• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

Tyler Penland

12z Euro with a good front end thump similar to yesterday. Let’s see how long it’s holds, I would much rather watch the long range Euro compared to the GFS. Anyways, I’ve been working on some topographic maps for the area for my website and figured I would share them with you guys to see if you had any corrections that I should make.

6611783a9086f5c8e1eaae690a3a87bf.jpg&key=24ad9bfcada0f99b86402b029996086b1ce116119178a6684425ae17d5061adc

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Looking to the skies said:

Time frame through 6th - 9th

although this not a Miller A set up is there hope for a 1-3 inch snowfall for the mid south and even the south?  Even maybe a dusting to mid Ga?

A lot is still possible at this range. This could also end up as partly cloudy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

GFS and Euro look way different even later this week. Euro has 2 to 4 inches of rain and GFS much less. Then the GFS tries to develop a southern wave on the next front giving a decent snow chance next week. Euro has a low cutting up the Ohio Valley with showers/storms and turning a bit colder behind it. 

Not that impressive this weekend maybe an inch or 2 in favored areas on the border. Next week could be a bit better for upslope areas but doesn't look that great right now. If it doesn't turn around in late Jan or Feb this winter may turn out to be one of the all time least snowy. Even places like Beech and Mt Mitchell have barely seen half a foot all season.

Another event where I’ll manage flurries to a dusting, maybe I’ll be able to reach the 1” mark for the season if I’m lucky.  Just not situated in an area for NWFS to accumulate.  Hope Buckethead, Met, Joe and you guys up in the High Country score a decent event. 

• Like 1