Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Thank you. It’s slways been 70’s and dews in 40’s. Now the goal posts have Vegas 105/27 as COC k

And your goal posts for ‘torch’ went from 95/70 to 80/60. In March you’ll rapid fire torch posts at 60F as you post pics of yourself in tight jean shorts washing your truck. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, dendrite said:

I get it. Miami Beach has their own def of COC too and it isn't 70/45. I'm just saying I feel like whenever we've talked about "COC" here it was for one of those "top 10" days of the year. Maybe I'm the minority on that.

I think we're on the same page on that.  I just think that a top 10 day is different for each season.

This morning is definitely not CoC weather...hopefully those that enjoy high dews are outside with A/C's off and absorbing as much sweat as possible.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

And your goal posts for ‘torch’ went from 95/70 to 80/60. In March you’ll rapid fire torch posts at 60F as you post pics of yourself in tight jean shorts washing your truck. 

Exactly and that was my point.  He's claiming that people that like perfect CoC weather moved the goal posts when it's he that has moved the goal posts of HHH.

4 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

I think we're on the same page on that.  I just think that a top 10 day is different for each season.

This morning is definitely not CoC weather...hopefully those that enjoy high dews are outside with A/C's off and absorbing as much sweat as possible.

Had a nice warm sweaty 5 mile run at 5:00 Am. Give it a try 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MetHerb said:

What are you talking about?  Of course it changes.  In winter CoC weather is winter weather with clear blue skies and people being able to recreate doing winter things.  In the summer it's summer weather without too much humidity.  What gave you the idea the the chamber wouldn't want perfect seasonable weather?  That's all anyone is ever talking about.

Besides, talk about moving goal posts, when did met summer start at the solstice?  You also might want to fact check that's been hot since the solstice.  I guess having highs in the 60s counts as hot now? 

Talk about moving the goal posts...

For him met summer starts in mid April  and it  ends in mid Oct.  Clueless as usual.

7 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Cocadoodledewless.  We COC in July at low mid 80s over anything under 60. Litmus test is 3 ways, you can see forever, you instantly cool coming out of the water,  you are much cooler in any type of shade.  Kevin has his definition

Men in suits will be around this week, just sayin

Pete Repete for those with slow reading skills

I'm going to weigh-in on the whole COC thing.   What would be the photo on a COC brochure?  Ideal day of a season in season.

1) in summer, the COC brochure would have crystal blue skies, green lawns, white sands, no one has broken a sweat in a photo.  This brochure hits in April.

2) fall would have people in their LL Bean fleeces picking apples or carrying 3 logs of firewood into their cabin.  Unbelievably vibrant foliage.  This brochure hits in August.

3) crystal blue skies on a ski-slope.  A subtle bonus is a stake revealing spectacular depth in a brochure that comes out in October.  This brochure is out on Nov. 1.

4) close up of daffodils because there are no other good images of spring in New England.

The photo will always reflect the quintessential image of the season.  It absolutely varies by month/season.  It will definitely have a picture of a couple next to a wood stove.  It will definitely NOT have one of people sitting next to an air conditioner.

No one is ever uncomfortable.  They neither shiver nor sweat, and all the women are hot.  

That's what COC is all about, Charlie Brown.

• Thanks 1

Just now, dendrite said:

Got my yard work done between 6-8am. Now we chill. 4th of July party later with fam...maybe I'll have to swing by Kettlehead. Maybe get me a little Voice of Reason DIPA.

65608791_2094763170649296_19502756547589

Have a great time, headed to 2 Grandkids graduation birthday party combo. Hopefully the storms fire late. Can't believe they are this old now, geezus. 

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Have a great time, headed to 2 Grandkids graduation birthday party combo. Hopefully the storms fire late. Can't believe they are this old now, geezus. 

Was thinking how fast the time flew from 21 to 41. Another blink and I'll be pushing elderly.

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

I'm going to weigh-in on the whole COC thing.   What would be the photo on a COC brochure?  Ideal day of a season in season

1) in summer, the COC brochure would have crystal blue skies, green lawns, white sands, no one has broken a sweat in a photo.  This brochure hits in April.

2) fall would have people in their LL Bean fleeces picking apples or carrying 3 logs of firewood into their cabin.  Unbelievably vibrant foliage.  This brochure hits in August.

3) crystal blue skies on a ski-slope.  A subtle bonus is a stake revealing spectacular depth in a brochure that comes out in October.  This brochure is out on Nov. 1.

4) close up of daffodils because there are no other good images of spring in New England.

The photo will always reflect the quintessential image of the season.  It absolutely varies by month/season.  No one is ever uncomfortable.  They neither shiver nor sweat, and all the women are hot.  

Nailed it. There is actually a book about it

Screenshot_20190706-084542_Chrome.jpg

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Got my yard work done between 6-8am. Now we chill. 4th of July party later with fam...maybe I'll have to swing by Kettlehead. Maybe get me a little Voice of Reason DIPA.

Very respectable rating there.

Did you get the chickens tied down for the big wind this afternoon?

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Was thinking how fast the time flew from 21 to 41. Another blink and I'll be pushing elderly.

Just wait.  I'm sure those older than I on this board are saying the same to me even more loudly.

On another note, really glad I got the mowing done last evening instead of today.  Note to self to continue doing that on Fridays rather than using a Saturday for it.

9 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I'm going to weigh-in on the whole COC thing.   What would be the photo on a COC brochure?  Ideal day of a season in season

The photo will always reflect the quintessential image of the season.  It absolutely varies by month/season.  No one is ever uncomfortable.  They neither shiver nor sweat, and all the women are hot.  

Well said, moneypitmike.  That should end the discussion, but it won't because of goalposts.

Speaking of goalposts on an alarmist's other favorite subject, here's a summary of where things stand today, the USDA definition of D0, and a map of the northeast.

"Some short-term precipitation shortfalls have popped up across interior southern New England and a few other isolated areas, but D0 introduction was not warranted at this time, and the region remains free of any dryness on the Drought Monitor. " - Richard Tinker, NOAA

D0 definition.JPG

Drought Map 7.03.JPG