that is operational for this area?

BOX is doing part of the Service Life Extension Program (SLEP) and once the radar is down they can't bring it back up, it's quite literally in pieces. So you are stuck with neighboring radars of the TDWR south of Boston if you have access via RadarScope or something like that.

Just now, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

West winds are over performing currently from PHL to NYC. You guys will have plenty of wind later too

Hopefully a whole tree will come down on my house.....would love an insurance payout lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I just left BOS Air Traffic Control Tower where I work as an operations supervisor. Wind was 12024G34KT when I left and we had a few refusals for runway 4R. Otherwise unremarkable so far. I’m sure that will change, but it was timed well as we were able to get through the night. 

We had a few hiccups with the TDWR, but they were resolved earlier this afternoon. Should be all set now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Trees snapping in the distance  

Where the hell are you???  Your description doesn’t even sound like your in the same storm as everybody else??? 

• Thanks 1