• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews

Early April Winter Storm Discussion(LOL)

@psuhoffman maybe you're just messin around but  yes...I agree if it went down like that thermals would allow for more areas to be wet pasted. All low chance this late but my thinking is the next rare late hit has to happen sometime :D

The Ukmet has a coastal as well. Limited maps but it's there. 

Screenshot_20190327-065950_Chrome_crop_432x691.jpg

• Like 1

Just as CWG cancels winter for good, the GFS has some mood flakes with the coastal next week for some of the N&W crew. Obviously wouldn’t amount but it shows possibly snow falling for a time 

With a Gfs track and FV3 intensity I'd think column crashing wet paste would be in the cards . A pretty decent setup 

gfs_mslpaNorm_eus_28.png

fv3p_mslpaNorm_eus_29.png

Ukmet looks similar at 144. In all reality it's a longgg shot lol..most know this but this is what we do ....track storms...beats tracking the boring sunny and 60 

• Like 3

what the f is this? its supposed to be in the 70s for a couple days and y'all chasing snow still? pfffft get outta here. 

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, mappy said:

what the f is this? its supposed to be in the 70s for a couple days and y'all chasing snow still? pfffft get outta here. 

Back in 1994 it was mid 80s one day and 2 days later it snowed all day and accumulated 2 inches in grass and that was in Catonsville :whistle:

7 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Back in 1994 it was mid 80s one day and 2 days later it snowed all day and accumulated 2 inches in grass and that was in Catonsville :whistle:

Just not ready to embrace spring yet.  I’ll warm up to the idea in November

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Congrats Atlanta! :lol:

lol.JPG

The funny thing is it's not totally on it's own.  Eps has a couple members that get accumulating snow there lol.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

The funny thing is it's not totally on it's own.  Eps has a couple members that get accumulating snow there lol.

Wonder how many accumulating snow events occurred at ATL after April 1st.  Gonna guess not many?

12z GFS trending well I think... not as much warm air around to ruin things, cold air penetrating deeper. Storm track getting there. Not a hit yet but surprisingly encouraging.

doesn't look like there's enough cold air around to "create its own cold air".  that would be my concern with this coming to fruition.  the track looks fine.  the northern stream is not fine, and hasn't almost the entire year as can be seen by the fact that almost every storm we had was either a rainer or a mix.

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Ukmet is pretty strong ..just bump it west 

Screenshot_20190328-125802_Chrome_crop_530x812.jpg

we'll probably need a perfect track (further west, diggier NS, and rates), but coastals are still intriguing in early april.  cherry blossoms are expected to be at peak around that time, too, so that would make for another story.

3 minutes ago, 87storms said:

we'll probably need a perfect track (further west, diggier NS, and rates), but coastals are still intriguing in early april.  cherry blossoms are expected to be at peak around that time, too, so that would make for another story.

Yep...nothing like tracking a strong coastal imo..

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BristowWx said:

Wonder how many accumulating snow events occurred at ATL after April 1st.  Gonna guess not many?

I actually cannot find any for them in April, but I could be wrong. The latest accumulating event I can find for ATL is 7.9" on 3/24/1983, which was actually their 2nd biggest snowstorm of all time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Yep...nothing like tracking a strong coastal imo..

yea, i don't only track snow.  that's boring.

32 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I'll pass on 49 degree cold rain.

If the storm tracks far enough west Garrett county could get quite the paste job.