Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

There hasn’t been a peep from Sox fans since Napril . I listen to EEI . It’s been nothing but whining, complaining. Sox suck. I turned it on today knowing full well what I’d hear. Sure enough.. this team is really good , will go on huge run now and win division or at least #1 WC team, Yankees aren’t good, Sox are the better team. It was so predictable and so nauseating . How about the fact the Yanks lost their entire starting lineup this year , their #1 SP and #2 bullpen guy, and have an 8 game lead. I didn’t hear any Sox fans talking like this after the London series. 

One homer doesn’t dictate what most sane Sox fans know. Pitching is an issue, offense juggernaut. It would take a hell of a collapse to catch you. 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

There hasn’t been a peep from Sox fans since Napril . I listen to EEI . It’s been nothing but whining, complaining. Sox suck. I turned it on today knowing full well what I’d hear. Sure enough.. this team is really good , will go on huge run now and win division or at least #1 WC team, Yankees aren’t good, Sox are the better team. It was so predictable and so nauseating . How about the fact the Yanks lost their entire starting lineup this year , their #1 SP and #2 bullpen guy, and have an 8 game lead. I didn’t hear any Sox fans talking like this after the London series. 

If the Red Sox can get into the playoffs...I'll take their SP over the Yankees any day of the week. 

12 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Hasn't he had 2nd half struggles through his young career? 

Having him would certainly be a help but IMO they would still need another top guy...maybe not a #1

2nd half struggles last year which some think was tipping pitches.  Agree-him and stroman would be a formidable combo.

Just now, weathafella said:

2nd half struggles last year which some think was tipping pitches.  Agree-him and stroman would be a formidable combo.

ahhh I think I remember that. I drafted Severino on my fantasy team b/c I really like him and just before he started to struggle I used him to get Max Scherzer 

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Interestingly taking ORH as example, the number of days with minimums less that 50 has increased from 134 to 140 while the number of days over 85 has decreased from 24 to 15 , applied regression line

chart.jpeg

chart (1).jpeg

Is that for KORH? That site moved to its current site awhile back so not sure if that skews data.

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Guess about as much as Brians HFD area and 90 % of any climo record from the 1800s

They didn't have just Windsor Locks as an option. And it doesn't change my point anyway. Feel free to eyeball the data since 1948...it's still been a torchfest since the late 90s.

43 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Ha, Yankee fans on social media were swan diving from the George Washington Bridge last night.  

Until someone else wins it, the Red Sox are still the reigning World Series Champs.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

They didn't have just Windsor Locks as an option. And it doesn't change my point anyway. Feel free to eyeball the data since 1948...it's still been a torchfest since the late 90s.

Lol overnight mins sure and increase in max ave but when it really counts for hotter days its less. 

28 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Is that for KORH? That site moved to its current site awhile back so not sure if that skews data.

lol...yeah. Just a little bit of a site change for ORH in the 1940s. 7/4/1911 ORH has 102F and BOS 104F. The BOS 103F in 2011 got ORH a 97F.

Just now, dendrite said:

lol...yeah. Just a little bit of a site change for ORH in the 1940s. 7/4/1911 ORH has 102F and BOS 104F. The BOS 103F in 2011 got ORH a 97F.

In my part of the world if you told me 35 years ago. Hey your climate change will be some warmer overnights some warmer days but more snow and less intense heat. Sign me up. Lol how site change is suddenly brought up.  Your Hartford area graph has site changes

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

In my part of the world if you told me 35 years ago. Hey your climate change will be some warmer overnights some warmer days but more snow and less intense heat. Sign me up. Lol how site change is suddenly brought up.  Your Hartford area graph has site changes

You really can't see the difference there between 1955-2005 and 2005-present?....aka the BDL years.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

No doubt we’ve been warm. I’m betting on a ‘bounce back’ next 10years but not overly below. Maybe even normal which may feel below but data says otherwise. I think the trend is inevitably warm this century with short term decadal fluctuations.

The 1991-2020 normals should be nice and toasty with abundant snow. A bounce back would probably make the 2020s look like the 80s....cold and dry.

This has also been my wettest July so far. My Davis gauge is under catching by almost a third but that is at 4.67”. That’s about 6” and matches 6.5” next door in Hingham. Lawn is a jungle. I need to get a stratus, but my ghetto gauge had 2.5” in it still when I got home today. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

This has also been my wettest July so far. My Davis gauge is under catching by almost a third but that is at 4.67”. That’s about 6” and matches 6.5” next door in Hingham. Lawn is a jungle. I need to get a stratus, but my ghetto gauge had 2.5” in it still when I got home today. 

I should've stalked your Davis and calibrated it for you while you stalked Eek.

• Like 1