• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall/Early Winter 2019 Forecasts and Discussion

C'mon back edge, I see you out there between here and Pittsburgh haha. 

Miserable night, basically an all freezing rain affair and temps remaining right near the 32ºF mark. I'm glad I salted the driveway this afternoon. Probably a tenth or so in the trees/railings/etc. The lack of a high pressure to the north shows... a decent snowfall is probably the primary impact of this system over a good part of our region with one given the track of the low. We've really wasted a lot of potential this month. 

• Like 1

Here is some weird shit for you. I got to my home  form having to work outside in Downtown Harrisburg about an hour ago. Street and sidewalks there where only wet but Accretion on other objects began there by 9:30 Pm and was obvious by 10:00 PM. Sleet was mixing in at times the whole time I was there. There must be some crazy micro climates form one block to the other in the Burg. Funny shit. 

DSC02817.JPG

DSC02811.JPG

DSC02807.JPG

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It's still raining and there's water everywhere. 

With so much focus on the snow prospects from round 1 and how much frozen we might get from round 2, I completely ignored the QPF projections overall. This was a very wet storm.

i just said this to my co-worker. we need this precip with some good cold.

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Little bit of ice accrestion here in ETown.  Nada at home, but i really was never in part 2 so its all good.  What shame this couldnt be snow, but it's mid december, and looks like 80N is snow/ice and maybe back to some snow. Oh well...onto the next one.

Last night when i came home from company X-mas party i had some ice building up on the power lines in front of my house. This morning around 515ish on my way to work a truck with a ladder rack past me and honest to god the icicles were 5-6" long. I almost wrecked because i was staring at them lol 

Just now, sauss06 said:

i just said this to my co-worker. we need this precip with some good cold.

Last night when i came home from company X-mas party i had some ice building up on the power lines in front of my house. This morning around 515ish on my way to work a truck with a ladder rack past me and honest to god the icicles were 5-6" long. I almost wrecked because i was staring at them lol 

Yeah, as Mag alluded to earlier, if we had even a decent HP anchored in NE we'd have been seeing a notably whiter event, and like Trainer said, generous qpf would have made this a good one. 

Meso's were suggesting more frozen, and while the snow part didnt work (which it usually doesn't in situs like this), we do tend to hold the cold a little better than modeled and that to seems to be the case.  

We were close to a good one, but it looks like we now have a boring period coming up thru Christmas as the red n blues on the 500's say take some time off and see you after Christmas, as the pattern looks to start trending more favorable around the 26th and beyond.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Yeah, as Mag alluded to earlier, if we had even a decent HP anchored in NE we'd have been seeing a notably whiter event, and like Trainer said, generous qpf would have made this a good one. 

Meso's were suggesting more frozen, and while the snow part didnt work (which it usually doesn't in situs like this), we do tend to hold the cold a little better than modeled and that to seems to be the case.  

We were close to a good one, but it looks like we now have a boring period coming up thru Christmas as the red n blues on the 500's say take some time off and see you after Christmas, as the pattern looks to start trending more favorable around the 26th and beyond.  

Hopefully our little snooze is temporary and the light we're seeing at the end of the year isn't delayed into January. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It's still raining and there's water everywhere. 

With so much focus on the snow prospects from round 1 and how much frozen we might get from round 2, I completely ignored the QPF projections overall. This was a very wet storm.

For some perhaps, but over this way, I only got 0.18" from both rounds.

11 minutes ago, Voyager said:

For some perhaps, but over this way, I only got 0.18" from both rounds.

That's pretty crazy. I didn't bother getting an exact measurement when I left for work at 5am but eyeballing the gauge was around 1.25". The Susquehanna in Marietta has come up 5' since last evening. 

Looks like MDT was significantly less than my location as well. 

38 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That's pretty crazy. I didn't bother getting an exact measurement when I left for work at 5am but eyeballing the gauge was around 1.25". The Susquehanna in Marietta has come up 5' since last evening. 

Looks like MDT was significantly less than my location as well. 

This is the 7:00am estimates from the NWS.

FB_IMG_1576600222712.jpg