• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Sarthak Tiwary 1
    Newest Member
    Sarthak Tiwary 1

2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

Just now, MotoWeatherman said:

Probably 3 inches on Beech and still coming down. 

Friday into Friday night looks good for another 1-3 on top of what happens the rest of today. 

Agree...and it's not going anywhere today

6 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

I have no clue how much fell overnight because of the wind. I'll try to get a total later. Still moderate snow with wind gusting to 46. It's cold, 14.2 degrees. For me, this is the best event of the season.

Yep I agree Joe. This is my number one event of the winter by far. 

• Like 1

Impressed with the coverage from this event, some amount of snow on the ground along 74 from Balsam Gap to Marble, mostly in the dusting to half inch range.  Wished I was fishing the Nantahala when I drove through the gorge, picture perfect winter day with water cleared up and not running quite as high.  Trout will be biting!  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Maggie Ace said:

Looking W off the front porch. A bit of an over achiever in my opinion.

ERyW1afXsAIG2I1.jpeg

That's a gorgeous view!

• Like 1

I was surprised to wake up to a dusting. That was nice.  The wind last night was crazy; still is. Sounds like someone is whistling outside. This has been a particularly windy winter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sw NC weather said:

What an unexpected night, crazy amounts of wind and and about an inch of snow. With flurries still flying.1D334F10-F246-4BB8-8B46-76AF0AA5F5AC.jpeg.3c462d75490fd3602e5b95b084fa8fce.jpeg

Yeah the wind was crazy last night and this morning.  Nice dusting of snow too!

• Like 2

The latest NAM and RGEM looks to have some heavier convective type snow late tomorrow night and into Sunday morning. The GFS doesn’t look bad either. Smokies look to do decent. I’m gonna watch runs today, but may have to get a place up off ski mountain road in gatlinburg. Congrats to all who scored last night! Love seeing the posts and pics 

• Like 2

I wasnt impressed with the 12Z NAM but the GFS was much more robust with things this weekend.  There is a strong signal there and thats all that matters currently. 
The 3km nam had some big amounts, overdone I'm sure. 12km looked okay too...I'm guessing you're speaking of the 32km?

Regardless, you're absolutely right. The signal is there. That's what matters right now.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

WHAT. A. NIGHT! absolutely pouring snow last night and early this morning. Temps really killed early accumulations here, but managed around an inch and a half anyway. By far the most fun event to watch.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

The 3km nam had some big amounts, overdone I'm sure. 12km looked okay too...I'm guessing you're speaking of the 32km?

Regardless, you're absolutely right. The signal is there. That's what matters right now.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yeah the 32km. Im not worried though just like last night. The signal was there and it delivered. 

• Like 1

That last wave coming in late Tomorrow looks good for the southern mtns. By Saturday the smokies will probably have a foot of snow on the ground. 

• Like 3

I’m kinda surprised by how quickly it’s melting. I’m judging it based on the banner elk cam on hwy 184.  This is over 4,000 feet and you can see the ground in that filed there that was covered this morning. Sun does wonders even if well below freezing. 

It's currently 24.1° here and I've lost about half an inch if snow today.  As dry as the air is I'm sure it's sublimating. 

• Like 1

I might be wrong but we are practically into March which makes a big difference and also the ground is very warm for the season we are in. With the combined rain, warmth, and getting into pre spring things work against us a lot at this time of the year.